Yu-gi-oh!: The Wanderer [Grande Finale]

Agro

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Nope, just completely lost myself on what I wanted to do with the double duel. Plus school started getting REALLY tough. So now I want to get a few chapters done at once so that it would seem like the wait meant something.

• 1 month later...

MERRY CHRISTMAS

[spoiler='Chapter 14']

[b]Chapter 14[/b]

“Are you going to make a move, or what?” Shane tapped on his folded arm impatiently, the duel taking place seemingly months after he had ended his turn with a single set monster and spell/trap.

“He’s got a point, Ryouta…”

“I know, I know, give me a second…” Ryouta reached for a card before recoiling, he hadn’t thought about what cards he should use in tandem with Everett’s own, and as a result, he was having to think this all through now, and taking his sweet time doing it. Eventually he settled on one.

“I summon ‘Reborn Tengu’!” The winged creature arose from its card’s hologram and let out a shrill shriek. “Next I’ll return that Tengu to my hand to Special Summon my ‘Genex Ally Birdman’.”

The tengu disappeared behind a flurry of blistering winds before arising above the gall came the Birdman, almost like a mechanized version of its predecessor.

“But that’s not all. Since my Tengu left the field, another one will take its place.” Confirming the statement, an exact replica of the first Tengu appeared next to the Birdman. “And now, I’ll Synch my two monsters together!”

Birdman disappeared in a flash of stars, which then proceeded to surround the Tengu. “And now, I Synchro Summon, ‘Slipstream Darknight’!” A knight of dark green armor arose in a flash of light, swinging his great sword in the air in showmanship.

[spoiler='Slipstream Darknight']
WIND / Level 7
[Beast-Warrior / Synchro / Effect]
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WIND monsters
Once per turn, when your Opponent activates a Spell or Trap card: Discard 1 WIND monster; Negate the effects of all Spell/Trap cards until the End Phase. If you activate this effect this turn, at the End Phase of this turn: Tribute this card; Return 2 other WIND monsters from your Graveyard to your Deck, and Draw 2 cards.
ATK / 2200 DEF / 1000[/spoiler]

“Now, my knight, attack his set monster!” Ryouta shouted, quickly followed by a gust of air as the dark knight charged at his opponent.

“Not too keen on letting me keep a steady field, are we? Well too bad!” Shane lifted his arm, and his set trap card followed. “Activate now, ‘Dimensional Prison’! With this, I’ll banish your monster, and allowing my monster to survive.

“Haha, nice try there Shane. I guess you don’t know Darknight’s ability! By disacarding 1 WIND monster from my hand to the Graveyard,” Ryouta discarded his ‘Reborn Tengu’, “I can render all Spell and Trap cards on the field useless until the end of the turn!”

A giant blast of wind arose from behind Darknight, suppressing the Dimensional Prison, followed immediately by his sword, which slammed straight into the set monster, revealing itself to be ‘Evoltile Westlo’.

Shane grinned. “Well, even though you managed to break through my defenses this time, my Westlo’s ability now activates! From my deck, I Special Summon ‘Evolsaur Cerato’!”

A little orange dinosaur arose from the remains of Westlo. “And when he’s summoned, his attack is increased by 200!”

“2100?” Ryouta sighed, perhaps Shane had known his Darknight’s effect all along. “Well at the End Phase of my turn, since I activated Darknight’s effect, I’m forced to release him. But! Because I did, I can also shuffle 2 other WIND monsters into my deck and draw 2 cards!”

Ryouta smiled at the two cards he drew. “I’ll finish by setting two cards and ending my turn.

Ryouta took the two Tengu’s from his Graveyard and shuffled them into the deck before resolving his Darknight’s effect. “I’ll then set 3 cards and end my turn.”

“Very well then! My turn!” Davis drew his first card of the match. “Now, I summon! Jurrac Guaiba, in Attack Mode!”

The 1700 ATK fiery dinosaur arose to stand beside his cousin.

“Hm… so they’re using Evols and Jurracs?”

Ryouta turned to Everett in surprise. “Wait, what, you know what they are?”

