Where to find some good pics.

Search for specific galleries. Stay away from Devianttart and Sheezyart. Those are artsites where people actually make effort in making pictures themselves. Also are they copyright and cannot be used by others without their permission.

It does not matter whether it is for another forum, RPG or commercial purpose. It is violation of copyright.

Does anyone know where to find some good pics' date=' because all this time ive just been using google.

[/quote']

It depends on what you are looking for. DO NOT use artist website's like Deviantart or the like because using pictures from there is a violation of Deviantart policies and also a violation of copyright to the artist itself. If what you are looking for is from a show, anime, or game, I would suggest looking for galleries that have screencaps or artbook scans, or possibly scan something of your own, or draw something your own, to use for your cards. If you don't have any other choice, you should ask the artist's permission before taking anything, or you could get in trouble. I think there should be a sticky made somewhere on this forum that has sites where you can find pictures for cards.

Contrary to what Pikkeru and Renania are trying to say, I wouldn't worry all that much about using Deviant Art, as I can assure you that almost every member that has created a card has used at least more than 1 image from Deviant Art. I myself have found most of my images from Deviant Art. Although I obviously don't do i for the sake of ticking people off, it's just that Deviantart is the BEST place (I've found) to find the pictures that suit your card.

Am I going to hell for that...

... YES!!!!!

.... ah, crap...

Never mind then...

Contrary to what Pikkeru and Renania are trying to say' date=' I wouldn't worry all that much about using Deviant Art, as I can assure you that almost every member that has created a card has used at least more than 1 image from Deviant Art. I myself have found most of my images from Deviant Art. Although I obviously don't do i for the sake of ticking people off, it's just that Deviantart is the BEST place (I've found) to find the pictures that suit your card.

Am I going to hell for that...

... YES!!!!!

.... ah, crap...

Never mind then...

No, but just because everyone else does it, doesn't mean it should keep happening as such. Most artists don't like their works reproduced in any way, even for something such as a YGO card. Deviantart is not a place made for people to take images whenever they feel like it, I don't understand why people can't understand that. Most images will always say "DO NOT USE OR REPRODUCE WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSSION." regardless of what it is being used for. I wish some people around here would respect that, even if this card maker is harmless and people aren't claiming the images as their own.

No' date=' but just because everyone else does it, doesn't mean it should keep happening as such. Most artists don't like their works reproduced in any way, even for something such as a YGO card. Deviantart is not a place made for people to take images whenever they feel like it, I don't understand why people can't understand that. Most images will always say "DO NOT USE OR REPRODUCE WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSSION." regardless of what it is being used for. I wish some people around here would respect that, even if this card maker is harmless and people aren't claiming the images as their own.

[/quote']

Really, I've rarely seen that on the images I use (and I don't use images I see with that on it) and didn't we already go over the Deviant Art issue in another thread, I guess some people don't know when to give up.

No' date=' but just because everyone else does it, doesn't mean it should keep happening as such. Most artists don't like their works reproduced in any way, even for something such as a YGO card. Deviantart is not a place made for people to take images whenever they feel like it, I don't understand why people can't understand that. Most images will always say "DO NOT USE OR REPRODUCE WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSSION." regardless of what it is being used for. I wish some people around here would respect that, even if this card maker is harmless and people aren't claiming the images as their own.

[/quote']

Really, I've rarely seen that on the images I use (and I don't use images I see with that on it) and didn't we already go over the Deviant Art issue in another thread, I guess some people don't know when to give up.

Even if it isn't apparent on some images, it's still pretty much known, it's still against the artist's copyright to use it, regardless if someone puts that quote on there or not. It's still against copyright to use the images without express consent. Look I understand this is a place that is for fun, really, I play YGO myself, and I love making cards, but seriously, many users here are promoting to children on the site as well as others that taking art and using it without asking is just okay! Artists do not put images up for others to just say, "Hey I can take this!" And no I'm not giving up, it was rather rude for someone to up and lock that thread just because they thought what I was doing is pointless spam, it's not. I, as an artist, refuse to have my work, as well as my friends and fellow artist's work, treated with such disrespect.

I wish some people around here would respect that' date=' even if this card maker is harmless and people aren't claiming the images as their own.[/quote']

YOUR WISH HAS BEEN DENIED!!!

You heard the dragon. (getting tired of the quote gag?)

Either way, it's not going to happen. DA is the source for the overwhelming majority of card images on this forum

EDIT: I understand your point. Just so you know.

