Yu-Gi-Oh! DFR: Book One, the Neo Duel Force. Chapters Six and Seven is Up!

legendhiro

15 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this fanfic?

• I have not read your last fanfic, and I won't read this one. It sucks.
    • I have not read your last fanfic, but this one seems awesome!
    • I have read your last fanfic, and this one doesn't live up.
    • I have read your last fanfic, and this one is just as good. Love it!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you gotta love coincidences.

pure cyber style is fun, but a little one-track for an anime deck, and too unfocussed for a great tournament deck. aspects of it are great, like chimeratech and the basic cyber dragon. anyway, i decided to spice it up a bit with some of damien's personal add-ons, which you'll get to see during the damien/kira duel that everyone knows is coming.

• 1 month later...

I can't get the spoiler for Turn Seven to work in the first post, so I've posted it here as well.

[spoiler=Turn Seven]

The Leadership Tournament; Damien's Secret Power

To begin the final round of what had come to be a relatively interesting tournament, all things considered, my old rival and I stepped up to face each other.

"You saw what I can do," Damien said smugly, "so why not give up?"

"I was going to say the same thing to you," I told him. I wasn't really going to say that to him, but it seemed like a clever response. "And you should know," I added, "that until now I've been holding back."

Damien smiled, "We really do think alike, don't we?"

I won't lie, I was intimidated, but I knew that Damien was too, on some level, and that gave me the courage to go ahead with the duel, "I'll start."

I shuffled my cards from the last duel, replaced them in my duel disk and drew my opening hand, "I summon 'Amazoness Blowpiper' in defense mode!"

The pipe-wielding Amazon appeared at my side (DEF: 1500).

"I also set three cards," I concluded, "and end my turn (LP: 8000).

"Quaint," said Damien, taking smug and a**hole-ish to entirely new levels, "but my move won't be anything so simple. Even if you were holding back last duel, there is no way that you have the same reserves of power that I do. Besides, I got the jist of your strategy earlier. You use you cute little combos to survive your opponent's attacks until you can counterattack, rather than using cards that are more straightforward and effective. Like I said, it's cute, but it's nothing that I have to worry about, especially once I succeed in summoning a Cyber Style monster so strong that it can't be survived. I begin with 'Proto-Cyber Dragon'."

Damien's monster, a smaller, considerably stripped down version of 'Cyber Dragon', appeared at his side. It was even less advanced camparatively than 'Cyber Dragon Zwei' (ATK: 1100).

Oh, and speaking of 'Zwei'...

"Next," Damien continued, "I play 'Double Summon', letting me summon 'Cyber Dragon Zwei' to the field as well."

A second robotic dragon appeared. This time it was the one that I was more familiar with, even if only slightly (ATK: 1500).

"While 'Proto-Cyber Dragon' is on the field," Damien explained, "its name is treated as 'Cyber Dragon', and as you know I only have to show you a Spell card to give 'Zwei' the same treatment."

"So," I said, "you're planning to summon your juiced up 'Cyber Twin Dragon' again. Not very original of you, is it?"

"You are so wrong," Damien told me. "Allow me to show you by how much. I reveal 'Power Bond', acitvating the effect of 'Zwei', and then I activate 'Power Bond', fusing the two 'Cyber Dragons' on my side of the field with the one in my hand!"

Oh no, I thought, he has one of those?!

A regular 'Cyber Dragon' appeared and merged into one legless, winged cyber dragon with three heads, each head slightly different from the last.

"Kira," Damien announed pridefully, "say hello to my 'Cyber End Dragon', which of course benefits from 'Power Bond'."

The dragon's three heads roared in unison, and an aura burned around it (ATK: 4000 -> 8000).

Eight thousand Attack, I marveled. What do I have that can stand up to that?

"'Cyber End Dragon'," Damien commanded, "attack with Evolution End Burst!"

What do I do?! I thought desperately as light began to build in his monster's mouths, 'Cyber End Dragon' has peircing. It will rip right through my monster and take my Life down to only fifteen hundred! I can't just destroy it. I don't use cards that just destroy monsters. I don't even own 'Mirror Force'.

I sighed, I can do this...

The dragon fired its beams, which converged together into one huge, blinding attack. I had my set cards. They wouldn't stop the dragon, but I realized that they would give me a fighting chance.

"Reveal," I declared, "the Trap card 'Mirror Wall', causing your monster to attack its magical reflection, halving its strength!"

