Plz Comment on these! "Beaul Scead" Set

Cody Frost

Okay, a serious archtype - Plz Comment on these Cards :)
[spoiler=Inspiration for this theme]
This theme is based on Lightsworn monsters, but with a twist. Cards are not send to the Grave during the End Phase, rather when the card is Summoned, and its not just your cards that get milled, but your opponent’s as well. With the over milling effect done to both decks, the duel will run much faster than normal and a big deck (about 50-60 cards) is good for this deck to prevent milling out too quickly as this deck is a lot more faster than Lightsworns.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=About “Beaul Scead” and these cards]
History of “Beaul” and “Scead”. Beaul is a word used in Old English or Classical English meaning Evil, harmful, destructive, etc. and Scead means shadow. I slightly twisted the terms (possibly incorrectly) to make them mean “Evil Dark” loosely. Yes, I know that the DARK attribute has been overused, but I felt that these cards had a more meaningful section within the meanings of Darkness. These cards are evil…Muahhahahhahahhahah.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Play Style]
Just take advantage of the major Summons this deck does. If done right and if nothing is countered, this deck can mill out at least 5 cards per turn, at LEAST! With Beaul Scead Dragon now, the deck should run more safer...uhh Deck Wise.

Weakness: Killed against D. Fissure and Grave removal.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Monster]
-1.) Beaul Scead Dragon
LV8 DARK Dragon/Effect
ATK/DEF: 3000/2600
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned while having 4 or more “Beaul Scead” monsters with different names in your Graveyard. When this card is Summoned, send the top 4 cards from both players Decks to the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can pay 1000 life points to add the 4 bottom cards in your Graveyard to the bottom of your Deck.

-2.) Ernest, Beaul Scead Paladin
LV4 DARK Warrior/Effect
ATK/DEF: 1800/1200
When this card is Summoned, send the top 2 cards from both player’s Decks to the Graveyard. When this card attacks, send the top card from your Deck to the Graveyard to increase this card’s ATK by 300 points during the Damage Step only. If this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle, sent the top card from your opponent’s Deck to the Graveyard.

-3.) Questil, Beaul Scead Druid
LV4 DARK Beast-Warrior/Effect
ATK/DEF: 1200/1800
When this card is Summoned, send the top 2 cards from both player’s Decks to the Graveyard. “Beaul Scead” monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent’s card effects. Send the top card from both players Decks to the Graveyard each time a Spell or Trap Card is activated.

-4.) Diana, Beaul Scead Angel
LV5 DARK Fairy/Effect
ATK/DEF: 2300/200
When this card is Summoned, send the top 3 cards from both player’s Decks to the Graveyard. If this card is Summoned using a “Beaul Scead” monster, you can send the top 2 cards from both player’s Decks to the Graveyard to add 1 “Beaul Scead” card from your Graveyard to your hand.

-5.) Julie, Beaul Scead Monk
LV4 DARK Warrior/Effect
ATK/DEF: 1600/1000
When this card is Summoned, send the top 2 cards from both player’s Decks to the Graveyard. When this card attacks, send the top card from your Deck to the Graveyard. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, send the top card from your opponent’s Deck to the Graveyard and return that monster to the top of your opponent’s Deck.

-6.) Vangoth, Beaul Scead Warrior
LV4 DARK Warrior/Effect
ATK/DEF: 1850/1300
Before each of your Draw Phases, send the top cards from both player’s Decks to the Graveyard. If you send a “Beaul Scead” monster from your Deck to the Graveyard by this card’s effect, draw 1 card.

-7.) Hurklain, Beaul Scead Dragon
LV6 DARK Dragon/Effect
ATK/DEF: 2000/1600
When this card is Summoned, send the top 4 cards from both player’s Decks to the Graveyard. This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each “Beaul Scead” monster in your Graveyard with a different name. When this card attacks, send the top 2 cards from your Deck to the Graveyard. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster whose DEF is less than the ATK of this card, send the top 2 cards from your opponent’s Deck to the Graveyard and gain the difference as life points.

-8.) Murk, Beaul Scead Mender
LV4 DARK Spellcaster/Effect
ATK/DEF: 300/2100
When this card is Summoned, send the top 2 cards from both player’s Deck to the Graveyard. If a card(s) was sent from your Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of a “Beaul Scead” card this turn, place 1 Beaul Scead Counter on all face-up non-”Beaul Scead” monsters on the field. Monsters with Beaul Scead Counters lose 200 ATK and DEF for each Beaul Scead Counter on them.

