Splice Archive.

Night

[center]

So I've recently re-found the joys of splicing, with of course the help of Jappio's magical thread. Every time I come across it I get the sudden urge to create a splice.
Although I must warn you it has been quite a while since I've spliced (6-8 months, I'm quite rusty)

Looking to improve so that I can add splices as items in Yin and I's shop.

[spoiler= 001]

[IMG]http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/Amirzmom/2.png[/IMG]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= 002]

[IMG]http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/Amirzmom/2-1-1.png[/IMG]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= 003]

[IMG]http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/Amirzmom/35.png[/IMG]

[/spoiler]

[/center]

i never knew you spliced.

First one, Bisharp/Hydreigon/Something-else looks great. Mysterious enough for me. Nothing wrong that I can see with it, but I'm no expert.

Second, Nuzleaf/Nincada/Torkoal. Shading looks off to me, but as I said, I'm no expert. There are a few extra grey pixels to the left of the cloud, though, and when copy+pasted the left side of it is black.

Third, Machamp/Articuno?. Looks good. Bit simplistic, with only the fur, and the bit on the bottom right arm looks funny.

Anyway, I like them. Look to Jappio for for expert advice, but I tried.

[quote name='Phoenix19' timestamp='1301112937' post='5097087']
i never knew you spliced.

[b]Like I said I haven't spliced in like 8 months, even back then I only made 8-10 splices overall.
I'm still fairly new at it.[/b]

First one, Bisharp/Hydreigon/Something-else looks great. Mysterious enough for me. Nothing wrong that I can see with it, but I'm no expert.

Second, Nuzleaf/Nincada/Torkoal. Shading looks off to me, but as I said, I'm no expert. There are a few extra grey pixels to the left of the cloud, though, and when copy+pasted the left side of it is black.

[b]The cloud is supposed to be that way, it isn't gray, more of a reddish hue, If i remember correctly.[/b]

Third, Machamp/Articuno?. Looks good. Bit simplistic, with only the fur, and the bit on the bottom right arm looks funny.

[b]Agreed, oh and I didn't want to add too much to the splice. But I see what you are saying.[/b]

Anyway, I like them. Look to Jappio for for expert advice, but I tried.

[b]Thanks, I only really posted because I saw Jappio on actually. xD[/b]
[/quote]

[b]EDIT:[/b] Josh is too fast for me, You mean I should have scratched it, correct?
If so, that is not a bad idea.

[quote name='NightWalker' timestamp='1301113557' post='5097105']
[b]EDIT:[/b] Josh is too fast for me, You mean I should have scratched it, correct?
[/quote]

A little more and less than that, I have something that will get you into it quickly.

People using my names always gets me so close to feeling the need to critique. Normally I'm too lazy or too worried of looking biased when I randomly critique.

My name was used though in two different spots here, now I feel oh so compelled to make comments.

So I'll meet you half way. I won't do a proper hard core critique, but I will at least do some bullet points on what I think you did wrong:

First Guy:

- I don't like the lack of eyes.
- The shoulder pads are hidden, which makes the shape of its arms a little weird.
- I personally don't mind the color scheme, but I know it would drive some people nuts.
- Could do more with it. Feels mostly like a modified Bisharp than a true splice.

Second Dude:

- Bits of gray near cloud edge.
- Unmatching border around gray parts.
- Meer attachments of wings is an amateurish tool. Doing more than just adding the wings of a Pokemon is far more creative and entertaining.
- The smoke doesn't make the most sense. Is it part of his head? Why is it orange? Etc?

Last Thing:

- Bordering needs a lot of work ont he butchels of spikes coming out.
- Head piece doesn't work. A lot of people can't seem to get that head piece to work.
- Beyond those two things, nothing else is done. Very bland and boring.

Even my short little critiques look long. Then again I suppose that is the magic of bullet points.

[quote name='Jappio' timestamp='1301115388' post='5097152']
People using my names always gets me so close to feeling the need to critique. Normally I'm too lazy or too worried of looking biased when I randomly critique.

My name was used though in two different spots here, now I feel oh so compelled to make comments.

So I'll meet you half way. I won't do a proper hard core critique, but I will at least do some bullet points on what I think you did wrong:

First Guy:

- I don't like the lack of eyes.
- The shoulder pads are hidden, which makes the shape of its arms a little weird.
- I personally don't mind the color scheme, but I know it would drive some people nuts.
- Could do more with it. Feels mostly like a modified Bisharp than a true splice.

Second Dude:

- Bits of gray near cloud edge.
- Unmatching border around gray parts.
- Meer attachments of wings is an amateurish tool. Doing more than just adding the wings of a Pokemon is far more creative and entertaining.
- The smoke doesn't make the most sense. Is it part of his head? Why is it orange? Etc?

Last Thing:

- Bordering needs a lot of work ont he butchels of spikes coming out.
- Head piece doesn't work. A lot of people can't seem to get that head piece to work.
- Beyond those two things, nothing else is done. Very bland and boring.

Even my short little critiques look long. Then again I suppose that is the magic of bullet points.
[/quote]

Thanks for the critique Jappio, I will try my best to improve.
It's appreciated.

Archived