Yu-gi-oh!: The Wanderer [Grande Finale]

Agro

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agro do you wait for someone to comment on something in Creative writing before bumping? As you have it on standby for that specific moment.

OT: Rereading through the chapters. When i have, i'll give you an in depth review of everything. Currently, i'm halfway through chapter one. Going by my reading rate, i should have it done by the weekend. So yeah, i hope you'll find that helpful. Probably not, but a man can hope.

Well, the duel was somewhat interesting. I like Everett's personality quite a bit, but I'm still anticipating seeing him in a situation where he's actually worried in some way, just because I think it would be an interesting twist on character development.

Of course the Chapter was good. Do you think we'll get the next one before Valentine's Day...?

Anyway, I apologize for the delay; I've been off the computer for the past few days handling some actual IRL issues and whatnot, but I'm all caught up now, which means you can do the same with Accel. :D

[quote name='- Neo -' timestamp='1344274757' post='5998876']
Well, the duel was somewhat interesting. I like Everett's personality quite a bit, but I'm still anticipating seeing him in a situation where he's actually worried in some way, just because I think it would be an interesting twist on character development.

Of course the Chapter was good. Do you think we'll get the next one before Valentine's Day...?

Anyway, I apologize for the delay; I've been off the computer for the past few days handling some actual IRL issues and whatnot, but I'm all caught up now, which means you can do the same with Accel. :D
[/quote]Understandable. And you can take a look at my other fic I did a one-shot for. 8'D

Debating whether or not to continue it. (It's that Elemental blah blah blah one).

I'm writing between 3 different things, plus other things that completely control my attention for no good reason...

Anyway, I've got the story mapped out about till the end of the tourney... though I'm just having trouble writing the inbetween.

Either way, thanks for finally commenting.

Great and fun chapter, as always Agro.

A few notes:

I don't know if I understood wrong, but in his first move, did Ryouta set cards in his end phase?

I think Everett should have used Storm before Hole...

Darkfire Daruma should be 1 "Darkfire" [u]Tuner[/u] monster, and I think he's a little overpowered.

But don't worry, I loved the chapter.

• 8 months later...

LET'S SKIP FIFTY HUNDRED CHAPTERS TO GET TO THE FINALE!

The Wanderer

CHAPTER : Finale

New Cards Used in Chapter: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/301534-night-is-darkest-before-the-dawn/

Any other new cards, you can find through Yugioh Wikia or Dueling Network... and they're so common that if you don't know them, wellllll sucks to be you.

Also, I totally didn't put my name in here and do some things to give this chapter greater meaning than it would have had otherwise. Totally. /sarcasm

BEGIN

When the smoke had cleared, Everett was on his knees, struggling to get back up. He’d managed to finally break through Don Selenfried’s virtually perfect defenses and now he’d have to fight back from another virtually insurmountable deficit.

Don laughed maniacally. “Is that really all you have? You only have eight-hundred life points left and this is all you have to show for it? I must say I am deeply disappointed.”

Everything about don, from his sharply cut hair, prominent canines, ice-like eyes, to his knack to dress more formally than anyone around him, all drove his sharp tongue harder into Everett’s emotional wounds.

Had he wasted all this time just to get to this point and lose? He’d changed so much since he finally started making friends again. Ever since he met Leland again. Ever since he met Ryo, Carina, Sylvia, Michael, Professor Grey. Hell, even Teo. He felt like he’d grown.

Hell, he’d even abandoned his old deck. A deck seeded in hate and longing for times past. Continuously trying to bring itself back and to revive itself. The Darkfires were, in essence, an emblem of what he once was. He’d given them up, even though the reason for their creation, a means to search for revenge for the person responsible for killing his parents, remained at large. The person standing in front of him at this very moment.

He’d changed himself. And it could all lead to him losing it all in an instant. For nothing.

“Tick, tick, Everett!” The smile on Don’s face was lovable enough to punch without question. “Remember how this duel works, if you don’t move fast enough…”

Don put out his hand in a fist and turned it down, ending with his thumb pointing down, towards the streets below the tower on whose ceiling they were standing on.