The wall of crystal rose, the attack of 'Cyber End Dragon' tearing right through it, leaving only a small amount of crystal, ready to regrow if I needed it again. The dragon crackled and his attack fell (8000 -> 4000), but the weakened attack still hit my monster, the explosion kicking up holographic smoke and dust so thick that I had the instinct to cough.

"Maybe you weakened my dragon," Damien taunted, "but in case you missed it, I destroyed your monster."

"Really," I replied, "because I remember things a bit differently."

The smoke around me began to clear, and I watched Damien's face form a shocked expression as my field came into view, revealing that there was a monster standing beside me. A monster, but not 'Amazoness Blowpiper'. Instead I was joined by 'Amazoness Queen', her blade resting on her shoulder and her smug expression a mirror of mine. My Life Points still fell (8000 -> 6400), but thanks to her effect, my monster had survived.

"'Dramatic Rescue'?" Damien asked, musing over what card I had used to summon my rarest Amazon.

"No," I replied, "I used 'Quick Summon' to tribute 'Blowpiper' for 'Queen'. Its your fault, really, for attacking when I had so many set cards."

Damien's smug-ass smile returned, "Interresting move, but even in his weakened state my monster still outclasses yours, and to keep his attack down, you have to pay two thousand Life Points each turn, to maintain 'Mirror Wall' (6400 -> 4400)."

"True," I agreed, "but you lose four thousand Life because you played 'Power Bond' on a monster with four thousand Attack points (8000 -> 4000), and during my Standby Phase I reveal 'Amazoness Willpower', reviving my defeated 'Blowpiper' in Attack mode with the understanding that her willpower will compell her to attack each turn."

The pipe-weilding monster reappeared alongside her queen (ATK: 800).

"Now," I continued, "I activate 'Blowpiper''s effect, weakening your dragon further."

'Blowpiper' blew a dart from her pipe, shattering the one of the dragon's eyes, causing the machine monster to spark and sputter (4000 -> 3500).

"And," I said, "finally, I equip 'Amazoness Queen' with 'Divine Sword Phoenix Blade'," the Amazon drew a second weapon from her belt (ATK: 2400 -> 2700), "and I play 'Union Attack', allowing my monsters to attack your monster together with an Attack value equal to their combined Attack points, which just happens to be thirty-five hundred! Oh, and thanks to 'Queen''s effect, my monsters can't be destroyed by battle while your dragon can!"

The two warriors charged the massive foe. The dragon attacked them, but they shouldered the attack for its duration and then jumped up toward the dragon's heads. 'Blowpiper' released a quick barrage of darts that struck the dragon's joints, staggering it and allowing 'Queen' to get close enough to slash with her two weapons, cleaving off all three heads with one blow. She and 'Blowpiper' kicked off of the dying machine and landed once again by my side just as the dragon exploded, ending its reign over the field.

"I won't go down that easily," said a clearly frustrated Damien. "I draw."

He looked over his hand for a second and continued, "I play 'Pot of Greed' to draw two cards, and then I summon 'Cyber Valley' in Attack mode."

A metal serpetine dragon much like 'Cyber Dragon' except that it had red lenses and spines up and down the legth of its body appeared between me and my opponent (ATK: 0)

"I end my turn," Damien concluded.

I know what you're doing, Damien, I thought. You're trying to stall until 'Mirror Wall' become so costly that I can't keep it around because you haven't drawn a card that can destroy it. Lucky for you 'Mirror Wall' has already served its purpose.

"I draw," I declared, "and I allow 'Mirror Wall' to be destroyed."

The crystal wall shattered, and I continued, "Next up I attack 'Valley' with 'Amazoness Blowpiper'."

"Then I activate 'Valley''s effect," Damien countered. "I tribute 'Valley' to project a barrier around myself, which ends the Battle Phase, and to draw one card."

'Cyber Valley' became a form of light that stretched out into the form of an energy barrier, blocking my Amazon's sonic attack, and Damien drew again.

"I set two cards," I said, "to replace some of the ones that you used up, and I pass."

“You act like that’ll help you win this,” Damien replied, still absolutely smug. He drew, looking visibly disappointed by his draw. “You know,” he said, “I was really hoping to defeat you before I drew this card. After all, this is only the first of many battles that will take place between us, Kira, and I didn’t want to show my entire hand too early.”

Damien sighed, “Oh well. Kira, my oldest rival, behold my secret power! I Special Summon my ‘Cyber Dragon’. And because I haven’t performed my Normal Summon this turn, I can still summon my ‘Delta Flyer’.”

