Burn Deck Support(Inferno, The Armored Pyromancer)[EDITED]

Nede

[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8413/451325.jpg[/img]

Once per turn, when your FIRE monster(s) is targeted by a Spell or Trap Card is activated: You can pay 800 to banish this card from your Graveyard, negate the activation. When you inflict atleast 800 damage to your opponent's Life Points by a FIRE monster's card effect, return this card to your Graveyard.

[quote name='Evil Tristan' timestamp='1319420870' post='5596983']
[Burn]'s one of those flawed concepts, similar to auto win conditions. It's either so good it's broken, which Konami hasn't even managed yet, or it's too bad to warrant using, which Konami has more than managed to succeed in doing.
[/quote]

This goes for this as well.

In this card's case it downright sucks in Burn. Firstly, if Burn requires stopping S/T to win, something is terribly wrong. Secondly, if Burn requires monsters that don't lockdown, inflict dmg instantly, or let you draw cards, something is terribly wrong.

As for first, that's because good burn decks should focus on the concept, and do nothing more. As for second, that's because Normal Summoning is nearly unneeded in Burn. In normal decks Monsters fight and the S/T is used for aid, but in Burn S/T fight and Monsters are used for aid.

This card belongs in neither category. It requires a Normal Summon that you should be using on that Marsh or Des Koala or Lava Golem or whatever. Oh look, it's not only that; it also requires its destruction. And don't even start on the idea of running Foolish Burial in Burn.

Overall, you can say this card doesn't work as good Burn support. That's all I've got to say and-

Except no. Because guess what, this card's real potential is in how it acts as a friggin near-free S/T blocker that utilizies the Graveyard (800 LP doesn't matter, really. You can inflict 4k or so in a turn with ease anyways). This will be tech'd into many decks, particulary ones utilizing Milling Engines like the Lightsworns, and will ravage the format. It'll be pretty damn good, but not in the deck you were aiming for.

I'm not sure on how to fix this, really. But if I must:

During your End Phase, while this card was in the Graveyard, if you did not inflict Effect Damage to your opponent this turn: Banish this card. By Banishing this card from your Graveyard, negate the activation of a Spell/Trap card and destroy it. If you inflicted Effect Damage while this card was Banished, you can return it to the Graveyard.

And that remains "Terrible".

My advice: Don't make Burn support.

[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1320830049' post='5628105']
This goes for this as well.

In this card's case it downright sucks in Burn. Firstly, if Burn requires stopping S/T to win, something is terribly wrong. Secondly, if Burn requires monsters that don't lockdown, inflict dmg instantly, or let you draw cards, something is terribly wrong.

As for first, that's because good burn decks should focus on the concept, and do nothing more. As for second, that's because Normal Summoning is nearly unneeded in Burn. In normal decks Monsters fight and the S/T is used for aid, but in Burn S/T fight and Monsters are used for aid.

This card belongs in neither category. It requires a Normal Summon that you should be using on that Marsh or Des Koala or Lava Golem or whatever. Oh look, it's not only that; it also requires its destruction. And don't even start on the idea of running Foolish Burial in Burn.

Overall, you can say this card doesn't work as good Burn support. That's all I've got to say and-

Except no. Because guess what, this card's real potential is in how it acts as a friggin near-free S/T blocker that utilizies the Graveyard (800 LP doesn't matter, really. You can inflict 4k or so in a turn with ease anyways). This will be tech'd into many decks, particulary ones utilizing Milling Engines like the Lightsworns, and will ravage the format. It'll be pretty damn good, but not in the deck you were aiming for.

I'm not sure on how to fix this, really. But if I must:

During your End Phase, while this card was in the Graveyard, if you did not inflict Effect Damage to your opponent this turn: Banish this card. By Banishing this card from your Graveyard, negate the activation of a Spell/Trap card and destroy it. If you inflicted Effect Damage while this card was Banished, you can return it to the Graveyard.

And that remains "Terrible".

My advice: Don't make Burn support.
[/quote]
So is this card good or should I change or add anything?

And about your suggestion, "By Banishing this card from your Graveyard, negate the activation of a Spell/Trap card and destroy it" Free? No cost? Isn't it Oped?

*Facepalm* You're saying that Solemn Warning and Solemn Judgment were bad because they require life costs. I took out the cost clause because it wouldn't change anything.

My idea of the fix will render it useless. It HAS to be useless, because otherwise it'll break the meta.

In other words, making Burn cards itself is a bad idea.

[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1320842197' post='5628143']
*Facepalm* You're saying that Solemn Warning and Solemn Judgment were bad because they require life costs. I took out the cost clause because it wouldn't change anything.

My idea of the fix will render it useless. It HAS to be useless, because otherwise it'll break the meta.

In other words, making Burn cards itself is a bad idea.
[/quote]
It will? Okay I'll take your fix, I'll fix it tomorrow. And should I negate the monster's effect too or not? ATK, DEF, and Level is already fine, right? Or not?

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1320861159' post='5628524']
the burn effects aren't anything bad, Hell Heat

only problem is for the last effect you should have made it do more than just returning it to the graveyard
[/quote]
Like what? I return it to the Graveyard so it can activate it's effect again and that is "Once per turn, when a Spell or
Trap Card is activated: You can
pay 800 to banish this card
from your Graveyard, negate
the activation." What else?

Archived