I wish some people around here would respect that' date=' even if this card maker is harmless and people aren't claiming the images as their own.[/quote']

YOUR WISH HAS BEEN DENIED!!!

You heard the dragon. (getting tired of the quote gag?)

Either way' date=' it's not going to happen. DA is the source for the overwhelming majority of card images on this forum

EDIT: I understand your point. Just so you know.

[/quote']

Which is all the more reason to put a rule on this forum about it NOW. I'm not saying take down the damage that's already been done. I've already spread the word about it on my DA, and I'm not the only artist that thinks this.

This just shows how disrespectful some of you are. Fine you wanna steal art, go ahead, what a perfect example you are to all the kids on this site.

I've already PMed the Admin expressing an interest in getting some kind of rule set here. I'm not saying take down what damage has already been done, but I think credit should be where it is due, and people should learn to ask permission. The fact of the matter is, what you guys are doing is copyright infringement, no matter what it is used for. Just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't make it right.

I catch anyone stealing my work or my friend's work for your cards, I will see to it they are editted or taken down. This is why artists watermark the sh*t out of their work, because people like you ruin it for everyone.

Not taking credit for the images you say? Okay, but each card in the corner says © So and So and that could be considered taking credit for something that isn't yours. Essentially it's the way the card works right, but you are also unknowingly taking credit for the art as well, and that is stealing.

I think it's apparent this thread will get locked regardless of what I say (unless someone wants to start treating this professionally), I hope some of you see this and understand that people aren't happy that their work gets stolen (no matter what it is used for), and this kind of "because its on the internet I can take it" attitude is wrong.

Pikkeru, i can understand fully what your saying

but the matter of the fact remains, in one simple sentence

Do you want this forum to die?

The admin i believe already knows the answer, he does not want this forum to die, and nor do we, thus

if we stop using images from DA, it dies, end of forums, and you have destroyed something that has truely changed the face of Yu-Gi-Oh for the better.

If we continue to use DA images, the forum lives, we can keep on creating our card dreams, and Yu-Gi-Oh lives on.

Thats the basic fact of the matter.

Either we dont use images and have no forums, or we use images and have forums.

And i think i know which option the thousands of members on here would choose, and i think you know that to.

You Pikkeru, have got your point across all the time, but no-matter what you say we will still take no notice, we love these forums, and we shall not let them die!

Pikkeru' date=' i can understand fully what your saying

but the matter of the fact remains, in one simple sentence

Do you want this forum to die?

The admin i believe already knows the answer, he does not want this forum to die, and nor do we, thus

if we stop using images from DA, it dies, end of forums, and you have destroyed something that has truely changed the face of Yu-Gi-Oh for the better.

If we continue to use DA images, the forum lives, we can keep on creating our card dreams, and Yu-Gi-Oh lives on.

Thats the basic fact of the matter.

Either we dont use images and have no forums, or we use images and have forums.

And i think i know which option the thousands of members on here would choose, and i think you know that to.

You Pikkeru, have got your point across all the time, but no-matter what you say we will still take no notice, we love these forums, and we shall not let them die!

[/quote']

Why would I want the forums to die? That's not my intention, I like YGO as much as the rest of you, I'm just saying there are other ways to have images for the cards. Besides, just because you can't use DA doesn't mean this forum will die at all, simple as that. And I certainly wasn't saying the use of DA should be banned, I was saying that credit should be cited, and/or permission asked. There are alot of kids on this site I'm sure, and already this is a great problem on DA as well as other places where art is being editted, stolen, and misused without permission, and even if this one small site helps promote awareness that art is not something you can take "just because it's on the internet" then I feel like we're getting somewhere, and everyone's happy.

I think a good step forward towards this is to have a stickied thread on the forum somewhere where people can post galleries that have images that are free to use, or galleries that have scans from anime/games and so on. You could also have a request thread where people who are nice enough and have photoshop can resize images for you, and you can request pictures that other people can find to use for the cards.

There are better, professional ways of making this a GREAT YGO Card Maker site, without making anyone upset, infringing upon copyright, and doing things correctly and respectfully. :)

Part of Yu-Gi-Oh card creating tho, is the personal uniqueness

'I think a good step forward towards this is to have a stickied thread on the forum somewhere where people can post galleries that have images that are free to use'

If that exists ^^^ everyone will have the same images, everyone will produce cards with the same image, UNIQUENESS IS DEAD ^_^

I for one dont want ppl making Dj Cards with the pictures i used, i would be downright outraged, and if they ended up in this shared galley, thats just what would happen.

