Yu Yu Hakusho: Fight Towards the Truth [PG-13][Not Accepting/Started]

Andx

[spoiler=OOC, please read]

Okay I'm not going to get after it much this time but I want you to know the previous post is a form of god-modding. Creating plot such as the previous post is the job of the GM and is not to be done by anyone else unless I tell them they can. Thank you for cooperating.

IC:

"Right then. ... Sorry for asking that so suddenly. I just usually take too long to get to know people and thought I should try to change that." Ayumu said. It was interesting that Seiko was okay with knowing a demon. Most girls of her age didn't even know demons existed .

The group was outside of the hotel and everyone could feel some spiritual powers being used. The less sensitive could only perceive that energy was being used while the more sensitive members could tell that it was Yoki off in the distance. From the distance of the yoki it seemed a demon had passed by the hotel and ran off in the direction they were going to be going.

"Well it seems you guys have picked up on some distant Yoki." Botan said.

"Worse than that. It seems there was a demon clinging to the window we were at. It's run off now. There are traces of its yoki all over the outside walls of the hotel and around." Ayame said. She was quite sensitive to matters pertaining to yoki and reiki. She was quite proud of just how good she was.

"Could it have been a spy?" Ayumu questioned.

"More than likely. It would have attacked if it was that close but the fact that it ran means it was spying." Ayame answered.

"Then these attacks are far more organized than we thought." Botan said.

"We should stop worrying about it for now. We need to get going." Ayame said.

The group reached the train station and got on right as the train came. They were to be heading off to the abandoned area of town where the demons were. The ride would take about twenty minutes. Botan and Ayame had both taken on normal human appearances and clothing so as not to arouse suspicion.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hirosuke sat awkwardly at the edge of a seat in the train. He noticed that most of the others in the group had also taken on human appearances. Hirosuke also did this, since it was obviously not a good idea to go into this world looking like a demon. After some time of silence between the group, Hirosuke let out a small yawn and found himself almost falling asleep.

Hirosuke quickly got up, refusing to allow himself to drift into sleep right now. He slowly grew tired of the awkward silence, until he couldn't take it anymore. He turned his head to the others

"So...Since we'll be working together, I think it'll be good to get to know each other a bit more..." he said, awkwardly. His tone was gently and soft as always. As he said this, he tilted his head to make his face look a bit more boy-ish and kind.

Kazuma then held his sword by his shoulders and turned around the other direction.

Blood still trickled from his blade as blood ran from his right arm and left cheek. He then felt other Yokis or Reikis coming his direction. Kazuma then let his blade dropped to the ground as he walked back to the train station.

"That teaches them to mess with the Dark Dragon." Kazuma said as he sat quietly in the train station for 20 minutes. 20 minutes had passed and Kazuma got off the train and walked off. Kazuma saw the hotel a couple blocks away and started walking in the dark streets.

From the distance of Kazuma, eyes were all on him. People who were gang bangers and gan affiliated were all watching him walk to his destination. To him, these people can't touch him close up or they'll pay the ultimate price.

Kazuma then crossed the street, 20 minutes away from the hotel. Kazuma's blade then glowed pitch dark as he knew what happened. "A new ability. I see... this blade is different then most blades i had." Kazuma said as many people started to come closer to him.

10 minutes away from the hotel and Kazuma was surrounded by trouble. ((Can do another gang brawl but add the new attack and the new character that is going to come in the plot?))

From out of nowhere, a girl with no cross guard dual swords landed next to Kazuma in her battle stance. Who is this girl? Kazuma said as they were back on back, being circled and cornered by gang bangers.

"I'll tell my name if we get out of this alive." The unknown girl said as she held her blades with her wrist turned to her back. "Let's just make sure that we do the first thing." Kazuma said as he blade was swirling with dark dragon aura.

[spoiler=Ooc]

Really Necro? I just told you on your last post that you shouldn't create plot on your own. We had that whole conversation and then literally MINUTES after I tell you that you give me this? I'm sorry, but you directly ignored what I told you and I'm not going to put up with this/allow it to happen again. You're out, your character is going to be killed in my next IC post, and he will be forgotten within a few posts. Posting further will result in your being reported.