Don was always the sadistic type. He’d built this tower in case his plan wouldn’t succeed. It was all set up for him. All this time. Frankly, Everett couldn’t even think his whole thought process through. At least not until Don explained his plan moments before their duel.

The platform they dueled upon had nothing beneath it. No floors. Nothing. It was set up in between the two spires of his building, and it was set to blow. Don had layed out the terms of the duel quite clearly. Either Everett would lose and his half would automatically be destroyed, sending him crashing down fifty stories to the concrete below, or Everett would do the same to Don. Whomever’s Life Points reached zero first die.

Don was convinced he hadn’t changed. That’s what this was all about. To prove to Everett that he was still the same old hateful boy he’d been the last time they’d met. So willing to take a life in the name of vengeance.

Maybe he was right, but Everett didn’t care at this point. Don needed to be stopped. He’d caused too much pain. He’d taken over Industrial Illusions and used it’s grip on society to drain the souls of too many duelists. Everett couldn’t let him leave here freely.

“Your move,” Everett said solemnly.

Don chuckled. Even though his hand only had one card, his Graveyard had many more, and it was that of which Everett feared the most. Don drew his card for turn.

“Ah, excellent. I activate from my hand, Gold Sarcophagus! With this, I banish from my deck, Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders!”

Here it comes. They were only a few turns in, but Don had been using the cards he forced his company to create for him all duel. He’d been almost unstoppable. Until now.

“Now, since Redox has been banished, I can activate his effect!”

“Not this time!” Everett pushed a hand forward, activating his only card on the field. “I activate the trap card, Solar Flare! With this, I can banish the Daybreaker Mech – Ohka from my Graveyard to summon one Daybreaker Token to my side of the field. And while that token may be destroyed at the End Phase of my turn, for now, it gains Ohka’s effects! While it’s on the field, the effects of all your monsters that are banished or in the Graveyard are negated.”

Everett sighed as a light appeared on the duel field, reshaping into a mechanized canine. He’d bought himself a turn.

“Very well then, Everett. I’ll let you play around for one more turn. Your move.”

Everett drew as the token disappeared, putting his cards in hand to two. Thankfully, it was just what he was hoping for. “I normal summon Aggro, Night’s End Swordsman!”

The twin-sword wielding knight arose from the hologram’s light, looking quite ominous within his many tattered cloaks.

“And with his effect, I can now Special Summon one Night’s End monster from my Graveyard. I summon Night’s End Sorcerer!”

With a laugh, a little white-haired reaper with large floppy ears jumped up and took a seat on the swordman’s shoulder.

“Now I activate Sorcerer’s effect. When he’s Synchro Summoned, I can banish up to two cards from your Graveyard. I’ll choose Blaster and Tidal.” Everett cringed as the words left his mouth.

“Ah, since you’ve been so kind as to banish them, I’ll activate their respective effects. When they are banished, I may add from my deck to my hand one Dragon-Type monster of the same type, so I’ll be adding another Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls, and Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks!”

He may not have liked the additional monsters he was giving Don, but the faster he removed those Dragons, the better chance he had of winning.

“Now, since Sorcerer is a tuner, I can tune him to my Swordsman for a level six synchro monster!” Everett raised his hand into the air as the generic synchro hologram animation appeared, as a blaze of light appeared, encapsulating his two monsters, he announced, “I Synchro Summon Daybreaker Paladin – Aggro!”

The same swordsman appeared atop a strong-looking black horse, this time without his cloaks and both him and his steed wearing white and gold armor.

“Now I activate my paladin’s effect! When he’s Synchro Summoned, I can banish up to five cards from your Graveyard. So I’ll take out your remaining monsters.”

Don broke out into a fit of laughter. “You idiot? You’re going to give me even more cards? Very well then, your funera-.“

“Not exactly, Don.” Everett put out a smile of his own. “You see, when I activate Daybreaker Paladin’s effect, for the remainder of the turn, no cards that are banished can activate their effects.”

Everett chuckled under his breath when, for a split second, Don showed some resemblance of a negative reaction.

“Fine then. I didn’t need them anyway.”

“Now that you’re wide open, allow me to show you what it feels like to get hit when you’re weakest! Aggro, attack!”

