Side Deck, Incorporated in a Duel?

I was wondering, do you guys think they will ever make a card that directly incorporates your side deck into your duel? Possibly a Card Destruction type card like ...

"Each player discards their hand and then may add one card from their Side Deck to their hand."

It may seem kinda out there but I remember a time when a removed from play card was really removed from play as in cant get it back that duel. So I just thought they could do something like that again.

Ehh well Its just a thought. Discuss! =D

^Not necessarily.

Could cause some issues. Things like mix-ups and other shenanigans caused by PWWB being activated on a monster that a player pulls from their side deck. Either they have different sleeves and an effect that triggers shuffling renders their deck "marked" in a way, or one absentmindedly forgets it and moves onto their next game if they share the same sleeves.

Yeah I see what you guys mean. It would could mess things up in a game. Also if you decided to run the max number of cards you can have in a deck (not sure why you would) but it could put a deck over the limit. But I just thought it might bring a different use to a side deck other than countering an opponents deck.

WOWBT_1.gif

A card like that couldn't possibly exist in yugioh for way too obvious reasons.

I lol'd' date=' it might as well say, "place [b']CED-EotE[/b] into play"

Fix'd. Technically, that would circumvent YGO's deckbuilding rules, as you still have 0 CED-EotE in your deck.

^Not necessarily.

Could cause some issues. Things like mix-ups and other shenanigans caused by PWWB being activated on a monster that a player pulls from their side deck. Either they have different sleeves and an effect that triggers shuffling renders their deck "marked" in a way' date=' or one absentmindedly forgets it and moves onto their next game if they share the same sleeves.

[/quote']

Not to mention that not all players use a side-deck...

^Not necessarily.

Could cause some issues. Things like mix-ups and other shenanigans caused by PWWB being activated on a monster that a player pulls from their side deck. Either they have different sleeves and an effect that triggers shuffling renders their deck "marked" in a way' date=' or one absentmindedly forgets it and moves onto their next game if they share the same sleeves.

[/quote']

Not to mention that not all players use a side-deck...

Which is why all cards that would make use of a side deck should only make use of your own side deck.

People would stop maindecking DAD and just put it in their side deck. Then they would end up running multiple copies of the Side deck searcher. Whatever sidedeck card it was would be pretty broken, I just don't see how any card interacting with the side deck could be balanced unless it said

Pay 5000 life points. Remove from play 3 cards in your hand. Add one card from your side deck to your hand.

But even that would be pretty broken...

Archived