Rainbow Neos argument

Ok. Me and my friends were arguing whether you can or not use substitutions for Rainbow Neos.

My argument: You can't , bc the text says "Above Fusion Materials" and King of the Swamp doesn't change his name in substitutions.

Their argument: You can, bc King of the Swamp is treated as the selected Fusion Material. And you can't use Phantom of Chaos to fuse Neos and Rainbow Dragon (as Phantom of Chaos) to summon Rainbow Neos.

PLZ, tell me they are yanking my chain and that I'm right. (Though I wish you could use substitutes.)

Konami must change the text of Rainbow Neos. If they can do that to Stratos, they can do it on Rainbow Neos. In fact, they should change all the E-Heroes.

Fiend Skull Dragon's Effect:

A Fusion Summon of this monster can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material Monsters. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, negate the effects of Flip Effect Monsters. Negate the effects of a Trap Card that targets this card and destroy it.

Ruling:

FIEND SKULL DRAGON

You cannot use substitute Fusion Material Monsters such as "Beastking of the Swamps" to Fusion Summon this card. You can use the effects of "Metamorphosis", "Magical Scientist", and "Summoner of Illusions" to Special Summon this card.

Prisma won't work (according to Konami), because the OCG text on Ranbow Neos says: "E・HERO Neos" + Card with "Ultimate Gem God" in its name.

According to Konami, Prisma cannot be used because the fusion materials required are not stated exactly on Ranbow Neos.

UDE will have a hard time explaining this though, since the TCG Rainbow Neos actually states "Rainbow Dragon" or "Rainbow Dark Dragon"... although the "or" part may stop Prisma from being used.

Prisma won't work (according to Konami)' date=' because the OCG text on Ranbow Neos says: "E・HERO Neos" + Card with "Ultimate Gem God" in its name.

According to Konami, Prisma cannot be used because the fusion materials required are not stated exactly on Ranbow Neos.

UDE will have a hard time explaining this though, since the TCG Rainbow Neos actually states "Rainbow Dragon" or "Rainbow Dark Dragon"... although the "or" part may stop Prisma from being used.

[/quote']

The "or" part should not stop Prismer's effect from being used since it's just listing what the Fusion Material Monsters are. Plus, the anime used this effect to get Rainbow Neos out in the first place. It seems kind of stupid to screw this combination up. Plus, in an E-Hero/Neos deck it would be pretty difficult to get this fusion out without the assistance of Prismer.

Archived