Can you solve my riddle?

Serenity the Candyman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no day when both of the creatures would lie, so at least one of them must have said the truth. They both say the truth only on Sunday. However, the Lion would then be lying, so it couldn’t have been said on Sunday. So one of them lied. If the Unicorn was honest, then it would have to be Sunday, but previously this was proved to be wrong. So only the Lion said the truth...
I think this is it...[img]http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img] This was easier than the previous ones...[img]http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]

There was a girl on this island, and everybody wanted her. However, she wanted just a rich swindlecant. If you were a rich swindlecant, how would you convince her saying only one sentence? And what if she wanted a rich honestant (and if you were one). Let us assume for this logic problem that there are only rich or poor people on the island.

will you marry me??

There was a girl on this island, and everybody wanted her. However, she wanted just a rich swindlecant. If you were a rich swindlecant, how would you convince her saying only one sentence? And what if she wanted a rich honestant (and if you were one). Let us assume for this logic problem that there are only rich or poor people on the island.

will you marry me??

[quote name='Serenity' timestamp='1285262665' post='4648077']
Riddle #12
A teacher thinks of two consecutive numbers between 1 and 10. The first student knows one number and the second student knows the second number. The following exchange takes place:
First: I do not know your number.
Second: Neither do I know your number.
First: Now I know.
What are the 4 solutions of this easy number puzzle?[/quote]

The puzzle states "consecutive numbers between 1 and 10". This means the only options available are 2 through 9, since 1 is not between 1 and 10, and 10 is not between 1 and 10.

The first states he does not know the opposing one's number. This means the first one did not get either 2 or 9, otherwise he'd have figured out the second guy got 3 or 8.

The second states he also does not know the opposing one's number. As he knows the opposing guy doesn't have 2 or 9, by this act he reveals his own number is not 3 or 8.

The first now knows there are 4 numbers taken out of the game, 2, 3, 8 and 9. If he has 4, the second guy logically has 5. If he has 7, the other guy logically has 6.

If the first has 5 or 6, he's pretty much screwed, so I have no idea how he'd guess that.

The answers I assume are:

First has 4. Second has 5.
First has 6. Second has 7.

Archived