“Uh, yeah, from a while back… also… we might be in for some trouble.”

“Right you are! Now, since you’re so wide open, how about I let our dinosaurs attack you directly! Go Cerato!”

“Not so fast, there. I activate my Quick-play Spell card! ‘Slipstream Spirits’! With this spell, I’m allowed to Special Summon 2 Slipstream Tokens to the field in defense to guard against your attack.”

[spoiler='Slipstream Spirits']
Spell / Quickplay
Special Summon 2 "Slipstream Tokens" (Fairy-Type/WIND/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position. These Tokens cannot be Tributed.[/spoiler]

“Wait, Ryouta, I don’t think that’s a good…” The two tokens arose in a gust of wind that drowned out Everett, “idea…”

Everett’s expression was quite the opposite of Davis’s. “Very well then! Evoltile Cerato, Jurrac Velo! Feed on his tokens!”

The two dinos lept from their respective places and chomped down on the two tokens, destroying them.

Ryouta grinned and gave a thumbs up to Everett, who replied simply by pointing back at Davis, who was just about to speak up.

“And now I activate both of my monster’s abilities!” Davis grinned vehemently. “Cerato first, with his effect, I can add any one ‘Evoltile’ monster from my deck to my hand, so I select ‘Evoltile Wallowace’! Next is ‘Velo’ which allows me to summon another Velo from my deck!”

Davis made his moves quickly, only undercut once by a quiet ‘Oh’ from Ryouta.

“Next I activate the effect of the ‘Evoltile Wallowace’ I just added! If I control an ‘Evolsaur’ monster, I’m allowed to discard him to the Graveyard to Special Summon one other ‘Evolsaur’ monster from my hand! So say hello to ‘Evolsaur Diplo’!”

[spoiler='Evoltile Wallowace']
FIRE / Level 2
[Reptile / Effect]
If you control an "Evolsaur" monster: You can discard this card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Evolsaur" monster from your hand.
ATK / 0 DEF / 200[/spoiler]

“Really? Even more?”

“Yes, Ryouta, and now I’ll use Diplo’s effect! You see, when he’s summoned by an ‘Evoltile’ monster, I can destroy 1 Spell or Trap card you control! So say goodbye to one of your set cards!”

“Oh, really? Fine then, I’ll chain the one you’re targeting! Go, ‘Reckless Greed’!” Ryouta chuckled. “So now, instead of losing one card, I’ll be gaining two. But I won’t be able to draw for two turns.”

“Oh, thanks.” Everett poked at Ryo.

“Oh, right… you won’t get them… sorry about that.”

Shane began laughing at the two. “How did such incompetent duelists possibly both get accepted into this school?”

“Really, I thought they did screenings to make sure people here weren’t mentally challenged.” Davis joked along.

“You know…” Everett’s face turned a bit harsher at the last line. “Some people might take offense to that.

“Oh I’m sorry, Mr. Bigshot. I forgot you played in the amateur league.” Shane cackled. “Davis! Continue!”

“Aye, aye. Now that I have 4 Level 4 monsters out, allow me to do a little Xyz summoning!”

“Xyz? Uh oh.”

“I told you.”

“I use my Two Velos for one, and Diplo and Cerato for another. Now, come forth together! ‘Evolzar Laggia’ and ‘Evolzar Dolkka’!”

“This is not good.” Everett cringed.

“Why’s that?” Ryouta turned, now looking a bit worried.

“Laggia and Dolkka, they’re the epitome of control monsters. The first, Laggia, can negate any one summon or any one Spell or Trap card.”

“You’re kidding me! That’s ridiculous, it’s just like a walking Solemn Judgment!”

“Exactly, and on the other side is Dolkka, who, twice, can negate any monster effect.”

“So, basically, what you’re telling me is that we have no way out of this.”

“Not at the moment.”

Ryouta cringed, looking over his hand for an answer. Knowing full well that if they didn’t get a way out of this by the end of his turn, they were as good as finished.

“This is it for you two.” Shane grinned. “Neither of your decks can stand against our Zaurs! Your Darkfires are all about quick finishes, while Slipstream is all about fluidity and making the Opponent’s field never stand still. You can’t possibly hope to defeat complete control!”

