[Single] - Vylons need equips that help advantage

-Griffin

|Vylon Mirrage|
|Equip Spell|
|When this card is activated, select and activate one of the following effects:
*Special Summon 1 non-tuner "Vylon" monster from your Deck and equip it with this card.
*Equip this card to 1 "Vylon" monster you control. Once while this card is face-up on the field, you can negate the activation and effect of an effect that targets that monster.|

Ruling: If this is activated by Vylon Sigma or something else which designates what it should be equipped to, it's "When this card is activated" triggers and you can choose either effect.

Reasoning behind card:
Vylons that it can Summon (those in the Deck) are generally terrible, so this helps them be less terrible. It'd just be a new E-Tele if I allowed tuners, which I didn't want. The second effect makes it respectable as a choice when you have a boss monster.
[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1299912864' post='5068006']
|Vylon Mirrage|
|Equip Spell|
|When this card is activated, select and activate one of the following effects:
*Special Summon 1 non-tuner "Vylon" monster from your Deck and equip it with this card.
*Equip this card to 1 "Vylon" monster you control. Once while this card is face-up on the field, you can negate the activation and effect of an effect that targets that monster.|

Ruling: If this is activated by Vylon Sigma or something else which designates what it should be equipped to, it's "When this card is activated" triggers and you can choose either effect.

Reasoning behind card:
Vylons that it can Summon (those in the Deck) are generally terrible, so this helps them be less terrible. It'd just be a new E-Tele if I allowed tuners, which I didn't want. The second effect makes it respectable as a choice when you have a boss monster.
[/quote]

Can you activate this when there are no monsters on the field?
[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1299934653' post='5068252']
I don't like Armory. Losing your Normal Summon hurts a lot when you're likely to always have access to the target anyway.

Matter's cool, but much slower.
[/quote]

But Hidden Armory is faster than Fairy of the Spring. You get to Summon a monster the turn you activated Armory anyway, and if you have a monster from your last turn, you even might be able to synchro Summon
[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1299930097' post='5068223']
Premature Burial.
[/quote]

But this card's effect isn't worded as premature or DDR therefore it doesn't work without monsters...also Premature DOES target...this doean't.

Also...if it did worked that way it would be BROKEN as hell if it didn't have the: Bye equip = Bye monster and viceversa Clause...(Asuming this card is meant to be used to call a monster for free)...not to mention that effect is optional and therefore it chooses at resolution...where a Equip Spell should be already be equipped to a monter.

Also No if this card is equipped by Vairon Sigma it doesnt count as being activated...(effect work in the same way as does Diamond Dude...card gets in the field automatically...and it activatition cannot be chained to...except you negated the proper effect that puts it onto the field.)

Also you are treating Vyrons as if they couldn't generate Advantage as they are...>_<
[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1299945077' post='5068540']
#1) I declare a BKSS, any worries about if it can activate right are invalid.

#2) How is it broken that MST doesn't kill some mediocre monster you get with this?

#3) BKSS

#4) They can't do it very well ._.
[/quote]

1) BKSS are bullshit...and a excuse for giving card the playabilty they don't have..or to making it up for poor card design and gets uncovered while card is played...(Also BKSS always tend to hurt the cards rather than helping them)

2) Maybe not broken I forgot to check the actual target but still...I consider some of those not mediocre...for instances gettin a Free Pentraco is anything but mediocre

3) See 1

4) They can get a full field of monster with pretty much 1/2 card maybe 3 the the most...>_>
[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1299948135' post='5068655']
...Which cards would those be? I haven't seen them swarm all that often.
[/quote]

iirc last time I saw it...was Varion Element + Rod of Silence + Any Vairon Equip Spell into a....

Damn I forgot...

Goes to find the Videos

*Found them*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNwoOa_IgTA
http://www.videoizle.cc/0cRRWhINMDFpe
[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1299954884' post='5068933']
If it works, it needs to be banned and can be ignored for this thread. If it doesn't, there's no point paying attention to it in this thread.

[b]BKSS works here, just saying, it saves weird wording by making it work, regardless of technicalities.[/b]
[/quote]

BKSS are not good, never...don't you understand...card shall be comprehensible on their own and not needing of some bulshit ruling to determine how they work...

What you want with this card is pushing beyond the way equip Spells are meant to be and it doesnt help that you conveniently make it so it works as you want...

Technically cards should do what they say...if a card can't explain itself with the text written in the card itself it shouldn't even have to be made....just saying....
...Well obviously it works. Anyone with half a brain reading the text on an actual card would figure, "Oh, yeah, this clearly targets the monster in the Deck!" - I do feel it explains itself, and I'm really not bothered with the wording in this case. Can we drop that topic? ._.

Oh, and DDR/Premature say this is fine.
[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1299956337' post='5068988']
...Well obviously it works. Anyone with half a brain reading the text on an actual card would figure, "Oh, yeah, this clearly targets the monster in the Deck!" - I do feel it explains itself, and I'm really not bothered with the wording in this case. Can we drop that topic? ._.

Oh, and DDR/Premature say this is fine.
[/quote]

If that's the case

Card is fine I'm not saying...card is bad worded or anything...maybe is weird coz it should either Just equip a monster SSd from the Deck or only 1 you controlled upon activation...But that can be worked out easily and with stuff we already got.

What i'm against of from the beggining is agaisnt your ruling as it doesnt make sence at all...if it wasnt for that card would be so much better to my eyes.
Can you equip Premature Burial to Vylon Sigma with its effect?

If yes, this might be a better wording

Select 1 "Vylon" non-tuner monster from your Deck. Special Summon it and equip it with this card. If this card is equipped to "Vylon" monster that wasn't Special Summoned by this card's effect, once while this card is face-up on the field, you can negate the activation and effect of an effect that targets that monster.

Archived