Yu Yu Hakusho: Fight Towards the Truth [PG-13][Not Accepting/Started]

Andx

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ooc: Okay! Everyone has been accepted, sorry I didn't start this when I wanted to but we're going for it now. All rules apply now so here we go!

IC:

The southern half of Tokyo. More than any other place on Earth this portion of the city seemed to be the most targeted by the recent increase in demons. And more than any other place that was under attack, this place had been seeing the strongest demons. Their old standbys no longer available, Spirit World was forced to bring their top six honorary detectives to this town. Six people chosen to maintain the demon threat and keep the town safe. Regularly C+ and B- demons could be seen. If the six could not work together the town would never be safe.

Spirit World had issued orders for these six detectives to assemble in a certain location. The had all been told where to meet and that someone would be there to explain. They were to head to room 300 on the third floor of the local hotel. The six detectives had never seen each other before but would have to cooperate very quickly.

Ayumu moved quickly through the dark night. Tokyo never slowed down even for nightfall, it was a strange thing for Ayumu who was accustomed to calm and peace in his clan's village. He moved quickly as he knew no other way to go about moving. He had to wonder what they would be doing and who he would be working with. He entered the hotel and didn't respond when asked if he'd like to rent a room. Instead he headed straight off for the appointed room. As far as he could tell he would be the first one there.

*Screeeeeech!*

The train had come to it's last stop. It was a very busy evening on the railrays of Tokyo, even more so since it was just past some of the heaviest rush hour the city has seen in awhile. Stepping out onto the platform was a raven-haired girl, who appeared to be in her late teens. She wore black and a red ribbon at her collar, carrying a very inconspicuous case with her. Inside was a black violin, which is extremely valuable, in that there couldn't be a price attached to it.

"Let's see... hotel... hotel... hotel...." She wasn't great with directions, but the hotel was thankfully the best looking building of the bunch that was clustered down the street. She began to hum to herself as she entered the doors and proceeded to the front Desk.

"Um... excuse me, can you tell me how to get to room 300?"

"Why certainly miss..."

After a few minutes, Seiko nodded and thanked the attendant and proceeded to the room, turned the knob and opened it.

"Anyone here?" She asked as she entered.

Ayumu had reached the room first as he had suspected. Once he stepped inside he strangely found no one there. The lights weren't on yet the door wasn't locked. There was an envelope sitting on the table in the center of the room that stated to wait until all six had gathered to open. Ayumu didn't give it a second thought but instead turned on the light in the room. He took a seat and waited for the other five to show.

It wasn't all that long before something happened. Only a few minutes after he had sat down the door opened and a girl with long black hair came in. If she was looking in this room she had to be an honorary detective as they were the only ones who knew about the room. She called out if anyone was there as she entered.

"Just me at the moment. I assume you're an honorary detective as well?" Ayumu said to the girl. He stood up figuring he should get to know her if they were going to work together.

"My name is Fukui Ayumu." he said as he offered her his hand.

ooc: Just a note, this is japan so when introducing yourself make sure to have your name ordered in last then first. So while my character's first name is Ayumu he would place Ayumu second when stating his full name.

Dan shuffled his deck again. The cards flapped noisily as he repeatedly cycled then from hand to hand. He randomly dealt twelve out unto the chair before him. He spread then out in a square as the other passengers in the bus watched. He motioned to the closest one.

"Do me a favour and pick any three," he asked, his mask hiding a smile. The lady nodded and picked up three cards at random. Dan examined them. "King of spades, Jack of hearts and the Joker."

He sighed. No matter what he tried, it was the same. He packed up his cards as the bus pulled up to his stop. Bowing to his audience, the ones he had been entertaining the entire trip, he vanished in a puff of smoke fitting of a magician. As the crowd marveled over his apparent parting trick, he snuck out through the door, unidentifiable as the magician without the mask.

"Room 300 on the third floor," he mumbled as he climbed the stairs to the hotel. The doorkeep tried to stop him at first but quickly let him pass when he glimsed the order. Less than a minute later, he was knocking at the door to room 300.

Hayate was walking the back alleyways trying to steer clear of the crowds. He wasn't the type to be people friendly but his orders where to go to the hotel and meet the other five detectives at room three hundred in order to gain his next mission. All of this was displeasing to Hayate but he new his job would soon bring him back home.

Hayate could see the old hotel from where he was but their was a metal gate obstructing his current path. Rather then walking around which would have taken him only a minute more, Hayate ran at a full sprint and when he neared five feet from the gate he began to run up the wall. Though he could only make it about five feet up it was only another ten feet to the other side. Once Hayate had jumped the gate he quickened his pace and headed straight for the hotel doors.

