First Cards *Hides*

Arrogant Mage, Aiden
Level 4
Dark. Spellcaster/Effect
This card cannot attack if it is the only monster you control
ATK: 2200 DEF: 800

Just because I don't think I've seen this particular drawback before, correct me if wrong.

Battle Angel, Rosemary
Level 5
Light. Fairy/Effect
When battling a monster with a higher level, this card gains 200 ATK x the difference in level until after Damage Calculation.
ATK: 2200 DEF: 1600

Vampire Trickster
Level 4
Dark. Fiend/Effect
When this card battles a monster, switch the original ATK and DEF of that monster until the end of the Damage Step.
ATK: 1500 DEF: 1000

So here are my 1st cards, I'm very much a Noob so tell me what I did wrong, or if the cards are just plain bad.

hmm, lets see. You may want to lower mage's ATK a bit, or raise its level

Rosemary: ", this monster gains 200 (make it 200) ATK times the number of levels your target has more than this monster."

Vampire: its way to OP'd., 1) force it to switch when it attacks, and make it attack at least once per turn. 2) raise its level, maybe to 5 or 6

that's about it. go to google images or deviantart, find good pics, and make these into legit cards. more people will rate them then.

Sup. Interesting stuff, I recon.

Your Arrogant Mage, Aiden makes me lol. The effect complement's its effect so much. xD
Anyway...I can't help but think that the ATK for it is a little bit much, or else raise its level. Granted guys like Zombyra The Dark has the same ATK at lvl 4, but has a drawback effect which decreased its attack.

Battle Angel, Rosemary is also quite interesting. But 400x?! That's like...a lot. It has the potential to skyrocket in ATK strength. I recon something small like...200x.
Also, wording. You may want to say "until after Damage Calculation." instead of "during Damage Calculation only."

Vampire Trickster
The effect as it makes you allow whether to or whether not to activate its effect. I think it'll be more interesting and demand more strategy to just for it to be a definite effect. Maybe also raise its level because its a pretty rad effect...eps. against guys with 0 DEF. Just what I think. For wording for this, check this out: [url="http://images.wikia.com/yugioh/images/2/28/ShieldSwordDB2-EN-C-UE.jpg"]http://images.wikia.com/yugioh/images/2/28/ShieldSwordDB2-EN-C-UE.jpg[/url]

Welcome.

[quote name='Lord_Cow_Cow' timestamp='1320836487' post='5628120']
Arrogant Mage, Aiden
Level 4
Dark. Spellcaster/Effect
This card cannot attack if it is the only monster you control
ATK: 2000 DEF: 800

[b]There are now level 4's with this ATK and no drawback, so other than being a spellcaster and getting all their support this is arguably underpowered.[/b]

Battle Angel, Rosemary
Level 5
Light. Fairy/Effect
When battling a monster with a higher level, this card gains 200 ATK x the difference in level until after Damage Calculation.
ATK: 2000 DEF: 1600

[b]Fine and delicate as is. 2600 ATK against level 8's will take some like Stardust but not all, so seems fair. Nothing to set the world alight but certainly not terrible.[/b]

Vampire Trickster
Level 4
Dark. Fiend/Effect
When this card battles a monster, switch the original ATK and DEF of that monster until the end of the Damage Step.
ATK: 1500 DEF: 1000

[b]Trippy, don't think its necessarily OP because how many of today's big beatstick attacks have less than 1500 DEF? Leviath Dragon, erm...[/b]
[/quote]

Also, ignore Quizzler and stay in WC section. Less reviews but much more insightful comments than the standard RC comment of just 'I luv it 8/10 :)'

[quote name='Tigerstar10' timestamp='1320885603' post='5629391']
Your mage may be a bit too good. Special summon decks could get around its negative on the first turn.
[b]Yeah, I don't know where to put him ATK wise[/b]
Rosemary might not always be able to take on tougher monsters, but its ATK increasing could save you from losing that turn.
I am not sure as to how Trickster's effect helps, but I will go with it.
[b]Well, if it goes up against a card like my mage, it would destroy it. Basically it's a counter to the huge ATK monsters with crappy DEF.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='Verz Bahamut' timestamp='1320868468' post='5628710']
Less reviews but much more insightful comments than the standard RC comment of just 'I luv it 8/10 :)'
[/quote]

Not to mention you don't have to picture hunt, which is the original reason I came here.

As for the cards:

The first card, I don't see a problem here. I don't think the limitation on it is necessary. I think it necessary that it [u]have[/u] a limitation, but I don't think that the one it has currently is a practical limitation.

Similarly, with the second card, its gain is too impractical. This can be remedied by increasing its original ATK, so it can actually make use of the effect.

I really like the third monster. Decent stats for its level, and an effect that does a lot for it. Good.

All together, [s]i luv it 8/10[/s] I can see potential, you just need to experiment more.

looks good to me, bro. Take this skill and creativity and put it towards like an archetype or even your own deck. You can go far, all you have to do is try

@Verz yeah, good point. Its just, I see more of an accurate depiction of how good something are if there is more things shaping it.

Ok, It seems that the angel is giving me the most trouble.
The limitation for the mage is not going to change unless I get many suggestions to change it, It's one that I haven't seen, and it fits the character (yes, there's a character but he's mine so it isn't Pop Culture... yet.)

Also, I have found pictures for these, but after seeing the types of responses in Realistic cards, vs. the ones here, I think I'm staying here for the most part.

Archived