Messenger of Hades - Gors: Discussion Thread

Guest Chaos Pudding

Really? I searched, but I came up with nothing. Oh, well... I agree that it can't be used against any old attack, but even against a Monarch it wrecks plans. It gives you an instant +1 when you need it the most.

Guest Chaos Pudding

nice card' date=' unfortinatly it's limited, only in OCG and that you must not have any card.

[/quote']

If I had it my way, it would be banned before it got over here. The not having any cards on the field is a major drawback, I admit, but in order for you to not have any cards on the field, your opponent would have probably used most of their removal cards. If you can survive an attack by a Monarch, this card ruins lots of well laid plans.

• 3 weeks later...

Yay, found the topic.

After playing Duel Online and dueling some Japanese people with the cards available to the OCG, I'm pretty certain that Gors adds a new level of decision making to the game, a bit like Mirror Force.

Plus, opening the duel without playing any cards will stop the opponent from S.summoning CyDra, and works as a nice bluff when you have a bad opening hand (although this is hard now, since Gors is limited, and what are the chances of him ending up in the starting hand?)

The burn damage S.summon is used less, but can end as a duel ender if it's later on in the duel, although this summon kills the merit of being able to be summoned in the Damage Step, which basically lets Gors avoid Bottomless Trap Holes and T.Tribute.

[edit] But Mind Crush kills Gors easily when playing against experienced players :/

Guest Chaos Pudding

Plus' date=' opening the duel without playing any cards will stop the opponent from S.summoning CyDra, and works as a nice bluff when you have a bad opening hand (although this is hard now, since Gors is limited, and what are the chances of him ending up in the starting hand?)

[/quote']

All the better to try and trick your opponent if you do happen to get it in the opening hand. If they try to call your bluff once, they get 2 nice monsters to deal with. The next time they might not be so forceful.

Plus' date=' opening the duel without playing any cards will stop the opponent from S.summoning CyDra, and works as a nice bluff when you have a bad opening hand (although this is hard now, since Gors is limited, and what are the chances of him ending up in the starting hand?)

[/quote']

All the better to try and trick your opponent if you do happen to get it in the opening hand. If they try to call your bluff once, they get 2 nice monsters to deal with. The next time they might not be so forceful.

Which is a good point, because when it does happen, it'll definitely stop the opponent from being so head-strong in the second duel (and it did happen once while playing Duel Online.)

Although most Japanese players I did duel were quite careful, and usually just summon Raiou/Death Calibur in their opening turn, set a Mind Crush if they had it, then end their turn. I guess they all experienced the horrors of Gors before.

He has too little to counter him, and makes playing poorly a way to win. Gorz is about as good as confiscation, and we all know what happened when confiscation ran amuck.

Gorz messes up the way the game should be played, and makes bad playing actually acceptable, thus, it fails, and should not be allowed.

He has too little to counter him' date=' and makes playing poorly a way to win. Gorz is about as good as confiscation, and we all know what happened when confiscation ran amuck.

Gorz messes up the way the game should be played, and makes bad playing actually acceptable, thus, it fails, and should not be allowed.

[/quote']

Gors itself is broken, but the mechanic of being able to be summoned in the damage step is interesting, and the requirement of having your field empty adds a new kind of decision making/bluff to the duel.

So Konami should just ban Gors and make a weaker beatstick with the same special summoning conditions minus the token creation ability in place. Oh, and no burn damage summoning too.

He has too little to counter him' date=' and makes playing poorly a way to win. Gorz is about as good as confiscation, and we all know what happened when confiscation ran amuck.

[/quote']

Gors itself is broken, but the mechanic of being able to be summoned in the damage step is interesting, and the requirement of having your field empty adds a new kind of decision making/bluff to the duel.

So Konami should just ban Gors and make a weaker beatstick with the same special summoning conditions minus the token creation ability in place. Oh, and no burn damage summoning too.

The Token, if the attack was halved, or it raised Defense alone, would be fair. The effect Damage, I agree, needs to go, and he needs to not be more than 2400 attack.

I love all the "yeah' date=' it's pretty good, it'll probably be banned". Open your eyes man, it's not.

[/quote']

Care to explain?

After all it's a 2700 beatstick that comes out on either battle or effect damage, and has token generation.

He's saying that the new banlist has come out, and Gorz is still at 1.

Guest Chaos Pudding

I bet the English name will be something like "Gors - Messenger of the Underworld" since God references might offend the Greeks

The Greeks? What do they have to do with it?

Guest Chaos Pudding

Hades is the Greek god of the Underworld

Again, I ask: What do the Greeks have to do with what a Japanese card is named when it is translated to English?

Archived