Entering the hotel lobby Hayate noticed a few of the workers talking about a few others who just entered and never said anything but just went right to either the elevator or the stairs and headed up. Hayate took this as a sign saying that a few of the detectives had all ready arrived. Without even acknowledging anyone else he just casually walked up the stairs and to the third floor as he passed by a few other people who where staying at the hotel.

Hayate walked down the hallway and saw a person knocking on the door to room three hundred. Without hesitating nor saying anything Hayate stepped to the side of the boy with reddish brown hair and grabbing the handle to the door just entered without glancing back at the boy.

Dan stood by the now open down without moving for a few moments, be fore shaking his head at the large man's actions.

"Yadda, Yadda," he sighed. "Here I was trying to be nice by knocking." He stepped into the room as well and pulled the door shut behind him. The only occupants were a red hair youth around his age and a raven haired girl that seemed a bit older, and the rude, man of course. But the man and the youth smelt demon, but the girl was human (fragrantly human at that.) The demons must be some of the ones that koemma were talking about. Dan nodded at the eariler arrivees.

"Hello. I am Kiyomeru Dan," he bowed a bit. "I look forward to working with you."

Hirosuke was touring the Spirit World in search of the other detectives that he would have to work with. He hated to admit it, but he was curious to find out who these people were, and what they were like. Soon after giving it some thought, Hirosuke thought that meeting these people would be fun. Before long, Hirosuke was at the doors of the room where they were supposed to meet. As he entered, he quickly glanced around at the people there, wondering if any of them would be the detectives that he would have to work with. Hirosuke took a seat and waited. From a distance away, he could hear some people talking about being Spirit Detectives, so, although it was abnormal for him to do so, he walked up to these people.

"Hello, are you 2 of the Spirit Detectives that I was sent to meet here?" he asked, smiling a bit. His expression was soft and kind, like it usually was.

Kazuma

Kazuma[/b]

Kazuma, a boy with powers beyond any other humans, walked to a train station from Tokyo, Japan.

The train stopped into another street and from that street was a hotel right beside it. Kazuma then went to the main entrance but then felt something unusual.

Almost 3 or 4 people have been here already. So... Reiki and Yoki's are here too. Kazuma thought to himself as he looked at the authority. "Hello sir. Would like to buy a room to stay in?" The nice lady questioned Kazuma.

Kazuma then took out $200 of japanese money and gave it to the lady. She took the money and gave him a key. "Your room number is 300 sir. Thank you for staying." Kazuma then took the room key and left.

It took Kazuma 5-10 minutes just to arrive at his floor and at the door.

Kazuma then put the key in the lock and unlocked it. He opened the door to find out that those 3-4 people were all in the same room. Well now this is unexpected. Kazuma thought to himself as he closedthe door.

"Why... hello everybody. The names Kazuma. And no i do not have a last name. I really don't know why." Kazuma said as he introduced himself to everybody.

Kazuma then made his way to an open seat and looked at everybody. These strange people... there Reiki and Yoki are much different then i had expected. Kazuma thought to himself as he looked at everybody having a good time.

Everyone had arrived within minutes of each other. Now all six honorary detectives stood in the room. Ayumu heard the various names and tried to see if he could remember them. He knew who Seiko was but most likely because she was the first one there besides himself and the only female. Ayumu decided he would introduce himself again after they were told about what they would be doing. Without moving he stepped back over to the table with the small envelope. He opened the envelope and a bright light started shining in the room. With a bit of a recoil Ayumu stepped back and dropped the envelope on the table. The door to the outside balcony slid open and a person entered the room. It was a young woman with bright blue hair, wearing a pink kimono, riding an oar of all things.

"A big Spirit World welcome to all of you honorary detectives!" the young woman said energetically. She stepped off the oar and stood in the room. The glow from the letter stopped as she did so.

"My name is Botan and as I'm sure you all know, I'm sort of what you call a Grim Reaper. Now then let's see. Ayumu-kun, Hayate-kun, Kazuma-kun, Hirosuke-kun, Dan-kun, and Seiko-chan. You're all here. You wouldn't believe how many times people just open the signal before everyone gets to the meeting place. It's nice to know you guys don't rush things. Now then I suppose you'd like to know what's going on." Botan said. Everything she said had a bright energy to it, like nothing could depress her.

"That would be nice." Ayumu said, barely audible.

