[Welche] If this title were different, I bet you would post here.

Welche the crab

Guest Welche

[align=center]Image by Queen of Broken Hearts

111476.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-tuner monsters

When this card is Summoned, remove from play your entire hand and the top 5 cards of your Deck. During each of your Draw Phases, add 1 of the cards removed from play by this card's effect to your hand. If any of the cards that were removed from play by this card's effect are sent to the Graveyard or the field while your opponent controls an even number of cards, destroy half the cards your opponent controls, then destroy this card. If your opponent has an odd number of cards, draw 1 card.[/align]

There are tons of DARK Fiend-Type monsters; you could change this guy to LIGHT to make it a bit more unique, the artwork and its colors would match perfectly with that attribute.

The effect is a bit confusing, and unless you explain some things it is plain bad. First, I understand you would be drawing 2 cards per Draw Phase (1 from the Deck, and 1 of the removed from play), which is good. But, if this card is destroyed before you recover your hand and the 5 cards removed from play, those cards would remain removed, and that would generate an awful card disadvantage on you.

Second, from the third effect I understand that even playing the cards would destroy the monster (because by playing it you will "send" it to the field), and doing so would create the card disadvantage mentioned above. So, in other words, it doesn't matter if you draw 2 cards per turn, you won't be using half of them if you want to recover them. And if your opponent forces you to discard of those cards, you will lose everything.

Finally, I think the last effect has the wrong wording. I don't know, but "half the cards" doesn't sound right. Shouldn't it be "half the number of cards"?

So, what do you had in mind when you did this card? The main advantage I see is that it thins your Deck, which helps you to draw the cards you need, if they weren't removed by this card's effect.

Or you could remove from play "Necroface" with this card to activate its effect (and remove 5 more cards), only to add it to your hand again and Normal Summon it to return the rest of the removed cards to the Deck and boost its ATK by at least +900, while destroying the "Jack" along with it your opponent's cards.

Wait, that is actually a good combo. Your card is not that bad after all.

And now that is LIGHT, you could run some "D.D. Scout Planes" that would Special Summon themselves, and when both the Plane and this card are destroyed, you could remove them for a "Chaos Sorcerer"; awesome.

I bet this card has even more uses.

"From" and the 2nd "the" in the name should not have been capped.

When this card is Summoned, remove from play your entire hand and the top 5 cards of your Deck. During each of your Draw Phases, add 1 of the cards removed from play by this card's effect to your hand. If any of the cards that were removed from play by this card's effect are sent to the Graveyard or the field while your opponent controls an even number of cards, destroy half the cards your opponent controls, then destroy this card. If your opponent has an odd number of cards, draw 1 card.

6/10, nice pic though.

So the 4 OCG mistake lose 4 points? Thats kinda harsh.

5 actually, you missed an apostrophie. But no, the real reason is the the effect, it's far to outlandish. Once a card has done something like the first part of the effect, "remove from play your entire hand and the top 5 cards of your Deck" you'll find that it very rarely does anything else to it, that's the problem I have; Cards that damage game mechanics and such. Plus, keeping track of around 8 cards would be a bit annoying. The only card I can think of that has an effect like it is Spell Chronicle, and that's a terrible card. I'm all for originality but not game breaking originality.

Sorry, just how I voted:/

Archived