LOCK

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry I came across in anything but an open and accepting manor because that's really what I meant. I just read a comic about this were Ernest Hemingway comes back from the dead and does an interview about a book he wrote. The interviewer talks about how the book is so deep and Hemingway says that he really only meant the book as a story about a man who goes fishing. This is similar to how you read a lot more into my comment than I wrote. It was meant to be taken at face value. I was truly interested to hear what you had to say.

Guest Mr. Striker

It's supposed to, while promoting something much more. Excessiveness of it will be noted and the member would be punished accordingly, as it would be a vivid dodge of the "rule" but hardly a healthy one. As my rules are built for flexibility, as are the conditions that I warn and punish people; for maximum expression of ideas.

Understood. Since that was my main concern, I'll give my support.

As someone who moderates RC, I support this whole-heartedly. It would be far easier to implement than everyone seems to be making it out to be, and I am in favour of a Trial Week. We simply post an announcement detailing the RC Advanced Clause and threaten to delete the posts of all who do not abide by it. We don't issue warnings, that would be too harsh.

And let's not forget the person who invented this whole "Good Reviews = Good Environment" thing.

Guest -Tsubaki-

...I won't lie, I'm wholeheartedly against this idea for the simple fact a member will do everything in their power to get this taken down and it will most probably be a success if said person uses the same tactics they did in the past. :mellow:

Guest Icyblue

They've done it several times before. And what's to stop them from doing it again?

... Because the one person with the weight to support them, doesn't want to carry that anymore.

Guest PikaPerson01
Minimum of 3 to 4 points at the card, as well as one personal remark providing their own likeness. Which should average at least 3-4 sentences

Like Striker says, even within the rules you make people will fight and make their "points" as short as possible to get the 3-4 sentences. I assume you'd eventually get the bare minimum of the bare minimum, someone making a template:

[Good/Bad] OCG. [Good/bad] effect. [Good/Bad] art. [number]/10.

It follows all of your rules yet is still a piece of crap as a post.

I think what bugs me most about this is that the response is just "lol, okey dokey". How can you say you support intelligent discussions while also saying you support posts like the above? Just doesn't make sense to me. =\

We simply post an announcement detailing the RC Advanced Clause and threaten to delete the posts of all who do not abide by it. We don't issue warnings, that would be too harsh.

*blank stare*

As someone who (very frequently) uses the warn system in her own section, I don't see why something like using the warn system could possibly be considered "too harsh". I mean, seeing a slowly rising bar and a popup "[link] Pika hates you. xoxox PikaPerson01" tends to... actually see a change in behaviour, from what I've seen at least.

Besides, most people post in the topics all at once, come back the next day (when a whole slew of new topics are on the front page) and forget all about the posts they've already made.

You're not telling people how and why the things that they are doing are incorrect, which means you will continue to have this incorrect behaviour until it is addressed, and by then some posters may grow complacent and not agree or not see it your way.

Would you at least agree to Warn but, do so in a "not increasing warn level" way? That way it's not "too harsh", but it does, in general, tell people what they did wrong and show what posting styles are not acceptable?

Guest Icyblue

12 words minimum per sentence then?

"This is a good card." - 5 words

"This card has good OCG." - 5 words

"Doesnt seem too broken." - 4 words

"Seems creative enough." - 3 words

The general 4 outlined required sentences per post. Amounting to a total of 17/48 minimum, a little over one third the actual required amount if you were to bareskin a post. 12 SEEMS fine?

Guest Icyblue

I think we should all take Pikas advice. She went from a section that used to get threads with 9 pages straight spam to an actually good section.

Pika made a comment, not a suggestion; and I will not tolerate a TCG attitude in CC. Refer to my post.

Guest PikaPerson01

12 words minimum per sentence then?

"This is a good card." - 5 words

"This card has good OCG." - 5 words

"Doesnt seem too broken." - 4 words

"Seems creative enough." - 3 words

The general 4 outlined required sentences per post. Amounting to a total of 17/48 minimum, a little over one third the actual required amount if you were to bareskin a post. 12 SEEMS fine?

That has the same problem, doesn't it? People will still eventually start template-ing,

Instead of:

[Good/Bad] OCG. [Good/bad] effect. [Good/Bad] art. [number]/10.

It'll just be:

This card has [Good/Bad] OCG. This card has a [Good/bad] effect. This card has [Good/Bad] art. If I had to rate it, I would give it a [number]/10.

You may think I'm really getting on your case here, but the point of this suggestion was to make Realistic Cards actually harbor more intelligent conversations and set some standards, not to just have the same stuff except put in a different way.

Pika made a comment, not a suggestion; and I will not tolerate a TCG attitude in CC. Refer to my post.

... What's wrong with the way TCG is moderated? =|

TCG attitude really has nothing to do with what Pika posted. Pika suggested that you actually warn people who don't follow the system when you put it in place, rather than just going "meh, delete". You guys can warn without increasing warn level right?

TCG attitude really has nothing to do with what Pika posted. Pika suggested that you actually warn people who don't follow the system when you put it in place, rather than just going "meh, delete". You guys can warn without increasing warn level right?

No one notices a warn w/o an increase. You have to physically click on your warn level to see the statement warning you. It's that bar under your name suddenly more filled that makes someone notice it.

Guest Angel Lever

You can do the motions of increasing a warn yet have the warn level not increase. You still get the notification that a mod wants you to knock it off, but you don't get 1/10th of the way closer to a 3 day ban.

I don't think people actually receive notification of any kind when they get warned. They only find out they got warned by clicking on their warn status, and they're usually only going to do this when they notice a change in their warn bar.

For my own 2 cents on the subject, I think the rule has good intentions, but not necessarily that it'll do much for the better. With the RP section, people making reasonable posts was incredibly crucial to the progression of the RP, since a lot had to do with building off the previous post.

And in the TCG, I dont know off-hand if Pika/etc necessarily made stricter rules about content, but the lack of worthwhile content was enforced. Maybe making stricter rules on what is considered constructive criticism would benefit the section, but making a line minimum or template in the same vein as the Advanced Clause might be ineffectual or just plain tedious.

Guest PikaPerson01

I don't think people actually receive notification of any kind when they get warned.

I don't wanna turn this into a "no u" contest, so we can figure this out in two or three ways or whatever.

1: Ask a person who was warned if they got a popup.

2: Ask a volunteer if they can help us out.

3: Not-increase warns on ourselves.

I'm fairly certain you get a notification (like you would if you set yourself up for that start), but I can't say with 100 percent sure. Feel free to Not Warn Increase me and I'll tell you if it works.

Guest PikaPerson01

Just tested it a bunch, and apparently I am mistaken. Oh wells.

In any case, increase/decrease warn level also has a the option to send a PM. I dunno, I just figure that if you don't tell people that they're doing things incorrectly... they'll assume they're on the straight and narrow until they're told that they're doing things wrong.

I do it by increasing warns. You should do it... by however you want to do it, but I strongly advise it gets done, even in friendly PMs and such. I don't think it's so wild or ridiculous or something that people actually get feedback if they're doing something wrong.

Archived