All books by Darren Shan

DARKPLANT RISING

I'v only read "Cirque De Freak" & "The Demonata". Haven't read the last book for "The Demonata" though I know what happens anyways cause I love spoilers.

As for him as an Author. I really do enjoy his work because imo opinion he makes you think about what your reading. Like at the very end of "Cirque De Freak".

I'd read more of his stuff but I haven't been able to get myself to the library.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='EHN.' timestamp='1322686360' post='5676710']
Darren Shan is the cousin of one of my best friends at school.

ujelly?
[/quote]

YES I AM JELLY!

On the other hand I have only read about 7 of the mangas from Cirque Du Freak...

• 4 weeks later...

The Thin Executioner is OK, but the saga of Darren Shan, and saga of Larten Crepsely....brilliant. I hated the Demonata, read the first like 150 pages of the first book and could hardly believe it was by the same guy...

Movie was mehtacular.

Met him twice though, he's been in Laois twice. I was there. So epic.

And have the first 6 Cirque du Freak books, in a collection, in their little display box, signed. And Thin Executioner signed.

Rambling incoherent post FTW.

• 2 weeks later...

Cirque Du Freak is probably his only piece of work suited for anyone to read (The Saga of Larten Crepsley is only meant to be read after it).

The Thin Executioner is a completely different genre of story (more Lake of Souls and less Sons of Destiny), but it's pretty enjoyable too. Also, I loved how he named two particular characters after two infamous people (you'll get it if you read it).

The Demonata Saga and the CITY are pretty damn gory, and not the Elfen Lied gore in which it has a moral to the story. These stories use gore to amplify the Lovecraftian Horror, so it depends on your liking.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived