Simochi and Material Dragon?

The user who has Bad Reaction to Simochi on their side of the field will be unable to decrease the Life Points of the opponent who has Prime Material Dragon on their side of the field. So the, the person who has Prime Material Dragon will be able to gain Life Points.

If one person has both Prime Material Dragon and Bad Reaction of Simochi on their side of the field, it will result their opponent in gaining Life Points.

Prime Material Dragon is actually playable and doesnt require other cards to use its effect.

PMD > Many cards

One of the best Monsters in PTDN.

It wasn't a usability question. If you thought it was, then you should probably have read the post xP

And if it was just randomly, then I agree with you. Prime Material could actually be useful in decks such as Monarchs.

@The Warrior: But how?

I especially wonder because of that one rule (might even be called the Master's rule. I don't keep to date with exactitudes) states that the turn player's card activates first. (For cards such as Sangan and Black Pendant)

Then again, they do say that Prime Material's effect activates instantly as opposed to as a chain.. But wouldn't Simochi's as well? But I guess it's possible that the effect would lose timing... I'm just confusing myself more @.@

We haven't had a ruling yet that I've seen, so we don't know for sure. One of these two possibilities will probably be true:

1. It could be that whichever card was on the field first is the one whose effect is dominant, a process commonly used for direct conflicts like this. Whichever card that was placed face-up on the field first has its effect applied; the other is ignored.

2. It's possible that they'll revert to the "one activation per chain" that they use to resolve some problems with loops. For example, Light and Darkness Dragon's effect can only activate once per chain, mainly since otherwise it would keep trying to negate itself until it drained all its own DEF and was unable to continue. This would mean that one effect would activate, then the other would activate in response, and in the end it would be like nothing happened for the purposes of everything except cards like Chain Strike and Accumulated Fortune.

Those two are the most likely rulings. It's also possible that:

3. They might decide that the two effects do not directly conflict each other, and therefore that any card with an effect that alters Life Points cannot be activated while both are on the field, as it would result in an infinite loop.

4. They might decide that the effects do not stack, and therefore that one effect cannot respond to the other. In other words, any effect that alters Life Points would be reversed; Meteor of Destruction would heal, while Gift Card would inflict damage.

However, 1 and 2 are more likely.

Also, Prime Material Dragon is universal side deck material against burn.

Prime Material Dragon is actually playable and doesnt require other cards to use its effect.

PMD > Many cards

One of the best Monsters in PTDN.

It wasn't a usability question. If you thought it was' date=' then you should probably have read the post xP

And if it was just randomly, then I agree with you. Prime Material could actually be useful in decks such as Monarchs.

@The Warrior: But how?

I especially wonder because of that one rule (might even be called the Master's rule. I don't keep to date with exactitudes) states that the turn player's card activates first. (For cards such as Sangan and Black Pendant)

Then again, they do say that Prime Material's effect activates instantly as opposed to as a chain.. But wouldn't Simochi's as well? But I guess it's possible that the effect would lose timing... I'm just confusing myself more @.@

[/quote']

The fact that Prime Material Dragon is more usable...MAKES IT BETTER.

use it over Bad Reaction.

i know that doesnt answer the question.

If Crab's #2 is true (and I am reading this correctly)' date=' then people would run Bad Reaction in their burn decks so they could counter negate/increase effects.

[/quote']

No. Number two means that if your LP went up, bad reaction would activate first, and then PMD would increase your LP.

If one took damage, then PMD would activate, and Bad Reaction would take out the damage all the same.

In other words. Nothing changes.

If Crab's #2 is true (and I am reading this correctly)' date=' then people would run Bad Reaction in their burn decks so they could counter negate/increase effects.

[/quote']

No. Number two means that if your LP went up, bad reaction would activate first, and then PMD would increase your LP.

If one took damage, then PMD would activate, and Bad Reaction would take out the damage all the same.

In other words. Nothing changes.

My point was that nothing would change. If you're running a burn deck, you don't want your opponent gaining Life Points on you with Material Dragon o.O

Archived