Seriously Underrated: Great Maju Garzett

[center][img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101023165250/yugioh/images/f/ff/GreatMajuGarzettDR1-EN-C-UE.jpg[/img][/center]

This card is seriously underrated. The ATK of GMG is double the ATK of the monster used for tribute. If you tribute a 4 star monster w/ 1800 ATK, he has 3600 ATK! That's really good for 6 stars!

One time I sacrificed my Raviel for him. 8000 ATK!

Does anyone agree?

It's a decent card, but it's not that competitive. For starters, it must be Tribute Summoned to get its effect, and unlike Monarchs, it gets no immediate advantage. Also, its ATK can be reset by removing it from the field, either temporarily or permanently, or just flipping it facedown. If you Special Summon it, its ATK is 0, and its ATK relies on what you Tributed for it, and even with so many Tribute fodder cards, most have low ATK like Treeborn Frog.

I think this card is better if you can use "Ultimate Offering" to your advantage. For example, Tributing 2 monsters on the field to summon a Level 7 or higher Monster such as "Blue Eyes White Dragon," then using Ultimate Offering in the same turn at the cost of a mere 500 LP to summon a Monster (Great Maju Garzett) with 6000 ATK in one turn. I'd say that's pretty good. Oh, or how about Tributing 3 Monsters to summon the 4000 ATK God Card "Obelisk the Tormentor" (Is that even possible?) and then Tributing him by paying only 500 LP for Great Maju Garzett? Also, even if you tribute a Monster with, say, 2000 ATK, you could still use "Megamorph" to boost it up to 4000 ATK. Anyway you look at it, you can really fluster you opponent if you can get such a powerful Monster on the field in one turn. All this is assuming you have--or have enough LP to get--2 or 3 Monsters already on the field and your opponent doesn't have anything that can block Ultimate Offering or reset Great Maju Garzett's ATK to 0 as mentioned above...

[quote name='Masochistic Joker' timestamp='1299807031' post='5065609']
Make sumbarineoid cracked out with equips then destroy them then proceed to tribute.
[/quote]

So you have a Direct Attacker supercharged with Equips but incapable of inflicting more than 800 damage using its direct attack effect, then Tribute it for a 1600 Great Maju?

-Submarineroid's original ATK does not change.
-Great Maju looks at original ATK.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1299808102' post='5065653']
But Great Maju's Original ATK is 0. Megamorph won't help at all.
[/quote]

Oh, I didn't know Megamorph works with [b]original[/b] ATK. Anyway, you could still probably add a few Equip Spell Cards like "Axe of Despair" or "Malevolent Nuzzler" and still give Great Maju Garzett quite a lot of ATK.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1299807887' post='5065643']
So you have a Direct Attacker supercharged with Equips but incapable of inflicting more than 800 damage using its direct attack effect, then Tribute it for a 1600 Great Maju?

-Submarineroid's original ATK does not change.
-Great Maju looks at original ATK.
[/quote]
[quote]This card can attack your opponent directly. [b]If it does, any Battle Damage this card inflicts to your opponent becomes the original ATK of this card[/b]. You may switch this card to Defense Position at the end of the Damage Step.[/quote]
Your logic fails

Megamorph says right on the card, "double the original ATK" (if your LP is lower) and "halve the original ATK" (if your LP is higher)

What Submarineroid's effect is if it attacks directly with its effect, the Battle Damage becomes equal to the original ATK of Submarineroid. The original ATK of Submarineroid is 800. Submarineroid will only inflict 800 points of damage.

I thought the same thing as you originally, that Submarineroid's original ATK is modified by the amount of Battle Damage you inflict with it. This is not the case.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Submarineroid

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1299809373' post='5065716']
Megamorph says right on the card, "double the original ATK" (if your LP is lower) and "halve the original ATK" (if your LP is higher)

What Submarineroid's effect is if it attacks directly with its effect, the Battle Damage becomes equal to the original ATK of Submarineroid. The original ATK of Submarineroid is 800. Submarineroid will only inflict 800 points of damage.

I thought the same thing as you originally, that Submarineroid's original ATK is modified by the amount of Battle Damage you inflict with it. This is not the case.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Submarineroid
[/quote]
Rulings have changed over the years apparently.

[quote name='blind_angel16' timestamp='1299807807' post='5065638']
I think this card is better if you can use "Ultimate Offering" to your advantage. For example, Tributing 2 monsters on the field to summon a Level 7 or higher Monster such as "Blue Eyes White Dragon," then using Ultimate Offering in the same turn at the cost of a mere 500 LP to summon a Monster (Great Maju Garzett) with 6000 ATK in one turn. I'd say that's pretty good. Oh, or how about Tributing 3 Monsters to summon the 4000 ATK God Card "Obelisk the Tormentor" (Is that even possible?) and then Tributing him by paying only 500 LP for Great Maju Garzett? Also, even if you tribute a Monster with, say, 2000 ATK, you could still use "Megamorph" to boost it up to 4000 ATK. Anyway you look at it, you can really fluster you opponent if you can get such a powerful Monster on the field in one turn. All this is assuming you have--or have enough LP to get--2 or 3 Monsters already on the field and your opponent doesn't have anything that can block Ultimate Offering or reset Great Maju Garzett's ATK to 0 as mentioned above...
[/quote]
lolno

Archived