“Maybe… maybe…” Ryouta closed his eyes, there was only a small glimmer of hope left, and he needed to focus. Everett hadn’t even made a move yet and already Ryouta had put them into a terrible, terrible position to be.

“It’s alright, Ryo.”

Ryouta looked over at Everett.

“We both know we can find a way out of this. I’ll do my best, so, when the time comes, show them what you and your deck can really do.”

“Everett…”

Rhett smiled. “Yeah, bud?”

“That was the most vague and lame excuse for an inspirational speech I’ve ever heard.” Everett looked disappointingly back at Ryouta. “But thanks for trying anyway...”

Davis started again, “I’ll now set 3 cards and end my turn.”

“Alright, it’s about time!” Everett proclaimed as he drew for his turn. “And this looks like a good start. See, while you may have the ability to negate effects with your monsters, because they’re Xyz monsters, the amount of times that you can use your abilities is limited to the amount of materials you have left!”

Shane chuckled, “Maybe so, but still, you’ll lose a lot of resources trying to take out even one of them!”

“That may be true, but not in all instances! I activate ‘Darkflare Cannon’! By discarding one ‘Darkfire’ monster from my hand to the Graveyard, I can destroy one monster you control! And I think I’ll destroy your ‘Evolzar Dolkka’!”

[spoiler='Darkfire Cannon']Spell
Discard 1 "Darkfire" monster; Destroy 1 monster on the field.[/spoiler]

“Come now, Aalto, I’m not about to let that happen! I activate the effect of my ‘Evolzar Laggia’! By detaching two of his Xyz Materials, I can negate the effect of your card and destroy it!”

The flamers surrounding the fiery dragon shot out, encircling Everett’s card before crushing it into pieces, but Rhett didn’t cringe.

“Ah, well that’s too bad, but maybe this will work.” Everett threw another Spell card onto the field. “With your Laggia’s effect out of the way, I activate the Spell card ‘Dark Hole’!”

“Alright, Everett. That’s how it’s done!” Ryo cheered from the side.

“With this, I can now destroy every monster on the field! So say goodbye to your Zars!”

“You know, Aalto.” Davis cut in this time. “In any other situation, I’d say that was a brilliant move. However, you’ve failed to remember my set cards! I activate the Counter Trap card ‘Jurassic Degeneration’!”

[spoiler='Jurassic Regeneration']Trap / Counter
When a card that your Opponent controls would destroy 2 or more monsters that you control, including at least 1 Xyz Monster with no materials: You can negate the Effects of the card and destroy it. Then target 1 Xyz Monster you control with no materials and 2 monsters in your Graveyard that are correct materials for that Xyz Monster; Attack the two targeted monsters to the targeted Xyz Monster as Xyz materials.[/spoiler]

“Um, uh, Everett… what does that do?” Ryouta gulped.

Davis chuckled. “Well why don’t I tell you? Whenever a card that my Opponent controls would destroy two or more of my monsters, including at least 1 Xyz Monster with no materials that I control, by banishing one other Dinosaur-Type monster from my Graveyard, I can not only return both materials to that Xyz monster, but all monsters I control survive destruction. So thank you Aalto, you’ve just given my Laggia a power boost!”

Everett cringed. Not only did his Dark Hole do nothing to his opponents, but now his Opponent’s Laggia could negate another of his cards.

“Alright, Ryouta. Sorry I‘m making this tough for you.” Everett looked through his hand. “But I’m going to do everything I can to get this duel to you in the best shape I can so… yeah, I hope this works.”

“I’ll begin with the Spell Card ‘Heavy Storm’!”

“Which Laggia will negate yet again.” Davis chuckled as the two Xyz Materials turned into balls of fire that shot straight through Everett’s Spell.

Everett looked away, knowing he’d wasted one hell of a card. Still, with Laggia’s effects out of the way, Everett turned his attention to Dolkka. “I Normal Summon ‘Darkfire Avian’! And with his effect!”