The paladin charged forward upon his steed, thrusting his lance forward and knocking Don back a few feet, inflicting a total of 2600 to his life points.

“Is that all?” Don chuckled. “I was expecting more. Here, I even had a Swift Scarecrow I didn’t use.”

Everett frowned at the taunt. He’d keep that card in mind.

“I set one card. Your move, Don.”

“Yes, excellent. I draw.” Don grinned in ecstasy as he saw his next card. “I discard Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks and Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms to Special Summon Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos from my deck! Then I’ll banish Burner and Tempest from my Graveyard to Special Summon Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls!”

Steam, in force, seemed to radiate from the two dragons as they erupted onto the field.

“Tempest’s effect now activates, so I’ll add one Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts from my Deck to my hand. Now,” Don clapped his hands, smirking, “I will use my two Dragons as Xyz Material. I Xyz Summon Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack!”

Above the platform, flying up above, descended a giant airplane with a gruesome face like a dragon’s head roaring even louder than its engines down at Everett.

“And now, by detaching one of its Xyz Materials, I can Special Summon two Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens!”

Two smaller versions of Dracossack appeared alongside the larger plane.

“You going to tribute one of them to destroy Aggro, Don?”

Don chuckled. He created these cards, so he was well aware of the paladin’s second effect, which would wipe out all of Don’s monsters if he even dared to destroy it by card effect.

“Don’t be silly. You see, at the moment, our monsters have the same attack power, meaning if they were to battle, they would both be destroyed. Thankfully, while there’s a token on the field, Dracossack won’t fall victim to that trivial problem! Now, Dracossack, attack!”

The Dragon let loose a volley of gunfire from its mouth, Aggro attempted to respond, throwing up a beam of light in defense, but it was overcome by the defensive barrier the tokens provided and the paladin fell to the ground in a blaze of smoke.

“Oh, so much for your prized monsters. Next turn, I’ll finish you off!”

“Thanks, but I’m not done.” Everett smirked, while Don looked curiously on. “I activate my set trap card Day Break! With this card, I can banish my paladin from my Graveyard, alongside the tuner, Sorcerer, and bring out a new beast! I Synchro Summon, Rising Sun – Aggro!”

The paladin appeared again, looking much like what he had looked like before, but this time, riding a dragon as a steed and sitting at 2900 ATK.

Don finally cringed himself, realizing he’d miscalculated. Everett could tell he wasn’t as pleased with his decision. He could detached Blaster and then summoned it as well to overcome both monsters, but he’d been having so much fun toying with him, that he’d detached Tempest instead. “Very well then, you can make your move.”

“I draw!” Everett glanced at the card, his eyes glistening for a moment before redirecting his attention back to the field. “Now, I attack your token with Aggro!”

The dragoon flew up towards one of the tokens and with one fell slash, the plane exploded into millions of tiny hologram pieces.

“Is that all you can muster with such a strong monster?” Don was quickly silenced as the dragoon came around, taking a swipe at and destroying the second token. “What?”

“What’s the matter, Don? I thought you knew all these effects. When Rising Sun – Aggro destroys a monster by battle, he can attack again right in a row. Oh, and here’s the best part, each time he does, you take an extra six hundred points of damage!”

The shards from the first two planes came down upon Don, hitting him for 1200 out of his life points.

“Now for Dracossack!” The dragon didn’t even bother cutting it up this time, Aggro’s Dragon charged the monster, grabbing it by its wings and pulling it into a nosedive, letting it drop, crashing into the field on top of Don. When the dust finally settled, Don stood at 3300 life points. “Now I attack directly for 2900!”

“Not so quick, remember, I still have Swift Scarecrow!” Don sent the card from his hand to the Graveyard, ending the battle phase as it stood.

Everett sighed. He’d calculated everything right so far, and yet Don’s deck was far to much for him to overcome at this point. His only chance now was the last card in his hand. “I’ll set one card and end my turn.”

“Excellent! My draw!” Don broke out into a maniacal laughter. “This is your last turn, Everett.”

Damn, was he right about that one.

