[Cake] Hand Destruction...literally.

I noticed something while playing with CCV on WC10. It destroys not only monsters on the field, but cards in the hand too. So I figure I'll play with that a bit.

Mining Charge

Continuous Spell

Once per turn, you can destroy 1 card in your hand to destroy 1 card on the field.

Demo-Expert Man

FIRE

Warrior/Effect

4/1600/1200

Once per turn, you can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard to destroy 1 card in your opponent's hand.

Replication Expert Man

EARTH

Warrior/Effect

3/900/600

Once per turn during your turn, if a card in a player's hand is destroyed, you can return a card in your Graveyard to your Deck.

Long Range Expert Man

FIRE

Warrior/Effect

3/1400/300

If your opponent declares an attack, destroy 1 random card in their hand.

Shrapnel Cards

Continuous Spell

If a card(s) in your opponent's hand is destroyed, they take 300 damage for each card destroyed.

Exogeodino

EARTH

Dinosaur/Effect

6/2000/2000

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned if it is destroyed. Once per turn, if this card attacks, it cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card attacks, destroy the top card of your opponent's Deck.

Expertise Insurance

Counter Trap

Negate the activation and effect of a card that would negate the effect of an "Expert" monster and destroy it.

Big Boom!

Trap Card

Activate only when your opponent declares an attack during a turn in which 2 or more cards in their hand have been destroyed. Destroy all face-up Attack Position monsters on the field.

Tuning Expert Man

EARTH

Warrior/Tuner

2/1100/300

If this card is used for the Synchro Summon of an "Expert" card, your opponent destroys 2 random cards in their hand.

Flame Expert Man

FIRE

Warrior/Synchro/Effect

5/1800/1700

"Tuning Expert Man" + 1 FIRE non-Tuner monster

Once per turn, you can pay increments of 500 Life Points (max. 2000) to destroy 1 card in your opponent's hand for each increment paid. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect.

Expert Call

Trap Card

Activate only when card(s) in your opponent's hand are destroyed. Special Summon 1 "Expert Man" monster from your hand or Graveyard with a Level lower than the number of cards destroyed.

Drill Expert Man

EARTH

Warrior/Effect

3/1500/1000

Once per turn, you can remove an "Expert Man" card in your Graveyard from play to destroy 2 cards in your opponent's hand.

Crust Expert Man

EARTH

Warrior/Synchro

6/2400/2100

"Tuning Expert Man" + 1 or more non-Tuner EARTH monsters

Once per turn, you can destroy 2 cards in your hand to increase this card's ATK by 1000 until the End Phase.

Magnageodino

FIRE

Dinosaur/Effect

6/2400/1200

You can Special Summon this card from your hand if it would be destroyed. When this card is Special Summoned, your opponent takes 1000 damage.

Community Set. I'm cool with contributions.

There is one flaw in your entire topic:

You can't "destroy" cards in your hand. You can discard, but "destroy" means having a card you control be killed by battle and sent to the graveyard, or sent there by a card effect.

Edit that tiny bit.

Expertise Insurance. Just... no....

Its too confusing to follow, but masically it says negate and destroy a card that would destroy this Archetype. It takes a WHILE to get to that understanding, so simplify ir or just... no....

I like the idea behind it, though. Maybe throw out some more complicated effects.

There is one flaw in your entire topic:

You can't "destroy" cards in your hand. You can discard' date=' but "destroy" means having a card you control be killed by battle and sent to the graveyard, or sent there by a card effect.

Edit that tiny bit.

[/quote']

Crush Card Virus destroys cards in the hand' date=' correct?

[/quote']

Yes, they are considered "destroyed".

Q&A thread says otherwise.

Expertise Insurance. Just... no....

Its too confusing to follow' date=' but basically it says negate and destroy a card that would destroy this Archetype. It takes a WHILE to get to that understanding, so simplify it or just... no....

[/quote']

Done.

I like the idea behind it' date=' though. Maybe throw out some more complicated effects.

[/quote']

Although it's basically discarding, hand destruction is open to a LOT of anti-support and support, and I want to see what other people think before continuing.

Big Boom!

Trap Card

Activate only when your opponent destroys 2 or more cards in their hand. Destroy all face-up Attack Position monsters on the field.

Tuning Expert Man

EARTH

Warrior/Tuner

2/1100/300

If this card is used for the Synchro Summon of an "Expert" card, your opponent destroys 2 random cards in their hand.

Flaming Expert Man

FIRE

Warrior/Synchro/Effect

5/1800/1700

Once per turn, you can pay Life Points in multiples of 500 to destroy cards in your opponent's hand equal to the amount of Life Points you paid divided by 500. This card cannot attack a turn you activate this effect.

(Struggled on OCG. Help?)

Expert Call

Trap Card

Activate only when card(s) in your opponent's hand are destroyed. Special Summon 1 "Expert Man" from your hand or Graveyard with a Level lower than the number of cards destroyed.

Big Boom!

Trap Card

Activate only when your opponent destroys 2 or more cards in their hand. Destroy all face-up Attack Position monsters on the field.

I'm going to assume that this goes hand in hand with Long Range Expert Man. I'll make a slight change before I add it.

Tuning Expert Man

EARTH

Warrior/Tuner

2/1100/300

If this card is used for the Synchro Summon of an "Expert" card' date=' your opponent destroys 2 random cards in their hand.

[b']Fine.[/b]

Flaming Expert Man

FIRE

Warrior/Synchro/Effect

5/1800/1700

Once per turn, you can pay increments of 500 Life Points to destroy 1 card in your opponent's hand for each increment paid. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect.

That's what I got.

Expert Call

Trap Card

Activate only when card(s) in your opponent's hand are destroyed. Special Summon 1 "Expert Man" monster from your hand or Graveyard with a Level lower than the number of cards destroyed.

Doing a bit of swarm, are we? I like it.

Changes reflected in the OP, as well as a few new ones from me.

Archived