New archetype - Exia

Cloister

[size="1"][color="#000000"][right]They probably suck.[/right][/color][/size]
[color="#00BFFF"][b]Exia Battle Dome[/b]
Field Spell Card
[i]All "Exia" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF. Each time you discard a card(s), including as a cost, inflict 300 damage to your opponent.[/i][/color]

[color="#FF8C00"][b]Exia Striker[/b]
EARTH - Level 3 - Effect
Warrior
[i]This card inflicts Piercing Damage.[/i]
ATK 1100 - DEF 400[/color]

[color="#FF8C00"][b]Exia Darkmage[/b]
DARK - Level 2 - Effect
Spellcaster
[i]If you control a face-up "Exia" monster, you can discard 1 card to Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. "Exia" monsters cannot be targeted by your opponent's Level 5 or higher Monster Card effects.[/i]
ATK 0 - DEF 0[/color]

[color="#FF00FF"][b]Exia Circle[/b]
Normal Trap Card
[i]A monster that battles with an "Exia" monster has its effect(s) negated until the End Phase of this turn.[/i][/color]

[color="#FF8C00"][b]Exia Scardancer[/b]
FIRE - Level 5 - Effect
Pyro
[i]Each time this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, you can discard 1 card to add 1 "Exia" monster from your Deck to your hand with a Level equal to or lower than the Level of the destroyed monster.[/i]
ATK 1900 - DEF 1000[/color]

[color="#FF8C00"][b]Exia Bonefrog[/b]
WATER - Level 1 - Effect
Aqua
[i]You can discard this card to negate 1 attack from your opponent and end the Battle Phase.[/i]
ATK 0 - DEF 200[/color]

[color="#00BFFF"][b]Exia Spark[/b]
Quick-Play Spell Card
[i]Discard 1 "Exia" monster. Add 1 "Exia" monster from your Deck to your hand with a Level equal to or lower than the discarded monster.[/i][/color]

[color="#FF8C00"][b]Exia Chainsoldier[/b]
LIGHT - Level 4 - Effect
Machine
[i]When this card is Summoned, you can discard 1 card to add 4 "Exia" monsters from your Graveyard to your Deck. Then draw 1 card.[/i]
ATK 1500 - DEF 600[/color]

[color="#FF8C00"][b]Exia Spearman[/b]
WIND - Level 3 - Effect
Winged Beast
[i]When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, you can discard 1 card to destroy 1 face-down Spell or Trap Card on the field.[/i]
ATK 1100 - DEF 300[/color]

[color="#00BFFF"][b]Exia Training Dojo[/b]
Continuous Trap Card
[i]Once per turn, if there are 4 or more "Exia" monsters in your Graveyard, you can halve the ATK of 1 "Exia" monster you control to have it attack your opponent directly this turn.[/i][/color]

[color="#FF8C00"][b]Exia Forestimp[/b]
EARTH - Level 4 - Effect
Beast
[i]This card is unaffected by Spell Cards. Once per turn you can look at the top card of your Deck and reveal it to your opponent. Then, you can discard 1 card with the same Type as that card (Monster, Spell or Trap) to add that card to your hand.[/i]
ATK 1400 - DEF 0[/color]

[color="#FF8C00"][b]Exia Shieldgunner[/b]
DARK - Level 4 - Effect
Rock
[i]When this card is Summoned, you can discard 1 card to change up to 3 monsters on the field to Defense Position. When this card is destroyed by battle while in Defense Position, destroy the monster that destroyed it at the end of the Damage Step.[/i]
ATK 100 - DEF 2000[/color]

[color="#FF00FF"][b]Exia Stunportal[/b]
Continuous Trap Card
[i]During the turn a player discards a card(s), including as a cost, that player takes no Battle Damage.[/i][/color]
So, this archetype focuses in inflicting minor but continuous Direct Damage with the Field Spell, while enduring attacks with Stunportal. The concept is good, but I feel it will take some Time to reduce the opponent's LP to 0, and thus they are slow.

I can see the main advantage of them is that they have an impressive search power and 2 card-destruction monsters.
However, their main weaknesses are they low ATK and the lack of strong monsters (Level 6 or higher) and Tuners for Synchros. You may want to fix that.

I's interesting how they don't share neither an Attribute nor a Type, unlike most archetypes. I guess you can make use of this with cards such as "Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan", but at the same Time they are vulnerable to "Gozen Match" and "Rivalry of Warlords".

Archived