"Find My Content" problem.

Ovedrive

Question

So...when I go to my profile, I usually click "Find My Content" button to see the topics I posted in. Today, when I signed in, I clicked "Find My Content" and the message appeared:
[i]There is no information to show.[/i]

I clicked the "Update" button, but nothing. I went to forum home, then again went to my content, but the message appeared again. I signed out and signed back, but, the message keeps appearing.

I also tried to see the content of some other members, but again, the message appears.

I didn't change any settings or something like that...

Why I can't see "My Content" ?

• Answers 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='♪♫Crystal Star♫♪' timestamp='1298008250' post='5015935']
We better get this fixed soon, or I might consider leaving YCM until it's fixed.
[/quote]
[quote name='Blackwing-San' timestamp='1298047556' post='5016419']
low members like you don't realise how important the"my content" is to us who post more offten.
[/quote]

While I would never say this wasn't annoying, is it really THAT big a problem? Even if you can't get to them via my content just go to the sections the threads you post in are in. For example I am active in Video Games, TCG, and Anime so I've just been going to those sections to check if any of the threads I've posted in have anything new. If they do I'll look at it, if not I check the new threads.

Yea, it's a pain, but it's not THAT big a deal. Hell, you can just follow threads you really care about and just check in the little box every once and a while to see if anything new has come up.

Nothing. Only YCMaker has the orthority to alter the coding of this site. It is highly likely a bug of some description has corrupted our Content, forcing YCMaker to remove it whilst he works on the issue. That does not make me any more annoyed, however. I have very high needs for My Content. It saves my life sometimes.

[quote name='Blackwing-San' timestamp='1298097172' post='5018080']
hey set me up!
[/quote]
You can change your skin in the left bar on the bottom of the page. It says either "Overlay Bluebarry", "IP .Board Mobile" or "Velvet Blue".

[quote name='Blackwing-San' timestamp='1298097172' post='5018080']
heh heh heh. there is no hate from me but I think you misunderstood.
the reason why us higher members need it and heck, dare I say reliy on it. is bc we post in way more threads then you lower members.
[/quote]
"Higher" members? Please, don't make the difference between members. All members are same. He's a member just like you. Posting more then somebody doesn't make you "high" member.

You guys will quit YCM 'cause "My Content" is not working?

:lol:

Chill. It will be fixed. Until then, use "Velvet Blue" skin or "Jump to" bar.

[b]Please read the following carefully.[/b]

There are two factors that display what specifically gets displayed in "View My Content".

The first is the period of time threads are viewable and able to be found in standard searches, including the My Content search.

The second is the period of time it takes for said cache to be updated.

Unless the files have been changed, once a valid login is given for an administrator the setting should be available [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/admin/index.php?app=core&module=tools&section=settings&do=setting_view&conf_group=13"]here.[/url] That setting is called "Limit "Posts/Topics by this user" results to X days", and is configured as you would think it would be.

The cache updating period is probably available somewhere in the [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/admin/index.php?app=core&module=system&section=taskmanager&do=overview"]System Scheduler[/url], but I can't be certain as I haven't used it and cache settings are almost everywhere... good luck!

Hopefully now that I've listed these things the admins will be able to take care of it in a jiffy. :)

Archived