I just wanted to get this out my head,why do Christians worship a Jewish Guy?

Masey 4 AVFC

And since your a atheist, you wouldn't really understand.

That's extremely ignorant. I'm an atheist as well, and I still tolerate people's beliefs, as long as they don't force them on me or change the way the education system/government/et cetera should work. I don't want to be affected by your religions.

Honestly, while there is proof of a man named Jesus living (it was a common name, iirc), there was no proof of anything about him being the son of God or how he wrote a bunch of scriptures. All of that is religious speculation. All we know at the moment for fact is that a man named Jesus existed. Period.

So the entire topic at hand is wrong, because if that's all we know, Jesus being Jewish is still an assumption.

And since your a atheist' date=' you wouldn't really understand.[/i']

That's extremely ignorant. I'm an atheist as well, and I still tolerate people's beliefs, as long as they don't force them on me or change the way the education system/government/et cetera should work. I don't want to be affected by your religions.

Beat me to it. >>

Honestly' date=' while there is proof of a man named Jesus living (it was a common name, iirc), there was no proof of anything about him being the son of God or how he wrote a bunch of scriptures. All of that is religious speculation. All we know at the moment [b']for fact[/b] is that a man named Jesus existed. Period.

So the entire topic at hand is wrong, because if that's all we know, Jesus being Jewish is still an assumption.

Honestly. I have nothing to say. You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.

IF he did exist, Christians should have a good reason to worship him IMO.

this question has popped up many times on YCM. Judaism and Christianity in a nutshell are very similar. Jewish people just follow the old testament. Catholosism follow the new and old testament.

That's... actually quite sad that they constitute as different religions. Shouldn't one be a sect of the other?

Light I was joking D:

I just a masey.

Ignorance and idiocy; two things I shan't tolerate.

Light I was joking D:

I just a masey.

Was he talking to you? Because he called you Light. xD

Yeah, it's a bit of an inside joke. See, my name is "Dark". Since "Light" is the opposite, people think it's annoying/funny to call me that. It's really just a stale joke I've heard one too many times, but I let it slide.

Light I was joking D:

I just a masey.

Yeah' date=' it's a bit of an inside joke. See, my name is "Dark". Since "Light" is the opposite, people think it's annoying/funny to call me that. It's really just a stale joke I've heard one too many times, but I let it slide.

[/quote']

And here I thought he was being a Moron. Sorry Light Dark.

TBQH, it's not that funny IMO.

this question has popped up many times on YCM. Judaism and Christianity in a nutshell are very similar. Jewish people just follow the old testament. Catholosism follow the new and old testament.

That's... actually quite sad that they constitute as different religions. Shouldn't one be a sect of the other?

Light I was joking D:

I just a masey.

agreed

The reason Christians worship Jesus, is that Jesus was both God and man in one. Both Christians and Jews worship the same God, but Jews believe that, through the obedience of God's rules given in the Old Testament, they are given a place in heaven. Christians, on the other hand, believe that God sent his son Jesus to completely erase the old rules and to place new commandments. After all, it is impossible to obey all of the Old Testament rules all the time. Jesus' death on the cross removed all of our sins from us, and just through belief in Jesus, Christians are given a place in heaven.

Long story short, Christians believe in Jesus because God sent him to earth to save us from sin and death through belief in Him.

believe that God sent his son Jesus to completely erase the old rules and to place new commandments

That's where I get confused; where is the old/new split? Is the Bible completely in itself the new 'book', and the Torah being the old 'book? Or is the split itself within the Bible? But that'd mean that Jewish people would've followed the early principles of the Bible, before it was written. Unless the Bible authors did some sneaky copy/pasta.

Light I was joking D:

I just a masey.

Yeah' date=' it's a bit of an inside joke. See, my name is "Dark". Since "Light" is the opposite, people think it's annoying/funny to call me that. It's really just a stale joke I've heard one too many times, but I let it slide.

[/quote']

U can no stop my name callin'?

But..but your area went blue D:

Light I was joking D:

I just a masey.

[/quote']

U can no stop my name callin'?

But..but your area went blue D:

D:

believe that God sent his son Jesus to completely erase the old rules and to place new commandments

That's where I get confused; where is the old/new split? Is the Bible completely in itself the new 'book'' date=' and the Torah being the old 'book? Or is the split itself within the Bible? But that'd mean that Jewish people would've followed the early principles of the Bible, before it was written. Unless the Bible authors did some sneaky copy/pasta.

[/quote']

The "old/new split" started at the birth of Jesus. After all, if Jesus had been just another prophet preaching the Old Testament, he wouldn't have been killed by the priests. He criticized the Pharasees for following the rules too well.

Here's and example: One OT rules is to rest on the Sabbath. In Jesus's time, this meant that, if a man fell down a well on the Sabbath, the Pharasees wouldn't help him because it was the Sabbath. While they were following and OT commandment, what they were doing was clearly wrong. They would shun lepers, cripples, and demon-possessed men because they were spiritually unclean. Jesus, on the other hand, went to those very people and healed them, stayed with them, and loved them, giving them attention that other leading religious officials denied them.

Jesus taught some radical ideas about God in the Jewish community, in fact calling the priest "sons of hell." Through Jesus, God taught that, while the Commandments illustrate a guideline on how to live, only faith in Jesus could truly save you.

If you have more questions, we should move it to PM.

Honestly, while there is proof of a man named Jesus living (it was a common name, iirc), there was no proof of anything about him being the son of God or how he wrote a bunch of scriptures. All of that is religious speculation. All we know at the moment for fact is that a man named Jesus existed. Period.

Your "being able to understand" despite being an atheist on the other hand, is a PREsumption.

Your "being able to understand" despite being an atheist on the other hand, is a PREsumption.

That was one of my vocab words. <_<

I know it has multiple meanings, but I don't know which one you are referring to.

Ehh... an arrogant assumption?

I wasn't talking about being able to understand; I was talking about my acceptance of other's beliefs as long as they don't affect me in any way, shape or form. :/

Archived