"Well, as I'm sure you all know demons have been attacking like crazy as of late. Now what you may or may not know is that this is the result of the Dark Tournament not being held for quite awhile. The demons no longer feel they have to keep their end of the deal to not attack if the tournament isn't being held. That's why Spirit World has been working extra hard to rebuild the stadium and have another tournament. In the mean time we have to keep the demon attacks under control. Here in southern Tokyo, we seem to be having the worst problems with the demons. C+ and B- lower rank demons are consistently appearing. We've fortunately avoided a large death count so far but if things get any worse we don't know what we'll do. That's why we need you six here. While we prepare the next tournament you'll all have to do your best at keeping the demons here under control. Well sorry if that's all a bit much info for such a short amount of time, if you have any questions now is the time to ask." Botan said.

Hayate snarled a bit when Botan had mentioned his name. He listened intently to what she was saying and how the demons had been attacking the human world so unrelentingly. He almost spoke out of turn when Botan announced that they had to work together but new that his struggling wouldn't make it any easier for him to get back to the demon world.

"I have one question miss, Why has it taken so long to rebuild the arena?" He new that it was hard for Spirit World to gain access into the Demon World and he also new that the demons could careless if the arena was ever rebuilt. Life would go on and they would make changes, and that is exactly what they had done.

He wasn't sure if this was the right time to ask such a question nor did he really care if it was answered he all ready new why and he also new that his job has nothing to do with the arena.

Hirosuke wasn't about to daze off. He listened carefully to every one of Botan's words. So far, he understood what was going on and wasn't going to bother asking any questions. He crossed his arms and thought about the Dark Tournament concept. A small and shy smile ran across his face as he thought about this. Hirosuke hadn't had a fun fight in a while, so he figured that this would be a good time to start again.

Hirosuke knew that he would have to do some training, seeing as he had gotten a bit rusty. He smiled again then lifted his head towards Botan

"It's enough time..." he muttered, meaning to talk to himself. He slipped his hands into his jacket and then looked down at his feet. The news of this upcoming fight had made Hirosuke rather anxious.

Botan simply put her index finger under her chin as she began thinking. Hayate's question was one she couldn't have an exact answer to. Only Koenma could know for certain.

"Well... why has it taken so long huh? Well for one thing Spirit World has always been severely understaffed. We can hardly get all of the paperwork filled out let alone supply workers to rebuild a massive stadium. And it's also hard to get enough money to go about that sort of repair effort when your work doesn't make any money. Regardless we've been at work for a few years but just recently we've really got going on the building. Some anonymous big shot offered a whole mess of money and workers to get the work going. I hope that answered your question well enough." Botan said.

Ayumu had taken the info well enough. It wasn't that hard to figure out and he'd heard about it before. Various demon tribes had come with similar stories to his clan. Of course his clan had never made a move based off of that.

"Excuse me, Botan was it? Is there some reason you had to call us here specifically? I mean we could have just as easily been briefed somewhere else and..." Ayumu said.

"Of course there was! Spirit World just doesn't go about doing things for no reason you know. You've all been called here because we already have an important mission for you all. This will require the group to split into a group of two and a group of four. And while I'm sure you have your own ideas as to what your groups would look like we already have assignments. The group of two will be Ayumu-kun and Seiko-chan. And that of course leaves you four for other group." Botan said.

"And this is where I come in correct?" another female voice said. It was a darker haired woman with a black kimono. She too road an oar.

"Oh, Ayame. You're here too?" Botan said.

"Well, Koenma did say he wanted both teams to be in contact and... he wanted to be able to see what happened on his screen in Spirit World." Ayame said.

An odd silence fell over the room for a bit at the fact that Koenma wanted to watch them like a television show. After a minute the group split how they were told. Botan was going with Ayumu and Seiko while Ayame would be going with Hayate, Kazuma, Hirosuke, and Dan. The groups would have to ask for their assignment from their respective representative of Spirit World.

Seiko stood there timidly, not sure if her nervousness was from being in a room of obviously more confident persons and demons, or the fact that their assignment would start already. Regardless, she bowed slightly in respect.

"Botan-san, I just have a question that doesn't really need an answer right now." She rubbed her hands together uncomfortably, as this question wasn't exactly much of anything except her curiousity. Working up her nerve, she asked,

"If we're honorary Spirit Detectives... does that mean that there were others before us? I know it's a bit out of the blue to ask this, but I wanted to know if we had allies in case things... don't work out." She didn't mention death, but it was on her mind.

