Felgrand Dragon good for anything?

No' date=' Felgrand in my opinion is not to good of a card. You will never see this thing turning around duels for you when you have only 1000 life points left will you?

[/quote']

Opponent has attack-position Raiza, no backfield, and 3000 LP. You have an empty field with Felgrand Dragon and FGD in the grave, both sent there from the field. You topdeck Premature Burial.

>_> In other words, no, you never will. Outside of contrived theoretical situations that never happen.

So we both agree that Felgrand is useless. ^_^

No' date=' Felgrand in my opinion is not to good of a card. You will never see this thing turning around duels for you when you have only 1000 life points left will you?

[/quote']

Opponent has attack-position Raiza, no backfield, and 3000 LP. You have an empty field with Felgrand Dragon and FGD in the grave, both sent there from the field. You topdeck Premature Burial.

>_> In other words, no, you never will. Outside of contrived theoretical situations that never happen.

So we both agree that Felgrand is useless. ^_^

Naturally.

[/quote']

Tribute him to summon Horus LV 6, destroy one monster with him, tribute for LV 8, play Jinzo, lockdown....

Yes, I know how insanly hard that would be to pull off.

just do what ever you want to do, all cards require skill to use...and the more you practice against your friends with him, the more skillful you will become...use him only for beat down strategies, as for in-game tactics, here's a good one..

1st: Foolich burial, put in any high level monster you want from you deck to graveyard, except a Felgrand Dragon (which should be in your hand to use this)

2nd: Summon Kaiser Sea Horse, then use double summon, sacrfice Kaiser Sea Horse to get Felgrand out alot faster, put Alter For tribute and call of the haunted face-down (for traditional after March 1st, but for advanced before March 1st) end your turn,

Your opponent will think of a way to get rid of Felgrand, true, like a lightning vortex, he'll discard one card to activate it, use Alter for Tribute so you get 2800 lp, just to show him how cool you are, then he'll summon a monster to attack your lp directly, then you should use call of the Haunted to bring Felgrand back, and then activate his effect. Your opponent will most likely put like another card face-down and end their turn, because when call of the haunted is played, the battle stops (known as a relapse in my rule book.) his monster has to stay in attack mode...

there you go, not completely perfect, but it shows that skill can set his true potential..

just do what ever you want to do' date=' all cards require skill to use...and the more you practice against your friends with him, the more skillful you will become...use him only for beat down strategies, as for in-game tactics, here's a good one..

1st: Foolich burial, put in any high level monster you want from you deck to graveyard, except a Felgrand Dragon (which should be in your hand to use this)

2nd: Summon Kaiser Sea Horse, then use double summon, sacrfice Kaiser Sea Horse to get Felgrand out alot faster, put Alter For tribute and call of the haunted face-down (for traditional after March 1st, but for advanced before March 1st) end your turn,

Your opponent will think of a way to get rid of Felgrand, true, like a lightning vortex, he'll discard one card to activate it, use Alter for Tribute so you get 2800 lp, just to show him how cool you are, then he'll summon a monster to attack your lp directly, then you should use call of the Haunted to bring Felgrand back, and then activate his effect. Your opponent will most likely put like another card face-down and end their turn, because when call of the haunted is played, the battle stops (known as a relapse in my rule book.) his monster has to stay in attack mode...

there you go, not completely perfect, but it shows that skill can set his true potential..

[/quote']

... Your Stratagy fails....

By the time you have Felgrand ready for play, you should already have your pick of High levels in the graveyard.

Premature Burial/Shallow Grave/Spear Cretin all>Call of the haunted and can't be Jinzo'd...

But all in all, Felgrand is good for Dragon's Mirror and thats it.

I was just naming a tactic to use' date=' I do realize the counters for it, but if it's played successfully, you can really deal alot of damage...and it's good for a first turn not later in the duel

[/quote']

And then you get Plasma'd, Fissure'd, Draining Sheild'd, or Saku'd...

It's a stick, use it like one.

okay, you don't have to get mad at me, I was naming an example, it's not what I would use...though I do use Felgrand, but I would never use this startegy, I was just naming basic cards to use it with...just a harmless example, I should have put this "this stategy is only used if your opponent does not have any protection." But yet, it's too late...

Archived