'Besides, just because you can't use DA doesn't mean this forum will die at all'

Your wrong, i for one, would not even be here if it wasnt for DA. All the images i used to create my Goth, Dj, and raver cards, came from DA. The only site with suitable piks, was DA.

Without DA none would be made, without DA i would be nothing, the same goes for many card makers on this site.

Without DA, the spirit of card making dies, thus, the forum dies with it.

It most likly doesnt sound normal to you, but you dont create cards, you dont make them like we do.

Our card creations, come to life, because of DA.

DA is the second most important site to me for card creating, and it is for many other makers as well.

Part of Yu-Gi-Oh card creating tho' date=' is the personal uniqueness

'I think a good step forward towards this is to have a stickied thread on the forum somewhere where people can post galleries that have images that are free to use'

If that exists ^^^ everyone will have the same images, everyone will produce cards with the same image, UNIQUENESS IS DEAD ^_^

I for one dont want ppl making Dj Cards with the pictures i used, i would be downright outraged, and if they ended up in this shared galley, thats just what would happen.

'Besides, just because you can't use DA doesn't mean this forum will die at all'

Your wrong, i for one, would not even be here if it wasnt for DA. All the images i used to create my Goth, Dj, and raver cards, came from DA. The only site with suitable piks, was DA.

Without DA none would be made, without DA i would be nothing, the same goes for many card makers on this site.

Without DA, the spirit of card making dies, thus, the forum dies with it.

It most likly doesnt sound normal to you, but you dont create cards, you dont make them like we do.

Our card creations, come to life, because of DA.

DA is the second most important site to me for card creating, and it is for many other makers as well.

[/quote']

No not everyone will have to use the same images, like I said, a stickied thread with galleries, that means more than 1. Just places that are generally good to get images from. While you may think that DA is better than most places, its just "convenient" because it saves people from spending hours looking for one pic on a place like Photobucket or Google. =/

Okay so you would not come here if not for DA. Doesn't mean everyone is like you, do you cite credit to the original artists for the artwork you use on your cards? Did you ask the artist?

I have indeed created cards, I have yet to show them here because really, I didn't want to, I'm very new to YGO and the cards I have made have my friends photos and my own artwork on them, for personal use for my friends and I to play with. But I am an artist, and that is why I am here, to help figure out a solution to this. I can understand that you guys have infinite amounts of fun making these, so if you don't want to get rid of DA, all I am asking is that there be a rule set that you must cite where you got the image from. I'm not saying the site should be shut down, I'm not saying you can't use DA, but seriously people, have a heart. We work ten times harder making the artwork that goes onto your cards, than you do making it into a YGO card. Most images may have been commissioned by someone or may have taken weeks to complete. There should be a rule about creditting the artist, at least.

So you expect me to credit the artists for 50 images i have used on my 50 card thread?

how am i going to keep track of all 50, and write them all up

would it not take space up in my thread

if i combined images it would be double, tripple + the credits

And if i credit the artists, would others not search that artists, and find the images i used, that i wanted to use on my cards only... again, uniqueness goes in a flash.

And if ppl do not want images to be used, why do they post them on the internet?

Its obvious that ppl are gonna use them for various things, only someone who is as thick as a plank of wood wouldnt know that.

I really do understand all your points completely, and i do feel sorry that you feel this way, but it wont ever change, not on this forum i mean, but in the world.

If you do manage to make us credit artists, there are masses, and masses of other forums, other sites, other ppl, that will use these images for other things as well.

So

Why are you not telling them this, go tell the thousands of sites, millions of ppl to stop using images without crediting artists, why bother us with it, its only causing aggro.

Nothing you say will truely stop the problem which happens all over the web and all over the world, 1 site, does not make a difference

The artists are still going to be unhappy from all these other sites and ppl, so just getting us to credit artists Will Not Change A Thing .

You must understand that, its common knowledge, common sense even.

So why bother us, why bother bringing a worldwide issue

To a peaceful Yu-Gi-Oh forum, that makes ppl happy.

and for another thing

were giving credit by cutting there signature of the pic and adding them to our cards... its like Polymerization? what me to explain it in Card Game Langauage for you?

ZOMG! I play my fully sick Card Maker into attack mode

ATK: 849327653069549

DEF: -125740

now it owns... but it owns more if i play polymerization to fuse it with DeviantArt picture... to form

CARD MAKER WITH AWESOME PICTURE

ATK: 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

DEF: *insert random number here*

now it pwed uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

so were giving them credit by adding them to our cards

NUFF SAID

Archived