[OOC] Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Diaries [ Started / Accepting]

Tokyo Duel

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ragglefraggle...

I have two questions, though with neither am I expecting anything to happen:

1) Why couldn't we make non-effect or non-DARK Earthbound Immortals? (Though we seem to be allowed to have non-Fiends)

It's been a thousand years since they previously lost. Surely, a legion of Gods would have the smallest iota of intelligence and know-how to adapt and change. The basic root of their downfall was that it was pretty much impossible to get them on the field quickly, especially when compared to Synchro monsters. I understand why they should have the same effect, that's like their signature, but shouldn't they have at least been able to expand outside of the generic red-orange and into the white? It would've at least given them a more level battlefield. It also would've allowed them to be varied and therefore more difficult to predict between each Dark Signer. I can understand not allowing me to have an Exceed Monster as that would mean you'd have to create or search for anti-Exceed cards which aren't exactly widespread yet. Now that I think about it, wouldn't Earthbound Immortals be better suited as Ritual Monsters considering their origin? Konami totally missed that opportunity.

2) Why are the Signer monsters still dragons, and Synchro ones at that?

Was there ever actually an explanation for this? Seriously. Why couldn't a Signer have a Signer Sea Serpent? Or a Signer Psychic? Or a Signer Fusion Beast-Warrior?

My basis for both of these questions is that you're limiting our characters to rules that, in universe, are a thousand years old. Familiarity breeds certain expectations and certain expectations can be defended against.

@ Ace: I totally agree. In fact, my character, Rei, who doesn't use a Duel Runner but instead utilizes a miniaturized mech called a "Duel Arms" and a much larger vehicle called a "Duel Frame", was going to comment about that fact.
I figure that, in the thousand-year timespan, human society fell, no thanks to the Machine Emperors, and regressed to a primitive state. Eventually, they got back up and rebuilt society. However, mankind is now back at the technological crossroads regarding Synchro Monsters and Ener-D that it was at a millennium ago, and the rebirth of the Dark Signers is a sign that the world might be in peril once again.

[quote name='TheFinalFan' timestamp='1298258203' post='5022214']
@ Ace: I totally agree. In fact, my character, Rei, who doesn't use a Duel Runner but instead utilizes a miniaturized mech called a "Duel Arms" and a much larger vehicle called a "Duel Frame", was going to comment about that fact.
I figure that, in the thousand-year timespan, human society fell, no thanks to the Machine Emperors, and regressed to a primitive state. Eventually, they got back up and rebuilt society. However, mankind is now back at the technological crossroads regarding Synchro Monsters and Ener-D that it was at a millennium ago, and the rebirth of the Dark Signers is a sign that the world might be in peril once again.
[/quote]

I'd totally accept that, if what we were was simply technological. The EIs are Gods. They were clearly there more than a thousand years ago. Unless they also have some kind of amnesia or terrible lack of storytelling between them, there's no reason as to why they wouldn't have changed a little or as to why they wouldn't know what an Exceed monster is.

The Signers are the same thing. Not one place does it explicitly state that the Signers need dragons. It's just that assumption people have made due to how they are. It's not like it's written in (metaphorical) stone. On some kind of giant rock.

Also, the rebirth of the Dark Signers shows no such sign of peril. Unless they've brought guns with them or something, they're still bound by the mighty rules of the card games as well as the limits of no evolution and history.

[quote name='TheFinalFan' timestamp='1298261666' post='5022371']
=_='
You didn't read my character, did you?
[/quote]

Eh? You mean IC? About me saying Rei giving out gold bars even though she was making them materialise? It's the logical thing to think. Or do you mean the bit about me ignoring the "She hoped they would continue playing and not create a scene" thing? That's illogical. You see someone giving out gold bars, you're going to want to ask them questions.
If it's not either of them, my brain will hurt.

Name: Kuzon Ayasaki
Appereance: [img]http://th05.deviantart.com/fs45/300W/f/2009/087/b/0/it__s_a_dark_signer__by_qu_ko.png[/img]
Personality: Silly, loves to play with his opponents' minds, but still fierce. Often called the most childish of the Dark Signers, he is able to laugh at pretty much anything and everything. He loves to psyche out his opponents.
Mark: Dark Mark (Dog)
Affiliation: Dark Signers
Deck Name: Beware of the Dogs!
Deck Type: Beast/Beast-Warrior-type
Ace Card: [img]http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1046/145761.jpg[/img]

Archived