Comments needed

.:Raging Man:.

[center][img]http://i55.tinypic.com/ljxnn.png[/img]
Comment on the render.
Yes, I know it sucks, but I used the Magic Wand and then erased the remaining things. I can do better, as you can see in my archive. Link below.
http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc493/CivilpowerDDa/Renders%20by%20Me/
^Comment on the renders here too^[/center]

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1300731660' post='5087642']
magic wand = big no no.

I'll have a proper look when my PC's hard drive finally has the space its screaming at me for.

Edit: Looked at it and wish I hadn't. Very very poor quality, you've done far better than this.
[/quote]
I know its awful, but this image would take quite a time if I would do it without the magic wand.
How long would YOU take to render this conventionally ?

[quote name='Cаtmаn' timestamp='1300745746' post='5088143']
Before working on the actual cutting, try to get rid of all those left over blotches of color just floating around.
[/quote]
I just saw the color left overs when I posted the image, on the transparency its kinda hard to see it.

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1300810313' post='5089506']
I'd take about an hour to 2 hours with about 20-30 mins just on the flame/smoke.
[/quote]
And thats why I used the magic wand, because I can't stand 2 hours in front of the PC rendering something.
But I will redo the render as Lexadin asked, and I will not use the magic wand this time.

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1300811445' post='5089532']
If you want it done well, its better to do it properly. Those hours are just an estimate, given that I haven't seen the original.
[/quote]

Here is the original.
[spoiler=Image]
[IMG]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4140/9403921.jpg[/IMG]
[/spoiler]
Any tips to rendering it ?

Lasso or Pen Tool which ever is easier. Soft Brush eraser on very small size. If it was me I'd do it in small stages especially about the bottom of the cloak because of the detail, and create a layer for just the flame and erase seperate. With zoom 900% +

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1300812516' post='5089557']
Lasso or Pen Tool which ever is easier. Soft Brush eraser on very small size. If it was me I'd do it in small stages especially about the bottom of the cloak because of the detail, and create a layer for just the flame and erase seperate. With zoom 900% +
[/quote]
As I didn't understand anything, I'm using the paths tool at a 800% zoom to render it step by step XD.
And I use GIMP, so its way different to render things than Photoshop as you. I'll do my best. I started from the top of the head and I'm on the arm, so I still have a lot to do.

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1300814481' post='5089586']
Yea Path is the same as the Pen Tool in Photoshop.
[/quote]
I am finishing the arm now.
Yin, how do I save a project like that without needing to start all over again ? Because if I save it, all the path goes away and I would need to contour it all over again.

If you want to save, just use the path to get to the outside edge and just follow around until you can cut out the amount that you have done. Then save on the transparent bg, and start where you left off when you come back. If that's confusing I can post a screenshot.

Archived