“Through Gold Sarcophagus’s effect, I now add Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Boulders to my hand! Now I’ll discard Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts and Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls to special summon another Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms from my deck! Next, I’ll banish Tempest and Tidal from my Graveyard to summon Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos from my Graveyard! Tempest and Tidal’s effects now activate! And I add to my hand Lightning and Stream! Now I discard those two cards, to special summon another Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls from my deck!”

Dragons of all different colors and sizes seemed to be flying all over the field as Don made his move. When all came still, there were three dragons facing down the Rising Sun, but all three of them were weaker than Everett’s remaining monster. There was only one way this was going to end.

“Now! For my grande finale! I overlay Tidal and Tempest! Come forth, my most powerful monster! Number 11: Big Eye!”

Clouds formed around the top of the tower, and from it descended something giant... albeit very absurd looking, at least to Everett, who couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle that was easily drowned out by the harrowing winds.

Above Everett and Don now floated a giant upside-down cylinder with one gigantic eye.

“Wow. Impressive.”

“Now, allow me to end you the same way I made your family kill each other! I activate the effects of Number 11: Big Eye! By detaching one Xyz Material from my monster, I can take control of your precious monster!”

Everett sighed. He knew it would end this way. It may not have been the same circumstances, vengeance was not involved this time. This time he was protecting the people he cared about. And this time, he wouldn’t let Don escape.

“I activate my set trap card! Blaze of Glory!”

Don looked on wide-eyed, “How did you get that card? There was only one printed in the world!”

“Let’s just say I have some friends in high places.” If he somehow got out of this alive, Everett was going to have to thank Ryouta for the gift… and probably his brother for winning it on the national stage.

“With this card, when you try to target a monster of mine with an effect, I can take it out alongside one of your monsters, then you’ll take damage equal to the attack of your destroyed monster. So now, I sacrifice my Rising Sun - Aggro to destroy Number 11: Big Eye!”

Aggro became encased in flames, and with them he charged straight-forward into the giant Big Eye. In an explosion overtaking the entire tower, both monsters came crashing down onto the middle of the platform. Don was now down to 700 life points, but as the remaining dust began to clear, he was laughing just the same.

“You idiot! You’ve left yourself wide open! You’ve got nothing left! I knew you were foolish, but wow, you’ve really outdone yourself-.”

Don was cut off when he saw Everett’s peacefully delighted expression, and when he saw the remains of his two monsters, he realized why.

“You seem to have forgotten the Rising Sun’s final effect, Don.”

“No, it can’t be!”

“Yes, sir. When Rising Sun – Aggro is destroyed. It’ll take out another monster on the field, then both of us will take two-thousand points of damage.”

“Are you mad?! Will both die!”

“Exactly.”

A new, panicked look emerged on Don’s face. “No, no, this can’t be happening. It’s not supposed to end like this!”

Everett turned his attention away from Don for a fleeting second and looked down from the platform over the city. Somewhere down below, Leland, Ryouta, Carina… everybody was watching on. Knowing Lele, they were probably fighting with the security guards to get into the building.

“You bastard!” Don was continuing to yell. “I’ll kill you myself before I let you have the chance to take us both down!”

Don charged at Everett, going at a sprint with his arms outreached, going for his neck.

Rising Sun – Aggro, effect activate! Supernova!”

As Don crossed over the hologram of the dying sun, it erupted into flames, quickly beginning to envelop the field, and knocking Don straight back in the explosion. And as the light came up to meet Everett, he closed his eyes and thought about all his friends, everyone he’d met along the way. Everyone that made him who he was today.

“Sayonara, guys.”

Everett stepped into the light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbvQ9g1bCYs

Skipping 50 hundred chapters to get to the finale=not the best idea. I started reading this, and I'm all: 'Did I miss something?', because you were on Chapter 14, which featured a simple duel and a tournament and stuff, and the next thing I know, Everette is having a huge showdown against some random guy. Kind of pointless, the way you ended it. He's thinking about how much he's developed because of his friends... when the entire story was about fourteen, fifteen chapters. Probably would have been more sentimental or thought-provoking if we'd read the entire story. And who is this guy, who is apparently evil enough for a sacrifice to be made to kill him, and for some reason hates Everette? Actually, I think this was a chapter that you decided to type up so that you could be done with this thing. More likely than not, anyway.

Archived