-9.) Escurida, Beaul Scead Summoner
LV3 DARK Spellcaster/Effect
ATK/DEF: 1000/1000
When this card is Summoned, send the top 2 cards from both player’s Decks to the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower “Beaul Scead” monster from your Graveyard except “Escurida, Beaul Scead Summoner”.

-10.) Ralent, Beaul Scead Sorcerer
LV4 DARK Spellcaster/Effect
ATK/DEF: 1700/200
When this card is Summoned, send the top 3 cards from both player’s Decks to the Graveyard. You can change this card from face-up Attack Position to face-up Defense Position and add 1 “Beaul Scead” card from your Graveyard to your hand. If you activate this effect, this card’s battle position cannot be changed until the end of your next turn, except with a card effect. If this card attacks, send the top card from your deck to your Graveyard. If this card is attacked, send the top card from your opponent’s Deck to the Graveyard.

-11.) Kunia, Beaul Scead Feline
LV2 DARK Beast/Effect
ATK/DEF: 100/100
Flip: Add 1 “Beaul Scead” monster from your Graveyard to your hand and send the top card from your Deck to the Graveyard.

-12.) Kuyo, Beaul Scead Savage
LV2 DARK Beast/Effect
ATK/DEF: 200/100
Flip: Send the top 3 cards from both player’s Decks to the Graveyard. Both players draw 1 card.

-13.) Canis, Beaul Scead Werewolf
LV4 DARK Beast-Warrior/Effect
ATK/DEF: 2100/300
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. When this card is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard, Special Summon it. When this card attacks, send the top card from your Deck to the Graveyard. When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle, send the top card from your opponent’s Deck to the Graveyard.

-14.) Taila, Beaul Scead Soul
LV3 DARK Fiend/Effect
ATK/DEF: 400/1400
When this card is Summoned, send the top 3 cards from both player’s Deck to the Graveyard. This card gains 300 ATK for each “Beaul Scead” monster in your Graveyard with a different name. When this card attacks, send the top 2 cards from your Deck to the Graveyard. If this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle, send the top 2 cards from your opponent’s Deck to the Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells and Traps]
-15.) Empire in the Dark
Field Spell
If this card is sent from the Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of a “Beaul Scead” card, add 1 “Beaul Scead Empire” from your Deck to your hand. Each time a card(s) is send from either player’s Deck to the Graveyard, place 1 Counter on this card. “Beaul Scead” monsters you control gain ATK and DEF equal to the number of Counters on this card x 100.

-16.) Dark Sunlight
Spell
Send the top 4 cards from your Deck to the Graveyard. Add 2 “Beaul Scead” cards from your Graveyard to your Deck and shuffle. Then draw 2 cards.

-17.) Heinous Trigger
Spell
If this card was sent from the Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of a “Beaul Scead” card, send the top 3 cards from both players Decks to the Graveyard and destroy 1 card on the field. If this card was activated from your hand, send the top 3 cards from both players Decks to the Graveyard and draw 1 card.

-18.) Burns from the Dark
Trap
If this card was sent from your Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of a “Beaul Scead” monster, Special Summon 1 “Beaul Scead” monster from your Graveyard. When this card is activated from the field, send the top 2 cards from your Deck to the Graveyard. Then send the top cards from your opponent’s Deck to the Graveyard equal to the number of level 4 or lower “Beaul Scead” monsters in your Graveyard.

-19.) Chains of the Dark
Trap
If this card is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard, add this card to your hand. Activate only while there are 4 or more “Beaul Scead” monsters with different names in your Graveyard. Send the top 2 cards from your Deck to the Graveyard and Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower “Beaul Scead” monster from your Graveyard. That monster cannot be destroyed by battle and is unaffected by card effects until the End Phase of this turn.

-20.) Fruit of the Dark
Spell
If this card is sent from the Deck to the Graveyard, add this card to your hand. Activate only while there are 4 or more “Beaul Scead” monsters with different names in your Graveyard. Your opponent selects 1 Spell, Trap and Monster from your Graveyard. Add the selected cards to your Deck and shuffle.
[/spoiler]

lets see, basically the most are almost the same with lightsworns itself, you add some modify and its all alright.

But IMO, this deck will be lose against the real Lightsworns itself, reason. Lightsworns has Ace monster-Judgement Dragon, which can destroy all cards on the field. and you dont have this kind of effect. Even though you have Beaul Scead Dragon and Hurklain, Beaul Scead Dragon.

