The OtW Club (lock)

Nishi-chan

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Deathly Fiend Of YMC' timestamp='1303488999' post='5159421']
Where are my +7 Reps??I am on one level and I do not know how to get out.
[/quote]
[quote name='Niashi Inumaki' timestamp='1302898866' post='5140811'][b]What are the benifits of being OtW Member of the Week and YCMember of the Week?[/b]
[i]If you are chosen as OtW Member of the Week, you are automatically promoted, and get 1-2 reps. [b][u]If you are chosen as YCMember of the Week, you are put into the YCMember Hall of Fame, and get 1 rep a day until your name is taken down from the front page.[/u][/b][/i][/quote]

[quote name='FTW (For The Wynn)' timestamp='1303489016' post='5159423']
I'm curious about it. I have not played Portal 1 though.
[/quote]
I haven't either, only played the demo, but it's old enough where pretty much everyone knows the basis of it.

EDIT: @Mask: accepted

[quote name='FTW (For The Wynn)' timestamp='1303489619' post='5159444']
I think Happy Mask Salesman feels a little overshadowed lol. I love OoT, but Majora's Mask is every bit as good.
[/quote]

No, I honestly feel Ocarina gets more then it deserves. It was good, yes, but calling it the best game of all time, or even best Legend of Zelda game of all time, is just silly.

I have a bias for Majora's Mask, yes, but I feel like Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks, WindWaker were all better games then Ocarina.

Ocarina didn't make me feel like the characters mattered at all. The only character I cared slightly about was Ruto or whatever her name was, and that's because Link's a jerk.

I cared in the other games I mentioned. In the end, that's what I look for in the 3D Zelda games. That and gameplay. Sure, people argue that Ocarina is better because it was the first to be 3D. Majora could have just as easily been in that position.

Majora gets hate because it both used the old and added new. Another show of fans being idiots.

Then you have the Zelda Purists who hate Majora's Mask because it didn't have Ganondorf. Big deal, Ganon's getting old.

Honestly? Yes, those games were better, but they also came after OoT, so I think it balances out. I mean, there are a great many games better than Pong too, but Pong remains a fan favorite because it was revolutionary. Same idea here. As for people hating Majora's Mask, everyone has their own opinion. I thought it was the evolution to an overall good game.

I'm not surprised by Black Ops being game of the week. It was a pretty fun game to play through, but it gets a lot more hype than I like. I mean, I love the story, but people only ever talk about how good the multi-player is. The multi-player is an important part, but I think the story/controls are most important.

Also, can I suggest a couple of OtW's for next week?

[b]Honestly? Yes, those games were better, but they also came after OoT, so I think it balances out.[/b]

[img]http://doulifee.com//Storage/aceatt/Gyakutenprosecutor/1-ani-edgeworth.gif[/img]

They're from the same series, have the same basic gameplay, and similar plots. The only differences are minor controls that honestly don't matter much. I don't judge by graphics. I prefer the way Ocarina and Majora look to Twilight Princess, but I like WindWaker's style more then both. That never influences my choice unless it makes a game unplayable.

[b]I mean, there are a great many games better than Pong too, but Pong remains a fan favorite because it was revolutionary[/b]

[img]http://doulifee.com//Storage/aceatt/Gyakutenprosecutor/1-ani-edgeworth-sup-wit-dat.gif[/img]

Pong was also one of the first video games ever. Of course it would be considered such.

Ocarina, however, just gets gets it because it was the first 3D Zelda game. My problem is the people who claim it's the best Zelda game because of that.

Also, you don't seem to like my comparing it to the other games in the series, more specifically the newer ones. You need to know something about the fandom. They compare everything to Ocarina of Time because many consider it the best in the series. We have ammo in the opposite. We can compare Ocarina to everything else.

Anyway, the Game of the Week changed, so this is over.

Black Ops, I haven't played it. Not a big fan of the genre.

I could compare it to Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, but that's a mute point for two reasons imo. The first being the change in Video Game OtW, the second being that Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are games for different systems. I wanted to keep it just to N64 for better side-by-side comparison.

@Niashi, not quite. Dane is right, it is one of the first, but not the first.

[quote name='Niashi Inumaki' timestamp='1303491349' post='5159516']
Pong is [i]one of[/i] the first video games ever?
It [i]is[/i] the first video game ever.
[/quote]

Actually no. There are video games before Pong for sure.

One is called Tennis for Two.

There is also another one called OXO, not quite sure about that one.

Trivial matters Niashi. It may be so, but it doesn't matter in the end.

[b]Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are games for different systems.[/b]

Twilight Princess and WindWaker are both made for the Gamecube. Twilight was just ported to the Wii since it was released when the Wii was just about to be launched.

[quote name='The Happy Mask Salesman' timestamp='1303491670' post='5159531']
Actually no. There [s]is a[/s] [b]are[/b] video games before Pong for sure.

One is called Tennis for Two.

There is also another one called OXO, not quite sure about that one.

Trivial matters Niashi. It may be so, but it doesn't matter in the end.

[b]Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are games for different systems.[/b]

Twilight Princess and WindWaker are both made for the GAmecube. Twilight was just ported to the Wii since it was released when the Wii was just about to be launched.
[/quote]

You'd think the Guiness Word Records would give the record for world's first video game to one of them then, huh?

[quote name='Niashi Inumaki' timestamp='1303491818' post='5159540']
You'd think the Guiness Word Records would give the record for world's first video game to one of them then, huh?
[/quote]

I wouldn't trust them.

You probably didn't even know about those two games until now. I actually didn't know there names til about a month ago when I stumbled across them on Youtube.

They aren't exactly well know. Tennis for Two was made in 1958, but it remained largely unknown until 1981.

Archived