[spoiler='Darkfire Avian']DARK / Level 3
[Pyro / Tuner]
When this card is Normal Summoned: target 1 "Darkfire" Monster in your Graveyard; shuffle it into your Deck.
ATK / 500 DEF / 700[/spoiler]

“What was that about effect?” Shane chuckled. “I activate Dolkka’s ability to negate it at the cost of a mere material.”

Just as Laggia’s materials before, one of Dolkka’s materials was engulfed in flames and struck Everett’s Avian straight through the chest, destroying it instantly.

“What the hell, Everett!” Ryouta screamed, “You’re wasting all of our resources.”

“And?”

“…that’s not a bad thing?”

“I dunno, maybe…” Everett picked up the last card in his hand and set it on the field. “Well then, I guess I have nothing else, your turn then, Shane.”

“Turning it over to me? Without a monster? You must have a death wish!”

“Maybe, why don’t you come over here and find out?”

[hr]

Isaac could hear the footsteps. Maybe Shane and Davis had already ended the duel. Maybe they’d just decided to send someone to take care of him. Knowing them, they’d at least kept someone outside, probably no one special, just, someone or some people who gave them a sense of control over the situation.

He could hear them yelling on the other side of the door, yelling at someone, probably some passerby who’d just stumbled down the wrong hallway.

Isaac looked out the window, he’d given all he had to this group, the security council. To think he may have just lost all trust, all respect he’d gained in the past year to one little duel, it was a painful thought.

Maybe he should get out of here. At least that’s what passed through his mind, he didn’t actually feel like doing it.

Finally, he heard the footsteps approach the door; they were heavy. Sounded like boots. Oh god, they’d sent a heavy hitter this time.

The door practically fell off its hinges as the large student walked in, the light from the hall bouncing off his blue coat and shading his face from Isaac’s view.

“So you’re Isaac?” The man smiled. “You’re a lot scrawnier than I remember.”

[hr]

“I activate the Spell Card, ‘Encompasing Flames’!” Shane threw the quickplay spell onto the field. “Now, because I control 2 or more FIRE monsters, all FIRE monsters I control become unaffected by any other Spell or Trap!”

[spoiler='Encompasing Flames']Spell / Quickplay
Activate only if you control 2 or more FIRE monsters. All FIRE monsters you control are unaffected by Spell/Trap card effects until the End Phase.[/spoiler]

“Meaning,” Davis chuckled, “You can’t do anything to our Zaurs while they rip you to shreds.”

“Exactly, so now, allow me to end this.”

“Oh, no.” Ryouta gasped as the two dragons reared their heads. “Everett, please tell me you have something!”

“Something?” Everett put on a blank face. “Oh, right something. Activate trap card!”

“Idiot! None of your traps can affect our monsters!”

“But I’m not going after your monsters.”

“What?!”

“I activate the Spell card, ‘Sudden Inferno’!” Everett’s smile began to curl. “By returning 1 ‘Darkfire’ monster in my Graveyard to my deck, I can negate your attack and end your Battle Phase.”

[spoiler='Sudden Inferno']Trap
When an Opponent's Monster declares a Direct Attack: target 1 "Darkfire" Monster in your Graveyard; shuffle it into your Deck: negate the attack and end the Battle Phase.[/spoiler]

“Damnit, I can’t believe we walked into that.”

“Oh, and I should remind you of the monster I returned. You remember ‘Darkfire Colt’, right? See, when he’s returned to the Deck, I can Special Summon him. Then take out one monster you control.”

[spoiler='Darkfire Colt']DARK / Level 4
[Pyro / Effect]
If this card is to the Deck from the Graveyard: Special Summoned it. When Special Summoned this way: Destroy 1 Attack Position Monster on the field. If Special Summoned this way, banish this card when it leaves the field.
ATK / 1900 DEF / 700[/spoiler]

“Maybe so, but Dolkka’s effect activates. It may not be able to stop your Special Summon, but it can negate your effects to destroy.”

Everett let out a sigh as his Colt disappeared to be placed into the banished zone. He’d successfully eliminated every one of the materials on Evolzar Dolkka and Laggia without taking any damage. Whatever happened next would be up to Ryouta.