Just decide a powerfull effect for having those Beaul Scead in your Graveyard :)

I tried this proxied deck against Lightsworns and found it to be a 50/50 chance of winning. The reason being is because my cards mill out Lightsworns quickly. Added that lightsworns already milled cards from their deck made for a nasty tactic, speeding the amount of cards they sent to the Grave and usually sending their Judgement Dragons to the Grave before they could hit the field. However, Lightsworns did get a slight advantage depending on the cards they had to start with, and it was usually a Gold Sarced JD that wound up killing the field. I'll still try to make something for this deck because it seems to be weak against field resets.
Well after seing them as a whole and individually I might say that the whole concept is broken..they are basicly Lightsworns with a better atribute, that can mill you opponent...has a Broken card like Fruit of the Dark.

IDK about these for the most...none of this have restrictions that cover up their powerful effects...most will mill you fast but not all of them are needed and a few handful of them makes a lot of Decks Broken as hell...

D:

As a concept is ok I guess...but in practice this card may be pushing it a little too much for my taste...motly coz they are bulk up version of LS which isn't the weakest Deck around IMO...

SO IDK...You may want to balance some stuff here and there...And..I might check cards individually if you want...

[quote name='-Dae-' timestamp='1300410229' post='5079941']
Well after seing them as a whole and individually I might say that the whole concept is broken..they are basicly Lightsworns with a better atribute, that can mill you opponent...has a Broken card like Fruit of the Dark.
[/quote]

Okay, I'll admit that fruit is broken. :P I'll fix that in a little bit.

IDK about these for the most...none of this have restrictions that cover up their powerful effects...most will mill you fast but not all of them are needed and a few handful of them makes a lot of Decks Broken as hell...
[/quote]

I could compare a combo I have found with this deck and compare it with the "Still" searchable OTK with Infernities, so in a sense it is powerful. However, most decks now run cards in the Graveyard to begin with. Lightsworns are a 50/50 chance of winning against this deck because they too benefit from the mill out effects. Swarm field with Wulfs and Top Deck JD? Doesn't that sound like a bad thing against this deck? Also, I've played against other types of decks such as Fissure Glads...which I subsequently lose to almost all the time thanks to D. Fissures and Ancient Forest...This deck is powerful, and there are some cards that are worth fixing, but it's pretty difficult coming up with a 40 Card Deck that includes some of these monsters without it milling out too fast, especially with the support cards.

Oh! just thought about how I can fix fruit.

D:

As a concept is ok I guess...but in practice this card may be pushing it a little too much for my taste...motly coz they are bulk up version of LS which isn't the weakest Deck around IMO...

SO IDK...You may want to balance some stuff here and there...And..I might check cards individually if you want...
[/quote]

Plz Check them out individually and even try to test out the deck using Proxies against real decks. It's really strange thinking about a concept and visualizing how it works when you compare it to how it will most likely run in real life. Still, here is the deck list I run:

[spoiler=Deck List]
Monsters (30)
BS Dragon x 2
Ernest x 3
Questil x 2
Diana x 2
Vangoth x 3
Hurklain x 1
Murk x 3
Escurida x 3
Ralent x 3
Kunia x 2
Kuyo x 3
Canis x 3

Spells (16)
Dark Sunlight x 3
Empire x 3
Trigger x 3
Fruit x 1
MST x 2
Special Hurricane x 1
Card Destruction x 1
Grave Keeper's Servant x 2

Traps (14)
Burns x 3
Chains x 3
Solemn Warning x 2
Solemn Judgement x 1
Bottomless x 2
Magic Drain x 2
Seven Tools x 1
[/spoiler]

Still, thanks for the comments on this set. I'll make changes in a little bit, gotta take a bath first :P.

Try this Decklist
3 x Escurida, Beaul Scead Summoner
3 x Canis, Beaul Scead Werewolf
2 x Ralent, Beaul Scead Sorcerer
2 x Ernest, Beaul Scead Paladin
2 x Julie, Beaul Scead Monk
1 x Dark Armed Dragon
1 x Sangan
1 x Necro Gardna
1 x Plaguespreader Zombie
1 x Glow-Up Bulb
1 x Blackwing Gale the Whirwind
3 x Dark Sunlight
2 x Monster Reincarnation
2 x MST
2 x Gold Sarcofagus
1 x Book of Moon
1 x Allure of Dakness
1 x Reinforcement of the Army
1 x Monster Reborn
1 x Dark Hole
1 x Giant Trunade
2 x Warning
2 x Bottomless
1 x Call of the Haunted
1 x Solemn Judgement
1 x Mirror Force

