:: Feline Monsters ::

Just a lil set I'm working on for my Star Trek character who plays Duel Monsters, sad I know. Anyway because my character is a feline, she uses a Feline based deck. These cards aren't final, or complete so feel free to comment.

EDIT: Feline Dragon still needs an effect, Feline Magician isn't fully completed. Feline Takes Flight is not the final name.

Feline Warrior (EARTH)

Level 3

[beast/Effect]

If this card is used as Synchro Material for a "Feline" Synchro Monster, lower that monster's Summoning Level by 1.

(ATK 1100 / DEF 0)

Feline Synchron (EARTH)

Level 3

[beast/Tuner]

When this card is successfully Summoned, Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower Beast-Type monster from your Graveyard.

(ATK 500 / DEF 800)

Feline Swordmaster (EARTH)

Level 7

[beast/Synchro/Effect]

1 Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner Beast-Type monsters

Once per turn, Select 1 monster your opponent controls. You can then remove Beast-Type monsters from your Graveyard from play. Decrease the ATK of the selected monster by 300 for each monster removed from play until the end of the Damage Step. When this card destroys a monster, inflict half that monster's original ATK to your opponent as damage.

(ATK 2300 / DEF 2000)

Feline Magician (EARTH)

Level 6

[beast/Effect]

When this card is Summoned, you can send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to destroy all Spell and Trap Cards your opponent controls.

(ATK 2100 / DEF 1800)

Feline Blockade (EARTH)

Level 4

[beast/Effect]

Battle Damage your opponent receives involving this card is doubled.

(ATK 0 / DEF 2100)

Feline Brute (EARTH)

Level 4

[beast/Effect]

This card inflicts piercing damage. Destroy this card when it is targeted by the effect of a Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster.

(ATK 2100 / DEF 0)

Feline Instinct

TRAP

Activate this card when your opponent declares an attack and you have no monsters. Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower Beast-Type monster from your Graveyard until the End Phase. A monster Summoned by this card has it's ATK doubled.

Feline Scavenger (EARTH)

Level 2

[beast/Effect]

When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, select 1 card in your Graveyard and add it to your hand.

(ATK 300 / DEF 200)

Feline Dragon (EARTH)

Level 8

[Dragon/Effect]

(ATK 3000 / DEF 2100)

Feline Takes Flight

TRAP

You can only activate this card when a Level 6 or higher Beast-Type monster you control is destroyed. Special Summon 1 "Feline Dragon" from your hand or Deck. A monster Summoned by this card cannot attack during your next turn.

Your set is good, but I cannot find its theme, if it even has one: Some cards increase ATK, other lower ATK, another one destroy cards, other Special Summon monsters and you also got a Synchro. I suggest you choose a theme and make upcoming Feline cards based on it.

Since 3 of your cards focus on inflicting damage (Swordmaster, Blockade, Brute), you could choose not Burn, but Damage Infliction by attacking as your theme.

"Feline Scavenger" is overpowered because it let's you recover any card form your Graveyard, including powerful Spell Cards, and I believe "Magician of Faith" was Forbidden for that reason.

You could limit the effect to Beast-Type monsters or perhaps "Feline" monsters.

OCG fix on "Feline Swordmaster":

1 Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner Beast-Type monsters

When this card attacks, you can remove from play any number of Beast-Type monsters from your Graveyard to reduce the ATK of the attacked monster by 200 for each card removed until the end of the Damage Step. When this card destroys a monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the original ATK of the destroyed monster.

The wording of "Feline Instinct" is confusing. I think you meant this:

Activate this card when your opponent declares an attack while you control no monsters. Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower Beast-Type monster from your Graveyard. That monster's ATK is doubled and it is destroyed during the End Phase.

With "theme", I meant a common effect for your Felines. Just like Allies of Justice have effects that cripple LIGHT monsters, or how most Lightsworns have a milling effect; in some way, those shared effects unify each archetype. Also, common effects give place to support cards that deal with that main effect.

So, after choosing a main effect for your Felines, I bet it will be easier for you to think in support cards for them.

Archived