Shane’s teeth grinded together. “Very well, I end my turn with 2 face-downs!”

“Or do you?”

“What are you talking about?”

This time it was Ryouta that held a demonic smile. “You rely a lot on control, meaning you rely a lot on that backrow, am I right?”

Shane’s frown was becoming completely apparent. “Your point?”

“My point is that you don’t have much control without it…. So why don’t I make a real dent in your plans.” Ryouta lifted his hand. “I activate the Trap Card, ‘Slipstream Trunade’! With this card, because you control 2 or more monsters than we do, by discarding 1 “Slipstream” monster from my hand to the Graveyard, I can return all Spell and Trap cards on the field to the hand. So say goodbye to those defenses!”

[spoiler='Slipstream Trunade']Trap
Activate only when your Opponent controls 2 or more monsters than you do. Discard 1 "Slipstream" monster; return all Spell/Trap cards on the field to the hand.[/spoiler]

“No!” Shane took a step back as a huge gust of winds knocked all his set cards back into his hand, leaving his field defenseless against whatever onslaught Ryouta had planned.

“Now, allow me to take this moment of weakness for you, and lock it into place.” Shane’s eyes widened. “By banishing one WIND monster and one DARK monster from my and my partner’s Graveyards, from my hand, I summon ‘Dark Simorgh’!”

A black wave of winds, erupted violently from Ryouta’s side of the field, laying low, swirling around Davis and Shane’s side in two separate typhoons whose centers where locked from the eyes of the giant black bird that now towered over the field.

“With Simorgh on the field you cannot set Spells, Traps, OR monsters. In other words, you can’t play defense.”

“Impossible.”

“You should learn never to say impossible when dueling me. And guess what, I’m not even finished!” Ryouta threw two other cards onto the field. “Now like before, I activate the Spell Card, ‘Slipstream Spirits’, allowing me to Summon 2 ‘Slipstream Tokens’ to my side of the field. Next I’ll Normal Summon ‘Skylord Tatsu’!”

[spoiler='Skylord Tatsu']WIND / Level 3
[Winged Beast / Tuner]
You can Special Summon this card from your hand by returning 1 WIND monster you control other than "Skylord Tatsu" to your hand. If you do, banish this card when it leaves the field. If this card returns from the field to the hand; Special Summon it.
ATK / 1400 DEF 1000[/spoiler]

“A Skylord?” Everett looked on at the new card Ryouta had just summoned.

“But she won’t be staying long, I return her to my hand to Special Summon ‘Genex Ally Birdman’! And when Tatsu is returned to the hand, I can Specail Summon it to the field once again!”

“Oh, no, those are both Tuner Monsters!”

“Oh, good, you noticed!” Now, I synch my Level 3 ‘Skylord Tatsu’ with the Level 1 token for my Level 4 Synchro Monster! From the endless skies above, descend! Skylord Druk!’”

[spoiler='Skylord Druk']
WIND / Level 4
[Winged Beast/Synchro/Effect]
1 "Skylord" Tuner + 1 or more WIND monsters
If this card destroys an Opponent's monster as a result of battle: Draw 1 card.
ATK / 1700 DEF / 1900[/spoiler]

The clouds above began to spin in circles, and in a flash of wind and lightning, a dragonic humanoid decended.

“Now, I still have more monsters, so I’ll synch my level 3 Birdman with the final token for my Level 4 ‘Armory Arm’ which I will then equip to my Skylord!” The mechanical arm formed from the remnance of its materials before equipping itself to the 1700 ATK Synchro monster, boosting it to be equal to his Simorgh.

Davis took two steps back. “Tha- That’s impossible!”

“Oh, and I’m not even done! Here comes the best part of it all! Dark Simorgh! Attack his Evolzar Dolkka!” The giant black bird needed only a mere flap of its wings to blow down the dragon, inflicting the first damage of the duel in the process. “And here’s the second blow! Skylord Druk, strike down his Laggia!”

