LOCK

Guest Icyblue

... What's wrong with the way TCG is moderated? =|

Nothing at all, in fact I frequent how the TCG mods handle stuff for advice. But when mentioning TCG, and another section people frequently want the others to be like there (with the whole internet attitude and all). And if not my draft, then what? I can't think of anything else that wouldnt force some kind of standardization and the degree of flexibility I require. I want it to be expressive, flexibility, intentional loopholes that can be punished for using etc.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why punish for unhelpful posts? Just because some feedback isn't helpful, doesn't mean there are no members that provide good feedback. Just simply reward the good that is being done.

Even if you enacted this, I would suggest limiting it to Realistic Cards. Members who post well thought-out cards want (for the most part) in-depth feedback. But is there anything wrong with someone posting a "Peter Griffin" card in Pop Culture or Any Other Card and a member replying with, "lol I love family guy"? Regardless if no actual help is given, they're both expressing their similar interests.

Who knows. WC would get more visits that way. (Though to be fair it might as well be a TCG subforum because really only TCG people go there when they come up with a genius idea).

Why punish for unhelpful posts? Just because some feedback isn't helpful, doesn't mean there are no members that provide good feedback. Just simply reward the good that is being done.

And how do we reword people. 2000 points? Allowing them to view the mod forum and nothing else? There's really no reward here that could make me want to do that kind of stuff :/

Why isn't Written Cards a sub-forum within Realistic Cards, come to think of it?

I've seen some cards in WC that would fit a lot better in AoC than RC.

Guest Icyblue

I've seen some cards in WC that would fit a lot better in AoC than RC.

Amen, and we've all posted such cards there. WC is better as its own individual.

Also, any drafts of this rule must contain some degree of tangibility... *walks off hoping Mikhail/LCC can handle*.

I think the idea of a minimum line requirement is ridiculous because you can say good things about the card without writing a paragraph. It seems like a lot of members (and the section is practically dead as it is), don't feel incentive to comment as it is, so saying "now if you comment, you need to write 3-4 lines", is only going to drive them away and reduce the feedback you get, which actually counteracts Welche's intended point from the getgo.

It's possible to comment on a card saying something like "Interesting card, I could definitely see it's usability in [Deck A]. Looks as though it would combo well with [Card A]. Have to see the rest of the cards to make my final judgment, etc.". And actually start a conversation which (though shorter) might help the members in the long run.

All I'm saying is the section's hardly active as it is, so enforcing this even stricter requirement isn't going to increase your chances of getting help with your card.

Pika made a comment, not a suggestion; and I will not tolerate a TCG attitude in CC. Refer to my post.

One thinks that perhaps this is a little arrogant or sweeping. Pika has probably done the best moderating job in any section in the history of YCM, along with MarbleZone's restoration of General from the wreck left by Huntar and *ahem*. I'm also unsure of what you mean by allowing C.C. and myself to deal with this - first of all, this is RC-exclusive. C.C. moderates AoC and Contests. Second of all, can we perhaps discuss this separately (ideally via PM as I can't use MSN on this computer)? One might perhaps suggest that such a major rule change would require more deliberation than a single thread.

In response to Star's post, a single review befitting of the RC Advanced Clause criteria would be more helpful than several pages of one-line posts and ill-informed ratings out of ten. By introducing more strict regulations, only the genuinely dedicated members will post, so the overall quality of the section will improve. And RC is hardly active? Sure, it is not nearly as active as it was in the halcyon days of 2008 when J-Max was rampant and I was posting attachments, but a thread if left alone for a day will disappear without a trace. And I imagine many of us here would rather a section where your thread has more than twenty-two hours to fish for comments! Also, your example post pretty much fits all previously clarified requirements for RC Advanced Clause, making your point moot.

:D

I understand what you mean; by not active I just meant like, the activity of actual, helpful posts of members interacting and providing useful comments as opposed to "nice card 8/10", which I guess in some ways really does make my point invalid, but I think it would be great if we had a section of members actually commenting and providing interesting discussion on cards.

• 2 weeks later...

One thinks that perhaps this is a little arrogant or sweeping. Pika has probably done the best moderating job in any section in the history of YCM, along with MarbleZone's restoration of General from the wreck left by Huntar and *ahem*. I'm also unsure of what you mean by allowing C.C. and myself to deal with this - first of all, this is RC-exclusive. C.C. moderates AoC and Contests. Second of all, can we perhaps discuss this separately (ideally via PM as I can't use MSN on this computer)? One might perhaps suggest that such a major rule change would require more deliberation than a single thread.

In response to Star's post, a single review befitting of the RC Advanced Clause criteria would be more helpful than several pages of one-line posts and ill-informed ratings out of ten. By introducing more strict regulations, only the genuinely dedicated members will post, so the overall quality of the section will improve. And RC is hardly active? Sure, it is not nearly as active as it was in the halcyon days of 2008 when J-Max was rampant and I was posting attachments, but a thread if left alone for a day will disappear without a trace. And I imagine many of us here would rather a section where your thread has more than twenty-two hours to fish for comments! Also, your example post pretty much fits all previously clarified requirements for RC Advanced Clause, making your point moot.

:D

You sir have bought a huge smile to my face. Ahhh the memories :3

Archived