Lord of The Flies

.Starrk

• 4 weeks later...
All I can say is: "Mama Mia! Mama Mia! Mama Mia let me gooo. Beelzebub has a devil set aside for meeee for meee for meeeeeeeeeee!"

I had to do a report on it. Whenever I do a report on a book, I wind up despising it. I'll stick to my Dibert comic compilation thank you.

This book.
Ohh this book.
I never had to read it, I was recommended too, by fellow scholars who dabble in English like I.
Now I'm training to be an English teacher myself... so here's my point of view on this book. I will say this though. I read it without being forced to read it, but on my own time and of my own will...

Disgusting. The author has no skill in writing. His use of diction was bored and lagger, and he had no authority over his characters. He allowed them to do nonsense and illogical crap. This book is less interesting than the flavor text on Normal Monsters.

[quote name='Cōyōté Stárrk' timestamp='1294269633' post='4914254']
Personally, I thought it was great. Although there were some boring parts, I think it was one of the greatest books I have ever read.

Discuss.
[/quote]
Can't you be more specific than that? I presume you started this thread with the expectation of people to make a remark as 'one of the greatest books you've read'... yet you're hardly doing it any justice.

You say you thought it was "great". Okay, so what [i]was[/i] great about it? What did you find [i]boring[/i] about it?
I'd also ask the same from the rest of you. Virtally all of you just say something along the lines of; 'Teacher made me read it. Don't like it... 'nuff said.'

If you really intend to bother talking about something like a book, or a poem, or a movie, etc. even if you didn't like it: [b]explain![/b]
Otherwise, it just barely stands as even a comment on the subject.

• 4 years later...

Archived