Why is Cathedral of Nobles/Temple of the Kings banned?

Cathedral of Nobles was used for the Reverse Worlds FTK.

It doesn't see any play anywhere else' date=' it doesn't deserve a ban.

[/quote']

So activating a trap card at any time isn't good, huh? And being able to summon pretty much any monster when combined with another card must not be too good either :/

You activate that card and you get an automatic turn advantage.

[/quote']

So activating a trap card at any time isn't good, huh? And being able to summon pretty much any monster when combined with another card must not be too good either :/

^^ Failure at noticing sarcasm.

[/quote']

^^ Failure at noticing sarcasm.

No, it's not that I can't sense sarcasm, it's that there are too many idiots on the internet. And too many people who don't know how to show sarcasm.

Guest Chaos Pudding

As long as EotS is banned, I say allow this card. I mean, it's not like Traps are played that often, so maybe a boost would be nice for a list or two.

He wasn't sarcastic' date=' the ban is not necessary.

[/quote']

Exactly.

I don't think the Chick The Yellow combo works because doesn't Cathedral Of Nobles require you to set the card? It isn't Makyura which allows play from hand. If you're setting, you enter Main Phase 2.

Or am I missing something?

[/quote']

Exactly.

I don't think the Chick The Yellow combo works because doesn't Cathedral Of Nobles require you to set the card? It isn't Makyura which allows play from hand. If you're setting, you enter Main Phase 2.

Oops, I thought it was like Makyura. >_< It's still broken due to being able to summon anything from anywhere with no restrictions.

[/quote']

Exactly.

Oops, I thought it was like Makyura. >_< It's still broken due to being able to summon anything from anywhere with no restrictions.

You need both it, and Mystical Beast Serket on the field.

>_>;;;

[/quote']

Exactly.

You need both it, and Mystical Beast Serket on the field.

>_>;;;

Doesn't matter. If the effect read "Send this face-up card and 1 face-up "Mystical Beast Serket" you control to the Graveyard, to win the duel.", it would be banworthy just the same. And with the ability to ignore summoning conditions, I can see how it could be abused.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Plenty of cards ignore summoning conditions. I think the real reason it was banned is because it was a good card. I swear, E-Hero & Monarch proponents are bribing Upper Deck or something. At this rate, they'll be the only two playable decks left. Although you could just throw your own duel tournament and ignore the limitations...

It ignores summoning conditions?

I'm not sure.

If it does' date=' then we have a problem here.

[/quote']

*looks at card*

Nope, I was getting it mixed up with another card again.

The only banworthy thing about it that I can see is that, like Metamorphosis, certain Fusions *coughthecyberdragonfusionscough* are highly abusable. When said Fusions are banned, this card and Metamorphosis can return.

Archived