The Year Of 2011

Phant0mZPlayer

So, lets get to the point, this year hasn't been a great year for gamers. In my opinion, most of the games that were released are completely boring and dull, its just the EXACT same thing, wether its bulletstorm, homefront or any other FPS game.But not Crysis 2, I can honestly say that it brings a new experience to the word FPS.Dead Space 2 is one of the few games that I actually like.When I played that game, I felt as if I'm experiencing something new, I even finished the story mode and both casual and Zealot difficulty.There are a few more games I'm looking forward to that actually look fun, such as Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3.I didn't really enjoy playing Mass Effect 2, so, personally, I'm not looking forward to Mass Effect 3, but overall, I think its gonna turn out as a great game for 2011.
I think Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3 are the games that are going to take over the 2011 video gaming awards(Strange isn't it? They all have 3's in their names).

Now remember, this is just MY OPINION, so don't be going all up in my butt on how MW3 or -insert game here- are such wonderful games.

Other games I like or looking forward to:
Killzone 3 - Portal 2

@Rarity Bulletstorm became awfully boring after a while.
@Taichi Masaki MvC3 Wasn't so bad, I played the second one and it was as fun as this one.
Theres also this wierd game called "Dead Island" I guess I can't really judge it until its out, although, through what I've seen, it seems pretty good, people are making a big deal out of it, so I hope its actually good.

If you don't know what it is, go search it up, its a zombie killing game.

[quote name='Phant0mZPlayer' timestamp='1301667082' post='5104548']
Meh, I wasn't really the type that liked to play Pokemon and Mario and all of those similar games.

I grew up playing games like Devil May Cry and Resident Evil, so I'd probably be interested in games that are much more similar to that kind of gaming genre.
[/quote]

I know this is your opinion and I do respect it but Day-Um!

OT: Black renewed my purpose for playing Video Games. Since this year is Sonic's 20th anniversary, I wonder what game Sega is planning to make.

TES V: Skyrim and Portal 2 have already been voted "Most awaited games of 2011." by many game forums/mags. I think both may take a nice amount of VGAs after theyre out.

Also Mass Effect 3 has a nice sized output for reasons to play it. Mostly the fact that you get to actually go to Earth and updated game mechanics from 2 were mentioned. A friend of mine is a Mass Effect fan and has been revisiting Mass Effect 1 and 2 while waiting for 3.

Has everyone forgot about Ghost Recon: Future Soldier? Really?

Dead Island is a FPS zombie killing/survival game based on, you guessed it, a island.

Don't forget Battlefield will fail, even though they think it will be "glitch free" and s*** all over COD. Its not possible.

Also Brink looks promising.

Obviously, I'm looking forward to ME3... BF3 looks good, and the sound design looks (sounds?) to be pretty boss. I don't know what to think of MW3...since MW2 and BO were sub-par to say the least. I'm also looking forward to F.3.A.R... Uncharted 3 might make me play my ps3 again...lol

I'm not really pleased the releases so far... I'm not a fan of third person survival horror games, so I wasn't a fan of Dead Space 2... or 1 for that matter. Crysis 2 is okay...it's frustrating as all hell though. Homefront was actually pretty fun. Killzone's controls were horridly unresponsive in the demo...so I gave up on it.

To me, Bulletstorm got boring relatively quick. It's still a good game, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as the other FPS games.

Crysis 2 I'm holding until the price drops lower, but I've already seen enough gameplay vids to know it'll be good. Was a fan of Crysis and Crysis Warhead, so obviously the same will be true for this one

F3AR will be among another I look forward to. Don't know if it'll end the series, but I've been a fan of all the FEAR games so far, so this should be no different.

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1302327165' post='5124465']
I never played Brink before. Have you?
[/quote]

Nope, but that's mainly because I missed PAX.

Also, people are saying Battlefield 3, Portals 2, Possible Halo Remake, next CoD, and so forth to be game of the year where they most likely never have played said games, only prequels of them.

[quote name='The Wicked One' timestamp='1302328760' post='5124499']
Nope, but that's mainly because I missed PAX.

Also, people are saying Battlefield 3, Portals 2, Possible Halo Remake, next CoD, and so forth to be game of the year where they most likely never have played said games, only prequels of them.
[/quote]

I'm still not sure if the Call of Duty released this Nov even will be Modern Warfare 3

Sledgehammer said it will be developing a COD this year, 2 years ago.

Earlier this year, Activision said that Sledgehammer, Raven and IW will be working on MW3. So there's a high chance that the COD for this year is MW3. Which is a damn shame, because Sledgehammer said they were going to do something DIFFERENT for COD and change it up a bit.

Archived