“Delta what?” I asked as the mighty robotic serpentine dragon appeared alongside a fierce-looking green dragon which hovered in the air at Damien’s side (ATK: 1500).

“That’s not a Cyber Style card,” Jack stated the obvious from his place by the back wall.

“No,” Damien agreed, “it’s not. It’s a Tuner monster.”

“What?” I asked. “You have a Synchro monster?”

“Damien didn’t answer, “‘Cyber Dragon’ gives up his attack for the turn so that I can activate ‘Evolution Burst’, destroying one monster on the field. That includes your otherwise invincible ‘Amazoness Queen’.”

‘Cyber Dragon’ fired his Spell-enhanced attack at my monster vaporizing her in a wave of light.

“Now,” Damien declared, gesturing at his monsters, “I tune my Level three ‘Delta Flyer’ with my Level five ‘Cyber Dragon’.”

Not only a Synchro monster, I thought, but a Level eight Synchro monster!

‘Delta Flyer’ became a form of light that erupted into three glowing green rings, forming a tunnel through the air. ‘Cyber Dragon’ became a form of light that passed through that tunnel, becoming five shining points of light. The lights and the rings of the tunnel flashed brightly.

“From my brightest aura of light, whiter than white,” Damien chanted, “a force of ultimate good is born unto this world. Behold in its ever-present radiance, Synchro Summon,” from the light emerged a serpentine white dragon with broad feathered wings and golden adornments, “‘Light End Dragon (ATK: 2600)!”

I stared in awe at the angelic dragon. It had more Attack than any monster in my deck, and if that wasn’t bad enough I didn’t have any idea what it could do!

“Get ready, Kira,” Damien continued, “because I’m not done. I’m going to defeat you this turn. I reveal ‘Call of the Haunted’ to revive a monster discarded earlier for the effect of ‘Graceful Charity’, my ‘Chaos-End Master’!”

An angelic warrior similar in appearance to Damien’s dragon appeared on the field as well.

“‘Chaos-End Master’ destroys your ‘Amazoness Blowpiper’,” Damien commanded.”

“No way,” I countered, three blue-robed priests appearing between Damien’s monsters and mine, chanting a protective spell, “reveal ‘Waboku’.”

“Counter Trap,” Damien countered, “‘Trap Jammer’.”

Oh no!

‘Chaos-End Master’ summoned light into his hands and moved to strike my monster (ATK: 1500).

Time for a desperation play, I thought, “Reveal ‘Amazoness Archers’, lowering the Attack of all of your monsters by five hundred.”

A group of female archers appeared firing multiple arrows from their bows, hitting the angel and the dragon (ATK: 1500 -> 1000/2600-> 2100). It wasn’t much, but it might give me enough left over Life to keep fighting, so it was worth it. ‘Chaos-End Master’ blasted by monster (4400 -> 4200).

“When ‘Chaos-End Master’ destroys a monster,” Damien explained, “I can summon another monster from my deck.”

A card slid from his deck loader and her placed it onto his duel disk, and it emerged, a black metal sphere with golden detailing and a lens in the front, “‘Sphere of Chaos’, appear (ATK: 1600)!

“My ‘Sphere’ and my ‘Dragon’ attack,” Damien commanded, and I understood why he thought he’d be able to beat me this turn, “with Light and Darkness!”

‘Light-End Dragon’ and ‘Sphere of Chaos’ fired a white beam and a black beam respectively side by side. I raised my arms needlessly in a reflexive attempt to defend myself from the holographic attack. My Life Points plummeted (4200 -> 500).

“Congrats, Kira,” said Damien pridefully, “you survived the turn. Now allow me to remove all semblances of hope from your mind. I accounted for the possibility that you would be this resilient, and I was prepared with my next monster. You see, there are two sides to everything, and I’m no exception. Kira, allow me to introduce you to the other side of my soul.”

He gestured at ‘Chaos-End Master’ and ‘Sphere of Chaos’, “Tune, my Level three ‘Chaos-End Master’ and my Level five ‘Sphere of Chaos’!”

No, I thought, one step above denial, no way he has another one.

His Tuner formed the Synchro Gate, and from it blossomed another flash of light like the one before, and I felt a sinister aura wash over me.

‘From my darkest darkness,” Damien recited, “blacker than black, a force of evil arises. Behold the wings of death,” an evil-looking black dragon with an arrow-shaped head emerged from the flashing light, a demonic face with horns on its chest, spikes on its head, needle-like claws, and a final spike on the tip of its tail, “my darkness, ‘Dark-End Dragon’!”

