Sea Serpent Contest SCORED!

Psycholera

I'm stuck in Scotland without much internet.

You're in scotland! :shock: Have you met any highlanders?

"There can only be one!" 8)

LOL!

Not all Scottish people is immortal Ralneox. :D

Again with the lies! How can scots not be immortal!?

Hey there! I would like to enter' date=' but one question:

The only card I made as a sea serpent has two functions; Normal effect monster and Sea Serpent/Leviathan (Leviathan replaces effect) Can I use it as Leviathan or effect?

[/quote']

I'm not quite sure what you meant. Just create a Sea Serpent-Type Effect Monster (Effect, Gemini, Union, Fusion, Synchro, etc etc). As long as its Type is Sea Serpent, all kind of Effect Monster is acceptable.

I'll PM T3RA PROWL3R to ask him to mark all cards apart from his own. Would anybody help out and be the second judge on his card? Score out of 100, with at least a few brief reasons why. I'll give the first valid critique a rep and count it towards his final score :D

--SCORES--

[spoiler=MAX DARKNESS]

Forbidden King Kumbha

Nice name and pic, OCG excellent. Even with the high ATK, protection effects and restocking power I think this would be a huge pain to summon. It would only work in a Sea Serpent deck, and even then I'm not sure I'd use it. But nonetheless a good card.

Abyss Leviathan

I'm not too great at Synchro cards, but this seems Ok. I can see an error in the Lore - you forgot to pluralise "monster". The effect seems not only good but original, with two different applications, both well thought through.

Machinations of the Deep

This card seems to mainly be support for Abyss Leviathan. It's simple but well made.

MY SCORE=86

[spoiler=Ralneox]

Sea Serpent Shaman

A nice effect - but overpowered. Forcing your opponent to pay 500 points a card plus the returning removed cards is too much.

Rising Waters

Good, original effect - not quite overpowered. Slight OCG slip.

A Watery Grave

WAY overpowered. Removing them all from play, and then from their hand? That is simply far too powerful. By far.

MY SCORE=73

[spoiler=usetheforcehan]

Purple Antique the Flame Eater

Original effect - unlike Max Darkness, you've managed to make a 3 Tributes card I would use. I like how it snuffs out FIRE cards, leaving them vulnerable to Battle Damage. And Umi makes it invincible. Not that original, but a nice touch.

Anti-Gravity Rock Fountain

A good card - seems a high cost, but then it can easily fuel more powerful cards onto the field via tribute.

Fire Reflected Shield

The first effect is run-of-the-mill protection, but the second effect is a good support for Purple Antique the Flame Eater. Nice.

MY SCORE=89

[spoiler=Hamsturrin]

Ignotus

A little overpowered, a kind of boring lore. It would be nice to have an effect, to show off your card making skills.

A Helpful Sea

MASSIVE OCG issues. The whole Spell Token thing seems a bit superfluous, as each Sea-Serpent Type will have a Spell Token on it anyway, so you might as well give the effect to all Sea Serpent Type monsters. Actually quite a balanced card, though.

Cordula

Again, an OCG fail, but a decent effect. Overall a balanced card.

MY SCORE=54

[spoiler=T3RA PROWL3R]

Ginnshlden, Deep Sea Guardian

I wouldn't use it in a deck - seems underpowered to me. Why would I Tribute a card to bring out a card with 1800 ATK and 100 DEF with a few small effect bonuses? But the OCG is generally good.

Deep Sea Gorgon

I like this card, and would use it in my deck, although I'm sure it's more powerful than the first one. Good effects, protection is nice, and Draw effect to help you along. All in all, a balanced and good card!

The fact that you made only two cards does hurt your score a bit. Sorry...

MY SCORE=75

[spoiler=Baragon]

Leviathan Ao'ctaolus

Nice effect - the first bit I can't see having a major effect, as I doubt anyone would want to set it with such a low ATK. Also, 50 is not a big enough ATK increase to make any difference whatsoever, with the card having such a high ATK in the first place.

Balistic (Should have two "l"s) Breaching

A few capitalisation errors - and 3 times is a lot. I would suggest 2. And attacking your own monster? You need to be more clear about when this happens, and the details of battle damage etc.

Natural Cleansing

Again, a few OCG slips. A decent effect, if a little simple, but very useful if you run an all WATER deck.

MY SCORE=78

[spoiler=ajw139904]

Tidalus, Sea Serpent of Chaos

LOVE the picture! Some OCG muck-ups, and you could have just said "cannot be Normal Summoned", as I believe an Advance Summon (or Tribute Summon, the old-fashioned way I prefer) counts as a Normal Summon. And the likelihood is that there is another WATER monster on the field, so it is overpowered quite a bit.

Aqua Chaos

Your Achilles Heel, I'm afraid. It specifies summon, which would count as a normal summon, but you've said Tidalus cannot be normal summoned. Basically, Tidalus needs special summoning with this card, but this card cannot special summon it. Also too many OCG errors for such a short card to be acceptable.

Floating Aqualand of Chaos

Excuse me..."numerous other Sea Serpent type monsters"? You'll have to tell me them on the card, or it doesn't mean anything. Also, the end bit is badly worded.

MY SCORE=66

So...

(provisional scores, or final scores if T3RA PROWL3R doesn't get back to me)

1st - usetheforcehan (89)

2nd - Max Darkness (86)

3rd - Baragon (78)

4th - T3RA PROWL3R (75)

5th - Ralneox (73)

6th - ajw139904 (66)

7th - Hamsturrin (54)

UPDATED WITH SCORES. COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE SCORE T3RA PROWL3R'S FOR A REP.

I will judge it to speed up the progress of this contest.

Ginnshlden' date=' Deep Sea Guardian[/b']

Good for swarming and gives survival bonus to "Deep Sea" monsters on the field.

7/10

Deep Sea Gorgon

Good for swarming, the discarded effect can also be useful in a DARK/Graveyard Deck and this card Draw effect is super good. Tend to be OP imo with 2 cards Draw.

8/10

Archived