Davis & Shane LP: 3600
Everett & Ryouta LP: 4000

The dragonic knight pulled a sword from an invisible sheath and charged at the beast, the blade glowing brightly, enhanced by the power of ‘Armory Arm’. Laggia cut cleanly in two, bursting as it disappeared. “Now ‘Armory Arm’s’ effect activates. You’ll take damage equal to all of your Laggia’s ATK!”

“Damn you!” Shane said as the mechanized arm shot a wave of energy, knocking him back and dropping his Life Points down to a mere 900. Still, Shane was not deterred. “Because you’ve cause damage to my life points while I do not control a card, I’m allowed to summon, from my hand, ‘Gorz the Emissary of Darkness’!”

The estranged humanoid arose in a veil of darkness, his blades surrounded by a dark aura.

“And now, HIS effect will take hold, inflicting to you, the same amount of damage that you just inflicted to me!” The aura surrounding the blade quickly reshaped to a shadowy form of the same Armory Arm that had just inflicted damage, mirroring the actions it’s predecessor had before and launching its own wave at Ryouta, knocking him off balance.

Davis & Shane LP: 900
Everett & Ryouta LP: 1600

“You have to be kidding me!” Ryouta looked through the remainder of his hand for some idea of how to counter this new threat. “Well, I’ll activate the effect of my ‘Druk’. When he destroys a monster as a result of battle, I can draw 1 card.”

Ryouta checked his next card swiftly before setting it and his other card, ending his turn.

“Aha, well then, it looks like it’s my turn!” Davis exclaimed as he drew his card. “Oh, now will you look at that!”

Davis and Shane exchanged glances. It looked as if they would be able to get over Ryouta’s defenses.

“Well let’s see, when it comes to problems, I’d say that your Simorgh poses the biggest one! So Gorz, attack his birdie!”

“Ha, you’re going to try to ram right over him? Sad to say that that won’t work this time! I activate my set card, ‘Forbidden Chalice!’ Now my Simorgh gains 400 ATK! Easily enough to overpower your Gorz!”

“Hold on,” Everett attempted to interrupt, “But if his effects are negated then…”

“It won’t matter!” Davis was cackling. “To your Chalice, I’ll chain my own forbidden spell! I activate ‘Forbidden Lance’! With this, not only do I render your Chalice useless, but it will also lower the ATK of your monster by 800!”

“Huh?! But that means!”

“Your Simorgh just got smoked.”

“Damn it- wait, really, was that supposed to be funny?”

“I think he was trying too hard.”

“I was not.”

“Keep telling yourself that, kid.”

“Shut up! Gorz, kill his bird!”

Gorz killed Ryouta’s bird. As it stood now, Davis and Shane held a slight lead over Ryouta and Everett, 900 to 800.

Davis’s cackle was ever present after Dark Simorgh’s demise, and to emphasize his reasoning, he set every remaining card in his hand. “Your move, Aalto. Make it worthwhile, since it’ll probably be your last!”

“Do you ever shut up?” Everett drew- now that Reckless Greed’s effect had worn off- and what he drew make him feel a whole lot better.

“I Normal Summon the Tuner monster, ‘Darkfire Oni’!” The level 1 little ball of flames behind an Oni mask spontaneously combusted onto the field. Everett almost winced in worry, if this one play was ruined here, he’d already lost.

But it wasn’t… in fact, Davis was grinning, as if nothing could be stopped. Everett supposed even he hadn’t researched all of the duels that he himself had played. And that would cost his opponent's here.

“Now I Synch my Level 4 ‘Skylord Druk’ with my level 1 ‘Darkfire Oni’!” Though his Opponents had no idea why, it was Everett who was grinning now. “I Synchro Summon ‘Darkfire Daruma!”

[spoiler='Darkfire Daruma']
DARK / Level 5
[Pyro / Synchro / Effect]
1 "Darkfire" monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
The Synchro Summon of this card cannot be negated. As long as this card remains face-up on the field: Neither player can activate set Spell/Trap cards during your turn. This card gains 300 ATK for every set card your Opponent controls.
ATK / 2100 DEF / 1300[/spoiler]

In a flurry of flames, a rather large Daruma, engulfed in the classic dark blue flames appeared besides Everett.

