what's the general vibe of DN?

UnmagicMushroom

yeah...I just joined the beloved dueling network the other day. took me a while to construct a deck that I think is okay >.< gosh it's been forever since I actually played the game hehe....but it's still fresh in my mind, I never forgot how to play...plus my in-game strategy-brain is good - probably from playing chess lol...
anyway. so title says it. what is the general vibe on DN? I feel like a random traipsing myself into a forum - if I can call it that - and be like "sup. duel?" you know what I mean? maybe. maybe not. what things that you recon I should know before I put my neck on the line? :P

orly?
1) take game waaay to seriously?
2) olololololadolescenceololololol?
3) just general a__hol_s?
4) all of the above?

Anyway. thanks for the heads up. ah...my self-esteem is pretty high anyway, what random faceless internet people direct towards me really doesn't make any difference to me (no offence - most people in THIS forum seem rad)
:D

[quote name='UnmagicMushroom' timestamp='1320930332' post='5630567']
most people in THIS forum seem rad[/quote]

It's just that terrible people can't live in the harsh enviroment of YCM, leaving only the good members.

My advice: Only duel people with Exp of over 100. Members have Rating and Exp that you can see easily (For instance, in my case it says 1089/741, meaning I have 1089 Rating and 741 Exp).

People with under 100 Exp have an overall tendacy of being retards.

People with over 100 Exp have an overall tendacy of being SLIGHTLY better.

Like [quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1320932817' post='5630610']
[/quote]

Hahaha that's me, right? xD
Seriously, I tried like one duel - the duel system went weeee over my head. Looked at the only guide I could find: "oh it's quite simple and self-explanatory" it says. I'm like, "**** I feel retarded!"
Don't get me wrong, I am by no means a duel n00b (the game for me is quite "old hat" - except deck construction hehe, I take forever) and I formulate what I want to do for the turn pretty quickly in my head - but damn I failed so hard and felt like a chop.
.......need.......ropes.......

[quote name='UnmagicMushroom' timestamp='1320930332' post='5630567']
orly?
1) take game waaay to seriously?
2) olololololadolescenceololololol?
3) just general a__hol_s?
4) all of the above?

Anyway. thanks for the heads up. ah...my self-esteem is pretty high anyway, what random faceless internet people direct towards me really doesn't make any difference to me (no offence - most people in THIS forum seem rad)
:D
[/quote]I'd say 4... look out

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle' timestamp='1320951122' post='5631013']
Full of idiots.

But we still use it.
[/quote]

Again, this.
Still, it can be comedic at times when a person curses you off for "somehow" setting down a Vanity's Fiend on their tried-and-true Tengu-plant deck.
Rage can be so funny at times.
Especially there.

DN depresses me for some reason. Its like, i dont want to lose because it sucks to put work into a deck and it doesnt work the way you want it to, and i dont want to win because im going to make someone else feel that way.

All i do in real is just make cheap decks like blackwings and screw around.

Also sucks when you have a super slow computer and dudes play super fast like theres no way i could have a response with three backrow. X-Sabers OTKed me 'cause he boggarted and had two faultrolls. I was like "Uh, i was gonna play warning, but uh, yea :/ ..." I just dont like the kind of people that yugioh attracts i guess.
Do i not like myself? *philosoraptor chin scratch*

[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1320932817' post='5630610']
It's just that terrible people can't live in the harsh enviroment of YCM, leaving only the good members.

My advice: Only duel people with Exp of over 100. Members have Rating and Exp that you can see easily (For instance, in my case it says 1089/741, meaning I have 1089 Rating and 741 Exp).

People with over 100 Exp have an overall tendacy of being SLIGHTLY better.
[/quote]

*checks rating and Exp*

Good sir, I take serious offense to that statement!

But in all seriouness, I rarely get on DN, and when I do it's usually random unrated duels or duels with people from here. The rest of the time I'm dueling in real life. So I have an excuse for low ratings.

On the topic of DN itself, I laugh at the idiots on there. Here are a few situations that show what you may or may not see.

Opponent (Op for short) - *summons Tour Guide*
Me - *activates Chain Disappearence*
Op - *quits*

Op - *summons Zenmaines and ends*
Me - *uses Dark Hole and ends and says Zenmaines is dead*
Op - *argues*
Me - *explains how*
Op - *quits*

Op - *summons strong machines and clears the field*
Me - *summons Cyber Dragon and fuses for Chimeratech Fortress Dragon (did I get the name right?)*
Op - *quits*

Me - *opens up first hand with Shooting Star Dragon*
Op - *claims I top decked, calls me names, quits*

You get the idea.

[quote name='Dwarven King' timestamp='1321085661' post='5634406']
Op - *summons strong machines and clears the field*
Me - *summons Cyber Dragon and fuses for Chimeratech Fortress Dragon (did I get the name right?)*
Op - *quits*
[/quote]
I have yet to do this, but i plan to invest in a chimeratech soon. Hello Karakuri player, would you like to duel? lol

There are so many people running Karakuri at my locals too. Speaking of which, Billy Brake and Samuel Pedigo go to my locals weekly. Its pretty funny actually.

[quote name='Dwarven King' timestamp='1321085661' post='5634406']

Op - *summons Zenmaines and ends*
Me - *uses Dark Hole and ends and says Zenmaines is dead*
Op - *argues*
Me - *explains how*
Op - *quits*
[/quote]

Doesn't Zenmaines detach 1 to escape full destruction? Or am I just confused with my Wind-up Xyzs. :/

[quote name='Light Υagami' timestamp='1320875209' post='5628953']
The infinitive amounts of idiots and arrogance.
[/quote]STORYTIME! :D

So I was dueling, and as you all know, my rating isn't that high because I don't do random matches in rated all that often. Because everyone's an idiot.

Anyway, I'm dueling this one guy, and the first thing he says is: "haha, noob." I laugh. Then proceed to OTK him with a non-OTK deck D:<

Archived