Blackwing Support

Organized Chaos

[img]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8127/317458.jpg[/img]
Lore:Each time a Winged-Beast-type monster is Normal Summoned, place 1 Looming Fear Counter on this card. Once per turn you can remove 2 Looming Fear Counters from this card to Special Summon 1 "Blackwing" monster from your graveyard. If you activate this effect you cannot Synchro Summon until the End Phase of your next turn. All Winged Beast-type monsters you control gain 500 ATK during your Battle Phase. If this card would be destroyed, you can remove 1 Looming Fear Counter from it instead.

I know Blackwings have too much support. But they at least desreve a Field Spell. Rate, hate and critizise.

Design/stylistics are too... darkish imo. Sure, Blackwings are DARK, but they aren't the doom/fear/sinister kind of dark like fiends, malefics etc. However, one should not only rate on design, so for the effect: It's okay I think, but its somewhat UP. I'd go for the HHG or Plasma Zone anyway. It supports synchros but hinders from synchro summoning. Also, it ONLY supports synchro, while imo best attacker in blackwing is Bora (with Sirocco and/or Kalut support ofc) For example, if I have Bora, Sirocco and Armor Master, I'd rather attack with Bora. Others might disagree with me, but this is my opinion.
You missed a few capitals: Graveyard and Counter.
OCG: 9/10
Originality: 9/10
Design: 2/5
Balance: 7/10
Playability: 6/10
Overall equals: 7.5/10

[quote name='Skythief' timestamp='1296917838' post='4989509']
Design/stylistics are too... darkish imo. Sure, Blackwings are DARK, but they aren't the doom/fear/sinister kind of dark like fiends, malefics etc. However, one should not only rate on design, so for the effect: It's okay I think, but its somewhat UP. I'd go for the HHG or Plasma Zone anyway. It supports synchros but hinders from synchro summoning. Also, it ONLY supports synchro, while imo best attacker in blackwing is Bora (with Sirocco and/or Kalut support ofc) For example, if I have Bora, Sirocco and Armor Master, I'd rather attack with Bora. Others might disagree with me, but this is my opinion.
You missed a few capitals: Graveyard and Counter.
OCG: 9/10
Originality: 9/10
Design: 2/5
Balance: 7/10
Playability: 6/10
Overall equals: 7.5/10
[/quote]

You forgot to mention Shura. :/

[quote name='Archelaus' timestamp='1296918046' post='4989524']
You forgot to mention Shura. :/
[/quote]
Yes indeed, I forgot Shura :P Shura+Kalut setup is ofcourse very dangerous. But what Shura does is more swarming. From my experience, the main damage always comes from Bora.

[quote name='Skythief' timestamp='1296918712' post='4989544']
Yes indeed, I forgot Shura :P Shura+Kalut setup is ofcourse very dangerous. But what Shura does is more swarming. From my experience, the main damage always comes from Bora.
[/quote]
Can we please keep the subject on the card please ? I dont mind you guys talking but this is a card forum not a chit-chat forum.

I don't see myself as much of a blackwing user, but the card seems balanced, every with the already large amount of swarming available in Blackwings.
I love how it stops synchro summons, but not Specialas Shura and Blizzard, along with others, have effects which are still useable, even if not completely (ie. Blizzard no longer tuning).
I could however see this as being nice in my Dragonwings build (Dragunity / Blackwings (which I am sure you know)) dragunity already amply use the grave and Shura and Corseca allow wonderful access to the deck but this gives an additional grab into the grave

Personally: 8 out of 10

[quote name='Boss Z' timestamp='1296919589' post='4989573']
I don't see myself as much of a blackwing user, but the card seems balanced, every with the already large amount of swarming available in Blackwings.
I love how it stops synchro summons, but not Specialas Shura and Blizzard, along with others, have effects which are still useable, even if not completely (ie. Blizzard no longer tuning).
I could however see this as being nice in my Dragonwings build (Dragunity / Blackwings (which I am sure you know)) dragunity already amply use the grave and Shura and Corseca allow wonderful access to the deck but this gives an additional grab into the grave

Personally: 8 out of 10
[/quote]
Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...
You know Blackwings never ran Hunting Ground right?
Anyway, Blackwings don't Normal Summon enough to make advantage of this. Make it 2 counters removed or remove the Synchro Clause. Apart from that, good card.

[quote name='iHop' timestamp='1299094596' post='5046161']
You know Blackwings never ran Hunting Ground right?
Anyway, Blackwings don't Normal Summon enough to make advantage of this. Make it 2 counters removed or remove the Synchro Clause. Apart from that, good card.
[/quote]
1. I know, I was being sarcastic. 2. This card's effect is fine as it can combo with Black Whirlwind 3. Thank you for rating my card

This is probably like the ultimate Blackwing Support that I've seen on YCM, looks powerful but seems balanced at the same time, now if Konami made a real card similar to this, Blackwing users would have a field day at their local card shop opening infinitesimal amounts of YGO booster packs and booster boxes! LOL! I would roll on the ground laughing if that ever happens! Anyways, good card, the concept and design of this card is well thought of and creative! 10/10

[quote name='AsterikcAde' timestamp='1299102687' post='5046526']
This is probably like the ultimate Blackwing Support that I've seen on YCM, looks powerful but seems balanced at the same time, now if Konami made a real card similar to this, Blackwing users would have a field day at their local card shop opening infinitesimal amounts of YGO booster packs and booster boxes! LOL! I would roll on the ground laughing if that ever happens! Anyways, good card, the concept and design of this card is well thought of and creative! 10/10
[/quote]
Wow, thank you for such a great review. I really appreciate it :)

[quote name='AsterikcAde' timestamp='1299102687' post='5046526']
[/quote]

'-'

The card's all right. The payment is quickly gathered 0and the card is likely to be used several times before it can be destroyed (Solemn Warning/Judgment would only work on activation). The one-sided battle effect is highly appropriate for Blackwings and would give Sirocco just enough ATK to kill Stardust. This card combos extremely well with Dark Eruption (Synchro Armor Master with Shura/Gale, wait until it dies, then pick Gale up and Summon Armor Master again). On the cosmetic side, I think the card should use "Dusk Counters"--all the essence of "Looming Fear Counters", but subtler, with less malice implied.

Slap on another Counter for cost and call it a day, I say.

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1299197205' post='5049212']
'-'

The card's all right. The payment is quickly gathered 0and the card is likely to be used several times before it can be destroyed (Solemn Warning/Judgment would only work on activation). The one-sided battle effect is highly appropriate for Blackwings and would give Sirocco just enough ATK to kill Stardust. This card combos extremely well with Dark Eruption (Synchro Armor Master with Shura/Gale, wait until it dies, then pick Gale up and Summon Armor Master again). On the cosmetic side, I think the card should use "Dusk Counters"--all the essence of "Looming Fear Counters", but subtler, with less malice implied.

Slap on another Counter for cost and call it a day, I say.
[/quote]
Why another counter ? That would make it too slow in my opinion. I personally don't care about what the counters are called but a good suggestion. Thank you for your time

Archived