"Shadow-Piercing Knight" & "Armored Assault Steed" Effect/Union Warrior combo

hell_sword2280

493420.jpg

Shadow-Piercing Knight

LORE:

During your Main Phase, you can destroy one face-down Spell or Trap card your opponent controls and inflict 500 points of direct damage to your opponent's Life Points. This card cannot attack the turn this effect is activated.

493420.jpg

Armored Assault Steed

LORE:

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if you control this monster on the field, you can equip it to a face-up Warrior-Type monster you control as an Equip Spell Card OR unequip the Union equipment and Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. While equipped to a monster by this card's effect, the equipped monster gains 500 ATK and when it attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of a Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points.

As always, I appreciate helpful comments that help me improve my cards!

Peace,

hell_sword2280

Shadow Piercing Knight:

The effect is nothing new, it is just a variation of "Breaker the Magical Warrior" whose effect can be used repeatedly. They even have the same ATK and Attribute. It is OP'ed, because you could destroy all your opponent's face-down cards in a single turn, as the effect doesn't state that is "Once per turn".

In addition, the artwork is Pop-Culture, because it is the image of a character from the "Fire Emblem" series.

Armored Assault Steed:

Again, effect is not original and there are Equip Spells that do the same. Also, the image is 3D-like and, therefore, not appropriate for Yu-Gi-Oh, which only depicts drawn images.

If you want to improve both cards, would would have to give them completely different effects and pictures.

Shadow Piercing Knight:

The effect is nothing new' date=' it is just a variation of "Breaker the Magical Warrior" whose effect can be used repeatedly. They even have the same ATK and Attribute. It is OP'ed, because you could destroy all your opponent's face-down cards in a single turn, as the effect doesn't state that is "Once per turn".

In addition, the artwork is Pop-Culture, because it is the image of a character from the "Fire Emblem" series.

Armored Assault Steed:

Again, effect is not original and there are Equip Spells that do the same. Also, the image is 3D-like and, therefore, not appropriate for Yu-Gi-Oh, which only depicts drawn images.

If you want to improve both cards, would would have to give them completely different effects and pictures.

[/quote']

Fire Emblem? 0.o I was just hunting for pictures of knights and I thought it looked cool.

Archived