IC:

Without any time given the girl that had appeared next to Kazuma stabbed him in the back straight through the heart. He never saw it coming. The girl smiled as she turned into a demon. She had been a demon the whole time. She took the other blade and stabbed Kazuma again right next to the other stab. She pulled the blades out and Kazuma fell to the ground lifeless. The death had been instantaneous. In his carelessness he'd been killed by a C- ranked demon. The demon left his lifeless corpse and started on her way back to the place the demons had taken over.

On the train the others took notice that Kazuma had not boarded with them. Then all at once they felt his Reiki disappear.

"What? It can't be!" Botan cried out all at once.

"Was he really just killed?" Ayame said in a bit of disbelief. The others couldn't quite believe it either. None of them had really gotten to know Kazuma but still, how could he have died?

"Are the demons here really that dangerous?" Ayumu asked concerned.

"No, they shouldn't have been strong enough to do that. He must have let his guard down. I know it might be harsh but we must press on. The fact that he let himself get killed means he wouldn't have been that helpful to our cause anyway." Ayame said.

"I hate to agree with that statement but she's right. He wouldn't have been too helpful." Ayumu thought

"Ayame! How can you say that?!" Botan said.

"It's the truth! We may not like it but we have to accept it." Ayame said. The group then continued the train ride in relative silence.

Hayate couldn't believe that a spirit detective could have died so easily, but he didn't really care none the less. "I agree, if he lets his guard down that easily he would have caused more problems then he would have helped." With that Hayate pushed himself back down on the seat and waited for them to arrive to their destination.

Several minutes later a few others where speaking, "So Ayumu, how is it you became an honorary spirit detective?" Hayate asked wishing to know what drove the other demons into helping out Spirit World.

Ayumu wasn't quite sure how he felt about Kazuma's death. Ayame's argument made sense, a lot of sense. But still, someone had died. Ayame had assured him the demons shouldn't be strong enough to do that but he wasn't sure. As he sat Hayate approached him and asked him why he fought for Spirit World.

"Well it's a bit of a story if you're willing to listen. My village has always wanted to remain neutral in these things. Battles between Spirit World and Demons have always been something we've tried to stay out of. A few years ago some nearby demon tribes were really getting riled up. I guess now I know it's because of the Dark Tournament's absence. Several of these clans sent many messengers to our clan requesting, or rather demanding, our assistance. Time and again we remained neutral. Several of these demons stupidly got the notion into their heads that by not fighting with them we were siding with Spirit World.

It seemed that they were ready to attack us. Then Spirit World approached us and we were certain we wouldn't support them either. However they did have a very interesting proposal. If we would supply them with a few fighters to be honorary detectives they would do their best to forever establish our neutrality in the future. Of course most of the village didn't trust it. It seemed to them that Spirit World just wanted to use us. I'd always been a pretty talented fighter I suppose and Spirit World's promise interested me. I hated the demons who wouldn't leave us alone so when our leaders hesitantly asked for volunteers, I signed up. In truth I was quite skeptical of Spirit World. I couldn't make myself trust them right away and I'm not sure I can really say I do now. I can't say I like working with humans either but the one I've talked to seems okay enough. Anyway, I have to keep fighting now. I'm the only volunteer left from my village." Ayumu said. Talking about his past was not something he often did simply because he generally just didn't talk much.

"Well that's my dragged out story. So Hayate, why are you fighting for Spirit World?" he asked.

Hayate listened to Ayumu's story and though he disagreed with why Ayumu was fighting for spirit world he didn't let it show in his appearance. When Ayumu was finished he asked Hayate about why he was fighting for the Spirit World. "Well to be honest I don't know if I truly am fighting for them or if my desire for revenge is so strong that I'm willing to fight with Spirit World to complete my own objectives."