“You think I’ll be afraid of some burning monkey?! I’ve seen Pokémon more intimidating than that!”

“Maybe you have. But Daruma here has a little ability that you may not know. First off, as long as he’s on the field, you can’t activate any of your set cards.”

“What?! None of them?”

“None of them. Secondly, he gains 300 ATK for every set Spell or Trap card you control. And if I’m counting correctly, you just set four.”

The Daruma quickly grew, its ATK raising from its base 2100 to 3300.

“So now it looks like my monster overpowers yours by about 600. It may not be enough to defeat you here and now but…” Everett trailed off as he saw Ryouta out of the corner of his eye waving around and pointing at his set card. “What?”

“Oh, yeah, um… you know how, that one time, I used Gust Fan, and it did stuff.”

Everett remembered the incident from their first duel. “Yeah? What about it?”

“Well… I kinda sometimes use random equip spells on occasion…”

“And?” Ryouta’s only response to Everett was to point at his set card, and after checking the card through his duel disk, he realized why it mattered.

“Oh, you have got to be kidding me, I activate my set ‘Fighting Spirit’ and equip it to ‘Darkfire Daruma’.” The equip spell lit up, embossing the monkey in its aura. “So, Daruma gains 300 ATK for every monster you control. You have one… that’s 900 more than Gorz… well. Yeah, Daruma attack.”

“Oh, really?” Shane whined.

“Apparently.”

“Deal with it, b*tch.”

Daruma leapt acrobatically into the air before coming down hard on Gorz, destroying it in a blaze of ennobled stupidity, and reducing Shane and Davis’s Life Points to zero.

“So… we won?”

“We won!” Ryouta ran over and jumped on Everett.

“Settle down, damnit. Ow, you hit my eye with your duel disk, watch it!”

Shane grimaced, not at all satisfied with the results of the duel. He and Davis were undoubtedly out of the running for the tournament, and as it stood, Ryouta and Everett had just become the proud and rightful owners of two full sets of the keycards.

“What do we do, Shane? We’re officially out of this tournament, and by rule, the cards are theirs.”

Shane grinned back, “Well, if they can get them from us, that is. I had a few of our guys on standby in case a situation like this developed.”

Shane lifted his hand to his face, aligning his watch with a radio connected to his comrades with his mouth.

“It’s time to clean house.”

“Ryouta get off me!” Everett yelled from the other side of the now hologram-less field, and as his friend did, he was able to focus on addressing their now defeated opponents. “Alright then, that’s it, right? Give us back the keycards.”

“Hah!” Shane looked bemused. “Did you honestly believe that would happen?”

“Lousy snakes.” Ryouta jumped in. “I should have known you’d try to pull something…”

“Yes, you should have.” Shane’s once tense posture slowly relaxed itself, especially after he heard the sound of heavy boots stomping up behind him. “But it’s a bit too late at this point.”

“Um, Shane…?” Davis looked a bit uneasy.

Shane turned his lead slightly to the left, motioning to the man behind him. “Why don’t you show these boys out?”

“Oh wait.” Ryouta put on a look of sudden recollection. “I did know.”

“Shane!”

“What, Davis!” Shane spat, turning his head just to catch the fist coming at him out of the corner of his eye.

The knuckle landed straight on the top of his noggin, knocking him out cold in what Leland would describe as…

“You know, Michael, I’d say that may have been the most comical knock-out I’ve ever seen someone pull off.” Michael nodded in agreement.

“I dunno, it just seemed like it fit him.”

“Michael! Leland! What are you doing here?” Everett chuckled. “More unexpectedly, what are you two doing here… together?”

“That’d be my doing.” Ryouta mused. “After Shane sent out that e-mail, I sent a message to them to find out what they were up to. Michael, because of his knowledge from back when he was a member, and Lele because…”

Ryouta looked over at Leland, who was currently hunched over Davis, terrorizing the ever-loving s*** out of him.

“Yeah, I’m still working on that, but anyway. I don’t think Davis or Shane had the keycards, so did you find them?”