Hayate glanced over at Ayame after Botan had finished speaking, "So spill it girl..... What this mission all about?" Hayate was anxious to get into action again and all though he had to work with team mates this time he could careless as long as it brought him closer to his goals.

Hayate finally moved for the first time since entering the room as he pushed his body away from the wall that he was leaning against. He looked over his supposed teammates and had a half grin upon his face before looking back at Ayame to await her response.

"What kind of attitude is that? You've got to be confident in yourselves. You're the best we have! But yes we did have some detectives a few years ago. But they won't be able to help. It's all on you guys." Botan said. At the end she had seemed sort of depressed. Something had been bothering here.

Ayame moved over to the four she would be accompanying. She listened to Hayate's question and tried to annoy the level of rudeness. She couldn't expect everyone to be polite.

"A good question. Right now there is a particular area of town that is literally crawling with demons. And though most people can't see the demons they have still abandoned the place. We fear that he demons might be trying to create a stronghold in that area. This is where you guys come in. We'll need you four to essentially go nuts on the demons outside. You'll be attacking demons as a decoy while the smaller group gets inside the building where they've been staying. If you can clear a path inside so much the better. The stronger, more intelligent demons are no doubt inside but they can't notice the smaller team until they get there." Ayame explained.

Ayumu asked Botan about the mission and got the same basic explanation of the situation and what the larger group would be doing. But theirs was a bit different.

"After the larger group begins distracting the demons we'll get inside and find the head honcho! Then we'll incapacitate him to see what he knows!" Botan said.

"What he knows?" Ayumu said confused.

"Well you see, the demon attacks of late have seemed too organized. Most demons are stupid, no offense Ayumu-kun, and the attacks are just mindless acts of aggression. As of late we feel they've been to organized and well planned. Several honorary detectives have been caught in a trap of all things. So we have to start figuring out who might be coordinating the demons because, let's face it, they couldn't do it on their own!" Botan said.

The explanations mostly finished, the group began on their way out. They were to stay together for most of the way. Botan and Ayame road on their oars while the others walked.

"I don't know whether to be happy that I'm trusted to taking out the masses or be upset that I'm assigned to deal with the small-fry and act as cannon fodder," Dan sighed. He idly kicked one of his tricky as he walked. He had one main question mulling over so he decided to ask it. He moved over so he was right beside the two guides before asking.

"Ah, Botan," he said softly, "After we clean up the mess in this town, will we be expected to participate in the Dark Tournament as well?"

Hirosuke's ears twitched a bit in anger as he heard Botan metion something about most demons being stupid. He managed to shake off the 'insult' and he turned to the rest of the group.

"Shall we get going, then?" he asked, his voice calm and steady.

So far, he understood what was going on; and he wasn't worried. He was more anxious and excited. Hirosuke began walking with the rest of his group. His eyes were narrow, and made his face seem emotionless. His hair blocked his eye sight, and Hirosuke could barely tell where he was going...

He glanced around at the other people in the group as he walked. Hirosuke was starting to wonder what it would be like to fight alongside them; Whether they would get along, or want to kill each other along the way. Hirosuke found himself smiling a bit at the thought. He wondered about their different fighting styles, and whether or not Hirosuke could learn something from each of them.

Kazuma overheard the conversation, and stood up and walked by the window.

Kazuma then looked out the window w/ his arms folded, looking at society and from the room that he was in with other detectives and demons. He also felt his reiki running through him. Spirit Detectives... humans... meaning that i am one of them...

...but we must have a purpose of being so.

Kazuma kept on thinking to himself as he looked at the others and jumped on the bed. He looked at the ceiling with his hands behind his head and feet crossed. "Spirit Detectives eh? Then i guess we have a job to accomplish then."

Kazuma said as he got up and stood by the window. "My guess is that we have a couple of other species in here. Not to point things out but, it seems that we have a few demons in our presence... am i right?"

Kazuma said as he felt people's Yoki inside them as they felt his. His reiki was pitch black and was engulf in shadows of his past and his mysterious powers. He put a blade that he had been carrying around on the bed ever since childhood.

"Tiz a shame really. But then again we all aquire special abilities that makes us unique in everyway possible." Kazuma said as he grabbed his sword and headed for the door. "I'm going out for a little bit. I'll be outside doing what i can. Bother to come get me if you can." Kazuma said as he opened the door and closed it on the way out.

Botan just sort of looked at Ayame and back at Dan's question. She wasn't exactly sure of what she wanted to say.

"If we have any say in the matter we won't let a single human who doesn't wish to participate be in the fights." Botan said.

As they went a bit further down the hall Kazuma raised a question. He went outside after asking so the rest of the group followed.