After Hayate stated this he became frustrated at himself, he new the way he just said it would make Ayumu worried that he couldn't trust him. "Let me assure you, I will do everything within my power to keep everyone alive that I work with, otherwise I would lose everything I have. To truly explain why I am working for Spirit World I would have to take you back several years before now. I lived in the Demon World with my master, my parents never really cared for me so I stayed with and I learned to only trust my master. As a disciple of my master he taught me many things and turned me into a highly skilled assassin in which to do his bidding. Several years later we had an assassin from our squad that went missing here in the world of the living."

Hayate was shocked he was willing to share so much information with Ayumu, he never really opened up to anyone before, not even when being interrogated by the King and his son of the Spirit World. "Anyway I was sent on a mission from my master to gather any information I could on the whereabouts of our comrade. After about two years searching I finally met up with our ally, but to my dismay he and several other mercenary Demons confronted me and nearly killed me. At that point I blacked out and when I awoke I was in a Spirit World holding Cell. I was interrogated by the King and Koenma themselves and it was later revealed that within the battle after I blacked out I went insane killing my former ally and one of the mercenaries before being knocked unconscious and almost killed by the remaining Mercenaries."

Hayate sighed for a moment and brushed his hand through his long hair. "After being interrogated by the King and his son I was ordered to see a famous doctor who would be able to suppress my most lethal form of my Demon powers." Hayate pointed to his headband that was strung across his forehead and to the collar around his neck, "These two items are what keeps those Demonic powers in check. From then on I have taken it upon myself to willingly help out the Spirit World until the day I can reenter the Demon World and seek my revenge upon my master."

Finally as Hayate finished he took a deep breath, he started to count from ten backwards until reaching zero and then sat back in his seat. "That is why I must continue to help the Spirit World."

Ayumu wasn't sure to think. Hayate seemed decently nice but his past seemed awful. It would only make sense for someone with his experiences to be rude and hostile. But Ayame didn't get that impression from Hayate.

"Looks like you have me beat in the story department. You aren't the the only one with issues surrounding your demon form, though nothing like what seems to be going on with you." Ayumu said. Hirosuke was the last demon in the group and Ayumu figured that if Hayate was curious about his reason then maybe Hirosuke's reason would be interesting as well. Hirosuke was sitting nearby and had no doubt overheard their conversation.

"So, Hirosuke was it? I assume you heard what we were talking about. Why are you fighting for Spirit World?" Ayumu asked. In nearby seats Botan and Ayame were listening intently. They too had been curious as to why demons would assist them as they'd never been told why exactly.

Dan remained silent, enjoying the conversation between the others. He was getting some pretty good insights into each of the others characters. Not to mention that reasons why they took the job. When all was said and done, Danwas feeling a bit bad. After all, they had these noble reasons for working with the spirit world, yet all he came for was to try and get an easy life. In retrospect, he really didn't have a reason for being here. If that was the case, he would just have to work hard to prove he did belong. For the greater good and all that stuff.

Fascinated was an understatement if you were to describe Seiko at the moment. She had been captured, with her attention arrested on the demons of her team sharing their completely fantasical tales of origin and motivation. She was a bit humbled, as she didn't have much of an honorable reason for fighting or a strong motive. But she did feel slightly more comfortable with everyone being so open with each other. As such, she then said,

"...Perhaps... I guess I'm here to serve the... "bad guys" justice." She felt that singling out demons wouldn't be fair, so was intentionally vauge in her own regard. With that she rubbed the side of her case, knowing that it would see some use in the coming battle.

Hirosuke turned towards Ayumu. He went in thought, so that he would be able to answer his question...

When he was done, he ended up sighing

"I'm not sure why I'm doing it..." he sighed. The topic obviously left Hirosuke unamused and confused; he didn't like to talk about it at all. As far as he knew, there was really never a reason for doing and of the things he did; either that, or he just didn't remember his reasons. Either way, Hirosuke just plainly did not enjoy being asked the question.

He turned his head away from everyone and took a deep breath, showing his amusement.

I lost sight of my goals so long ago...

Archived