Michael let out a bellow of a laugh. “Yes! Actually, we didn’t find them, er, I didn’t find them, I think Leland was off doing something else the whole time… well anyway, while I was searching, there was someone else who did.”

“That person being…?”

Michael smiled and stepped aside to let the smaller figure finally be noticed by the rest of the group.

“Isaac?”

“Um, hi Ryouta.” Isaac was looking quite embarrassed, which was to be expected. After all, he was the person that had started the whole ordeal in the first place. But this time he looked to be a bit more friendly, holding a bag in front of him that looked conspicuously like the one that was stolen from Ryouta. “You should find all the key cards in there, as well as Davis and Shane’s. Altogether, it should be enough to get you both on to the tournament round.”

“Yeah, but do we own them?” Everett questioned pessimistically.

“If I recall,” Ryouta interjected, “In a tag duel, the keycards can be split up whichever way the winning team decides. So as long as all the cards in here are mine, Davis, Shane, or… Isaac’s…”

Isaac nodded, prodding Ryouta on.

“Then it should be fine, I’ll only take one from the tag duel, giving me enough, and you’ll take the rest, giving you enough.”

“Ah, so you’ve got enough to join us?” Leland smiled, still somewhat menacingly from his act towards Davis.

“Us?”

“Both Ryouta and I ran into quite a few Security Club members while we were looking around.” Michael explained. “Safe to say we dueled quite a few of them.

The whole group chuckled… save the unconscious Shane and mentally disturbed Davis.

“Looks like we’ll all be seeing each other in the tournament.”

“We’d better.”

[hr]

“Hmm. How unfortunate.” Teodoro stood up from the desk he’d moved over to the window of the club building to watch the tag duel. “I guess that if I want to teach them a lesson, I’ll have to do it myself. One by one.”

Teo picked up his bag, and looked over the 5 keycards he’d collected resting on the desk. “And I know just where to do it.
[/spoiler]

Just like to note, since I'm not sure if I did this last duel, but I'm only posting stuff for Created Cards now, any real cards, I'm sure, you can find on your own or know already.

A bit late, but better late than never.

It's nice to see this fic again, since i used to read it before i got an account. And you have kept your talent over the long gap.

Sorry that its not a massive review, but the duel was good, and nice to see Evokaisers not owning every time they turn up.

Look forwards to the next chapter.

No no, that's fine for a review. I only really expect that from a few members.

Though there is one thing I noticed...
[quote name='HiveNet' timestamp='1343045140' post='5986259']
A bit late
[/quote]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1343061744' post='5986362']
No no, that's fine for a review. I only really expect that from a few members.

Though there is one thing I noticed...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[/quote]

I will do a proper review of the whole thing eventually. Its just.. I'm lazy. And sorry about the being late remark. I couldn't resist.

[quote name='HiveNet' timestamp='1343063370' post='5986386']
I will do a proper review of the whole thing eventually. Its just.. I'm lazy. And sorry about the being late remark. I couldn't resist.
[/quote]It's funny because the last chapter was posted 3 months ago.

Also, don't talk to ME about lazy.

I liked the new chapter, but it was more or less hard to follow, without really any mention of their LP, until Everett and Ryouta won. I am also really lazy and don't typically do math while reading, and I don't want to go find a calculator right now, so it would be extremely helpful to constantly show the Life Points, to make it easier for the reader.

[quote name='Randomflyingobjects' timestamp='1343104616' post='5987142']
I liked the new chapter, but it was more or less hard to follow, without really any mention of their LP, until Everett and Ryouta won. I am also really lazy and don't typically do math while reading, and I don't want to go find a calculator right now, so it would be extremely helpful to constantly show the Life Points, to make it easier for the reader.
[/quote]I'll consider it. Though there wasn't any Life Point change till about the time Dark Simorgh attacked.

Naw, I'll go edit it now.

EDIT: Done

What's with people all reading it and not commenting. DON'T YOU PEOPLE KNOW I LOVE YOU WHEN YOU POST?

Oh, also, Bump.

I'm also starting to work out a plan to work on certain things one at a time so that I don't completely lose track of stuff for 5 months again. Let's hope it works.

Archived