"Hadn't you all noticed yet? Half of the members of this group of detectives are human and the other half are demons. I would have thought that was obvious based on the reiki and yoki present in the room." Botan said.

Ayumu progressed continued relatively silently. He followed the rest of the group and listened to all of the questions asked. He figured he should try to get to know Seiko a bit better as they were going to be working together.

"So, Mizuki-san," he said. The hesitation was obvious in his voice. "Well I was just thinking we should try to know a bit more about each other if we're going to be working together. I was sort of hoping we could be friends eventually." he said.

"I guess I'll start. As I said before I'm Fukui Ayumu and if you hadn't already guessed, I'm a demon." Ayumu said.

Botan heard some of the conversation and was hoping that more like what Ayumu was trying to start would go on. She had hopes that the six honorary detectives would become friends and be able to trust each other relatively soon. The group took leave of the hotel. They would have to head to the train in order to make it to the right section of town.

Hayate could careless how the other viewed the differences between working with humans or demons, to him they where all the same. He followed the group led by Ayame out through the hallway as he listened in on the conversations from behind him from the other group. He new he would have to work with the others and though he was tempted to do it by himself he new what would become of him if he where to disobey orders.

As they all walked down the stairs Hayate noticed many new people who where quickly walking up the stairs. "Is it just me or is their something happening outside?" He wasn't sure what exactly was happening but he could feel a faint spiritual power coming from somewhere outside the hotel.

"So' date=' Mizuki-san," he said. The hesitation was obvious in his voice. "Well I was just thinking we should try to know a bit more about each other if we're going to be working together. I was sort of hoping we could be friends eventually." he said.

"I guess I'll start. As I said before I'm Fukui Ayumu and if you hadn't already guessed, I'm a demon." Ayumu said.

[/quote']

Seiko, clearly nervous herself, didn't answer right away. She was alittle more comfortable with Ayumu, that much was true. But she wasn't exactly confident in trusting other people enough to be friends. Nonetheless, she thought it would be rude to not answer his question, afterall, he was making an effort.

"I see... I suppose we could be friends..." She then responded to his other statement, albeit with hesitancy,

"Y-yes. I knew you were a demon. Reiki and yoki are vastly different aren't they?" She couldn't explain how she felt the difference. But she tried as best she could. "Well... Fukui-san, when I detect any kind of ki, it has a certain feeling to it... for example, reiki feels smooth and cool to the touch. Yoki on the other hand... is rigid and is slightly more warm. The more ki, the more the feeling intensifies." She hoped he would understand, as she was not sure she grasped the concept enough.

Kazuma then stepped outside from the hotel and took out his sword.

There was a brawl going on at the corner of the street and Kazuma walked to the corner to check it out. It appeared to be a gang brawl, Serpents vs. their rivals, T-rexs.

Each gang then looked at Kazuma with hatred in their eyes as they moved closer to him. Kazuma did not even move one inch when he was surrounded by the gangs.

"Who this fool?" The leader of the serpent gang said. The leader then stepped up, sizing up to Kazuma, who had his eyes closed and could smell the breath of a deep smoker.

"I have no intention of fighting with the likes of you."

Kazuma said as he opened his eyes and unleashed his blade. Everybody except the two leaders stepped back and took out their daggers. "You think you can beat all of us?" The other leader said as he stepped behind the other leader.

"If you guys weren't to stupid to hear me, i said i'm not going to fight or i'm going to kill you." Kazuma said as he flared little of his reiki out in the open. It was unseen by humans w/o reiki but with spirit dectectives and demons, it was seen like no other.

Kazuma's blade then glowed pitch black as it was engulfed in shadows. "You know what i'm getting sick and tired of hearing your mouth." The leader said as both leaders took out their daggers. The other people crashed in as Kazuma stepped a few feet back.

"Sick him boys!" The two leaders as everybody rushed to kill Kazuma.

"Why are they suc idiots?" Kazuma asked himself as he pointed his blade at the charging gangs. Kazuma then lifted his blade in the air and cut the air and ground. From other dimensions, a vortex was summoned from the ground and the air.

From those vortex came dragon arms reaching for their prey. The dragon arm from the air grabbed the serpent gang as the dragon arm from the ground grabbed the Rex gang.

Both dragon pulled the gang into their vortex as both closed at the same time. And through the air and only in Kazuma's ears were the violent rippings, tearings, and the screams of both gangs as they were in their final destintation, hell.

"I love my abilities." Kazuma said as he looked at the sky.

Archived