The demon dragon roared, its voice sharp and piercing (ATK: 2600). The two powerful dragons stood side by side, facing me like angry avengers.

“Well,” I said with a sigh, “telling you that I’m impressed would be an understatement. I’m literally shaking over here!”

I looked down at my hand, which was shaking sure enough.

“When you said that you were holding back,” I continued, looking back up at Damien, “you weren’t kidding. But lucky for me, I’ve been holding back too. You called those dragons your secret power. Well Damien, let’s see how your secret power does against my sacred fire!”

I pointed defiantly at my opponent and smiled my trademark smile, forcing my uncertainty to melt away, flowing back to its place in the back of my mind, “Damien Johnson, my counterattack begins now!”[/spoiler]

Next Chapter The Leadership Tournament; Kira's Sacred Fire

Kira combats Damien's Synchro monsters with a powerful monster of her own!

[quote name='Stigma_Horrizone' timestamp='1326633128' post='5765110']
phew, I finally caught up, Damien sorta resembles Christopher, maybe cuz that both uses contrasting attributes...
[/quote]That's what I was going for, but this attribute of Damien will be much more important to the story, as he's a main character.

got the new chapter to work in the first post! it was my fault that it wouldn't, of course.

Also:

[spoiler=Card of the Day, Turn Six]
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100831003325/yugioh/images/thumb/a/a2/AmazonessQueenDREV-EN-SR-1E.jpg/300px-AmazonessQueenDREV-EN-SR-1E.jpg[/img]
This card is one of Kira's most potent and usefull signature cards. Get used to seeing it, a lot ;)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card of the Day, Turn Seven]
[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080516021837/yugioh/images/thumb/e/ed/UnionAttackLODT-EN-SR-1E.png/300px-UnionAttackLODT-EN-SR-1E.png[/img]
As a Duelist who represents unity, their are few spells that are better, especially when her deck relies primarily on combat.[/spoiler]

• 5 months later...

So I know I haven't been here for a while, and I have probably lost many of the readers that I did have, and rightfully so. Real life caught up with me fast, and I had to focus entirely on that for a while. Either way, I should have come back here to let everyone know what was going on, and I apologize for that, but I'm back now, and updates will resume to a point.

First of all, I've decided to put my Epic Battles thread on hold for the time being. The primary purpose of Epic Battles was always to bring together characters from other fics in, well, epic battles against other fic characters as well as canon characters, but doing someone elses character justice takes time, which I just don't have at the moment. I do, however, intend to resume this thread once my life settles further, so any readers I still have can look forward to that.

Second, I've decided that this thread is also put on hold for now, but the reasons are a bit more positive...

Which brings us to my third point of interest, I am reviving Duel Force. I have been talking for a while now about doing one last installment of the Duel Force's story, but I've decided to go beyond that. That's why I'd like to announce a new Duel Force continuity special that crosses over my DA book and my DE book, bringing the old and new characters featured in those stories together against a common threat, and leading into the story of the aformentioned next installment. There may also be another special somewhere down the line, but it's uncertain. I also want to let everyone know that the completely updated Duel Force series is just about complete and should be up in the Duel Force Extended thread within only a few days' time, along with the first of several character art pages that I've been dabbling with for over a year now.

And finally, and most excitingly I think, I've decided to give it a go at turining Duel Force into a web comic. I'm a decent artist, but my illustration skills are a little weak. Still, I think it'll work out well enough, and working on the comic will help me improve. Once I've gotten the details of that worked out I'll post more about it.

So I guess the gist of it is that I'm back, I will try to keep my readers better informed in the future, and I have some fun stuff lined up, so yeah.

• 1 year later...

Quickly updating each of my threads. I plan to either continue them or close them down. This one will be continued, but rewrites to it have led to rewrites of later material intended for my original DF story, still to be posted, which has led to even more rewrites of this story. Nothing posted so far will change, but a lot has changed in later chapters. Also the review by Crabhelmet, which I did not handle as gracefully as I could have at the time (I'd had a crappy week) opened my eyes to some issues with the story structure that really needed to be addressed. Anyway, I hope to do more with this by next summer at the latest, so bump for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Blugh, it's taking so much longer to update these than I'd hoped, but really that's just because my computer is so filled with malware that it won't even start up properly, making typing for any length of time very inconvenient. In keeping with my desire to keep potential readers up to date by updating these threads even if I have no new content to post, I want to say sorry, and that I assure you all that if my computer issues cannot be sorted very soon, I will find another acceptible way to post updates (not that this one was ever going to updated soon...).

Archived