Contest started. 5 points to each Voter. Me V.S. Him. What, want more specific stuff? Hell no not giving you that info.

1. Obviously all other YCM rules apply.

2. Make a USABLE Archfiend support monster that can be effectively used in solid and localized Archfiend builds. It must be LV 4 or lower.

3. Prize is 1 rep, 300 points.

4. Voters get 5 points from me, Darkplant.

5. Voters need a reason to vote, and they must have at least 500 posts to vote since I don't want failtrolls here.

6. First to 3 votes wins.

SUTAATO

My Card

115072.jpg

When this card is summoned, you can pay 500 Life Points to select 1 "Archfiend" monster in your deck (except "Archfiend Hound" and add it to your hand. Once per turn, if you control more than 2 "Archfiend" monsters, you can select 1 Spell/Trap card on the field and destroy it.

Opponent's Card

Gambler Archfiend

FIRE

Level 2

[Fiend/Tuner]

The controller of this card pays 800 Life Points during each of his/her Standby Phases (this is not optional). This card cannot be used for a Synchro Summon except for a "Archfiend" Synchro monster. If you use this card as a Synchro Material monster and the other non-Tuner monster(s) are "Archfiend" monsters, you can increase the Level of this card by 1 or 2. Once per turn, if you rolled a dice by the effect of an "Archfiend" monster, you can negate that six-sided die roll and re-roll it.

ATK/1100 DEF/ 200

Wasn't this orginally a contest to make a Rock monster to make Dark Gaia more usefull? lol nvm, just saw the other thread.

Anyway:

Gambler Archfiend

FIRE

Level 2

[Fiend/Tuner]

The controller of this card pays 800 Life Points during each of his/her Standby Phases (this is not optional). This card cannot be used for a Synchro Summon except for a "Archfiend" Synchro monster. If you use this card as a Synchro Material monster and the other non-Tuner monster(s) are "Archfiend" monsters, you can increase the Level of this card by 1 or 2. Once per turn, if you rolled a dice by the effect of an "Archfiend" monster, you can negate that six-sided die roll and re-roll it.

ATK/1100 DEF/ 200

Alright! Sasuke back in voting business! :P

Firstly, DAD's OCG is OK. Then the effect..."If you use this card as a Synchro Material monster and the other non-Tuner monster(s) are "Archfiend" monsters, you can increase the Level of this card by 1 or 2." If it is used as Synchro Material, it should be off the field. So, does that mean it is treated as the new level only on the field or in the Graveyard, or both? Correct me if I'm wrong. The dice-reroll part is great.

Darkplant's OCG is perfect, and his effect helps somewhat. Like...destroying a possible Mirror Force/Sakuretsu. Not much to comment about.

Overall, both cards are good in their own way, and useful in an Archfiend deck, but my vote goes to Darkplant as I've been seeing too many monster removals for the past few days when dueling. Good luck to both of you! :D

Guest Striker

Interesting match-up. I rarely see archfiend, but I have a basic understanding. From what I know, archfiends don't have synchro monsters, but correct me if I'm wrong. OCG is great, but I have gotten rusty at it now. So, Darkplant gmv.

You won't believe how many Sakuretsus I've seen. *facedesk* I hate it when you know, my uber powerful cards come on and then...removal...Why, oe time I used Solemn Judgement to stop it...only to be countered with a Trap Jammer.

Sakuretsu sucks, Trap Jammer sucks even more. To date Shi En is the best Anti-backrow card, followed much worse by Dark Bribe.

Guest Deathly Fiend Of YMC
Hidden

I like the opponent's card. It gives the player more chances and is a great Archfiend Synchro Material Monster. It also seems very well balanced with the ATK being so low.

But also, your LORE contains some OCG errors, but will be usefull for a burn Archfiend deck.

But My vote does go to Dark Armed Duelist.

Archived