And of Course 15 Synchros
You'll see how powerfull Deck can get...
=D
Woke up real early today >.< 5A.M....it means school is starting soon. f@*%...Anyways, I tested out that deck list you made against Fissure Glads against my little bro. It was fast, but still no OTK with it. The major problem against Fissure Glads was D. Fissure itself. I was able to take it out with MST, but that didn't stop the second and third copies. Giant Trunade was a good 1 turn stall for it, but that's about it. Still, I did manage to win against it about 5 out 9 ratio. Gonna try it against Lightsworns, Frognarchs, and Machina-Gadgets about noon today. You'll see results at about 2-5 P.M.
[quote name='Wolfy Eddy' timestamp='1300457805' post='5080647']
Woke up real early today >.< 5A.M....it means school is starting soon. f@*%...Anyways, I tested out that deck list you made against Fissure Glads against my little bro. It was fast, but still no OTK with it. The major problem against Fissure Glads was D. Fissure itself. I was able to take it out with MST, but that didn't stop the second and third copies. Giant Trunade was a good 1 turn stall for it, but that's about it. Still, I did manage to win against it about 5 out 9 ratio. Gonna try it against Lightsworns, Frognarchs, and Machina-Gadgets about noon today. You'll see results at about 2-5 P.M.
[/quote]

Graveyard dependant Decks always has that problem no matter how fast they are...first turn D-Fissure will always kill them...

For those cases make use of your Synchros (Brionac, Trishula, Scrap Dragon, Dark End Dragon)...they can destroy those Fissures...or use your side deck (Side Dust Tornados, Fairy Wind, etc)
[quote name='-Dae-' timestamp='1300459122' post='5080675']
Graveyard dependant Decks always has that problem no matter how fast they are...first turn D-Fissure will always kill them...

For those cases make use of your Synchros (Brionac, Trishula, Scrap Dragon, Dark End Dragon)...they can destroy those Fissures...or use your side deck (Side Dust Tornados, Fairy Wind, etc)
[/quote]

I did that! But remember that many decks are set up against Summoning them now. So...yeah. Got 2 Synchros Warninged during the match almost all the time and a top decked Solemn Judgement did not help at all >.<. Still the deck did win over 50% of the time against Glad Beasts so it seems to be a win for now.

Oh Current Synchros in the Deck:
Stadust x 1
Brionac x 1
X-Saber Wayne x 1 (this guy is surpricingly good with Ernest)
Catastor x 1
Mist Wurm x 1
Trishula x 1
Scrap Dragon x 1
Black Rose x 1
Red Dragon x 1
Collosal Fighter x 1
Armory Arm x 1
Dark End Dragon x 1 (I'll try this card)
And still haven't thought of the rest.

[quote name='-Dae-' timestamp='1300460901' post='5080707']
Trap Stun Solves your problems with Trap Cards...

=3

Extra Add...Gaia Knight for Level 6 Options
Add Chimeratech Fortress Dragon...for Option with SIded Cyber Dragons

Side Gladiator Beast Gyzarus Agaisnt Glads (Along with mind control so you can go Monster Reborn + Mind Control = Gyzarus)

and add something like a 2nd Black Rose, 2 Field Nukes = GOOD
[/quote]

I did not think about trap stuns. Also, instead of a second nuke, I used Blackwing Armor Master and Flamevell Uruquizas. They worked wonders with the deck and were easy to get out. I managed to get Uruquizas extreamly easy after I nuked the field with Black Rose and that became the epic game play that won some of my matches :D. I also played Magical Android quite a few times and managed to get her out along with other synchros. Good lv 5 besides catastor.

Results with matches:
*Beaul Scead vs. Frognarchs --> 0/3 >.< The frogs were sent in the deck so many times that tribute fooders were set up quickly for Monarch Control. I even got formula Synchroed twice for Shooting Star Drag! >.< That wasn't cool.

*Beaul Scead vs. Lightsworns --> 2/3 This was a good match up. The deck ran fast and managed to counter most of the Lightsworn brigades. Not only that but even JD wasn't much of a threat because I was able to Synchro for Black Rose and Blow up the field to. Then I managed to control the games from there.

*Beaul Scead vs. Dragunities --> 0/3!!!!! >:o WTF!!! Lad set up for Arma set up for quick Synchro, set up for Stardust!!! WTF?!

*Beaul Scead vs. Machina Gadgets --> 3/3 :) I was happy wit this. It milled out most of the nessessary cards for Machina Gearframe and I bottomlessed those. Because the Gadgets were run also, it spead up the mill out process (unexpectedly) and that's how I won these matches. Even when Chimera Overtech was on the field, it was no good for my opponent ;)

My friends kinda enjoyed this deck, (John didn't but he BSes about everything anyway).

It has been decided! These cards are going to be the cards for my main antagonist in my upcoming Fan Fic! It'll probably be by the beginning of may when I'll start on my fan fic once more. I have almost all the cast ready and am going to feature a grea variety of decks, both created and real.

Archived