Mistakes That Ruin Your Reputation In Real Life

Anti-Apocryphal

Have you ever been mistaken for doing/being something you didn't do/aren't?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been mistaken for doing/being something you didn't do/aren't?

[quote name='Darkplant' timestamp='1300418694' post='5080239']
Before that question, I wonder how many people here actually [i]have[/i] a real life.
[/quote]

Yet another fabulous reply from the great Darkplant? ;D

Eh, I've been labeled in the past, and unfortunately some labels have stuck with me due to false rumors and gossip. No matter what I say, it feels like I can't get rid of them... I guess I'm stuck with them. xD

[quote name='Clair' timestamp='1300419059' post='5080251']
Yet another fabulous reply from the great Darkplant? ;D

Eh, I've been labeled in the past, and unfortunately some labels have stuck with me due to false rumors and gossip. No matter what I say, it feels like I can't get rid of them... I guess I'm stuck with them. xD
[/quote]

You should use "Ignorance is bliss" to your advantage. Obvious advice is obvious.

People who tell others they have no lives without getting to know the person only say it in hypocrisy or blatant, foolish ignorance.

I've been told I have no life. Never cared ever...

THUR AND

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1300419545' post='5080264']
There is a rumor circulating around school that I am writing a novel.
...when it's a "fan" fic.
Moral of the story: Be more inconspicuous when conducting nerdly activities on school grounds.
[/quote]
Most worthwhile YCM FFs are either Foes, or stuff written the same way as a normal novel.

Also the meaning of life is sex.

[quote name='Marisa Kirisame-ze' timestamp='1300412308' post='5080007']
I've never experienced a time where something has completely crushed my rep, but I've had times in my life where I was labeled with something that I wasn't, and those labels can spread, and people begin to see me in a completely unrealistic way than I really am. It was nothing ever major, but those things hurt.
[/quote]

^^Very true here.

Archived