How to Role play (Role playing for starters) Lessons 1-3 are up

Fader

I will constantly be saying words in Abbreviations so here is the legend.
[spoiler=Legend]
YCM=Yugioh Card Maker
OOC= Out Of Character(Made for Planning)
IC=In Character(The Role play itself)
App=Application [/spoiler]

Ok so here I will go with lesson 1

[b]Lesson 1:Filling out an App[/b]

Ok so you probably shouldn't make an RP just yet, so You should probably join one that has "Accepting in the title on the OOC section of the Forum. There you will read the plot, the rules, and fill out your app. Remember, I fyou dedicate yourself into the app and work hard, the Host may let you CO-host and possibly share some Role Playing tips.

[b]Lesson 2:Posting in The IC[/b]

Ok so the IC thread was made and it has started, you are about to make your first post, or any post for that matter, always read the previous posts so you do not just come from nowhere and just be "OHITHAR". Also remember to make your post at least 4 lines long, or else you will be short posting, and then the RP might get locked. Another thing is unless given permission is to not Godmod or power play. Godmodding and power playing is controling a character another person controls, as though you controled them, as in you cannot make them speak or act.

Example: Warren clenched his fist, sobbing at the sight of Julius killing his brother; He took a step forward and punched Julius in the face knocking him out cold.

[b]Lesson 3:Hosting an RP[/b]

Alright so you thought up an RP and your ready to make the OOC planning, but you dont know how, do not fear. Just remember you should probaably make a nice, interesting plot, good rules along with punishments, and a good app. An App should include things such as.
-Name
-Personality
-Bio
-Appearence

Now somebody has replied with a filled out app, you read over it, excited, you type accepted and done. DO NOT DO THAT. Read over the App at least maybe 2 times. Once you do that also look at the length and dedication. People with longer apps will probably be more active and have longer posts, we do not want an RP to die.

Thank you, Dont point out anything I forgot because I will be adding things in the future. Now you may Role play your heart out.

Archived