Call of the Mummy - Discussion

Yeah I'm sorry' date=' your Zombie deck with Call of the Mummy must be really good then...[/quote']

[align=center]*Okay, i want to know if Call of the Mummy is bad or not because of that (Quote above)*

*I am not good at Zombie Decks, as i started running them a while ago*

*Call of the Mummy*

*Now, if you have no monsters you can easily summon monsters like*

*Despair from the Dark*

*Ryu Kokki*

*Il Blud*

*So i think this card is good, but i would not run about 3 of it maybe 1 or 2 since at sometimes this card is pretty useful since you can get high level monsters out on the field*

*Summon Despair, then Pyramid and get out Ryu Kokki or Il Blud*

*Discuss*[/align]

Running one would be a waste of deck space that you could've used for something better.

Don't get me wrong, Call is a decent theme support card. The problem is that's it's pretty much only useful in the early game. Zombies working the way they do, with Pyramid Turtle, Zombie and Il Blud, you should always have some kind of field presence.

Post your decklist, I might be able to help.

A Zombie side should principally be dedicated to counter Macro (and Burn to some extent).

Listen, if you like Call and want to run it, more power to you. I'm merely stating that it's not an optimal choice.

Like I've stated before, it's not like it's a bad card.

Running one would be a waste of deck space that you could've used for something better.

Don't get me wrong' date=' Call is a decent theme support card. The problem is that's it's pretty much only useful in the early game. Zombies working the way they do, with Pyramid Turtle, Zombie and Il Blud, you should always have some kind of field presence.

Post your decklist, I might be able to help.

[/quote']

No, not now and not ever.

Call is the single most basic and needed zombie support.

While zombies are easy to summon, it's easy to get rid of them as well. Also, most zombies have low stats, easily destroyed or fissured.

Call of the Mummy would have great potential if it was for another theme. Zombies already have plenty of cards that can do a better job. Pyramid Turtle can get the card from your deck. Il Blud can Special Summon from the Graveyard as well as the hand, and isn't useless just because you happen to have monsters on the field. It's no trouble to get out, because of Pyramid. There just isn't really room for a Call of the Mummy in a Zombie deck.

No' date=' not now and not ever.

[/quote']

k

Call is the single most basic and needed zombie support.

Book of Life would like a word with you. Also' date=' would you run 3x Call over 3x CoSR?

While zombies are easy to summon, it's easy to get rid of them as well. Also, most zombies have low stats, easily destroyed or fissured.

And we all know how useless a Zombie is in the graveyard right?

Guest Chaos Pudding

The problem with CotM is that it is Zombie support. If it was Beast or Machine, it would see so much more play. Zombies just have too much stuff that lets them Special Summon. I would Side 1 at the most, and never Main, unless for some reason your deck doesn't seem to be able to bring anything out fast enough.

Archived