Where the heck is the Skyrim topic?

Chaos Pudding

[quote name='Admiral Tim' timestamp='1321139275' post='5635824']
Looks awesome but my parents don't allow me to play M rated games. Watched the trailer and.... Is it all the bad?
[/quote]

It's no worse than Oblivion, and the only reason Oblivion is an M game is because there was code in there for naked people.

[quote name='Admiral Tim' timestamp='1321316445' post='5642217']
really? So is there nudity?
[/quote]

I didn't say that. I said that there was code for it in the game. Modders uncovered it, and since it wasn't added there by them and was indeed in the game's code, and this being in the aftermath of "Hot Coffee," they gave it an M rating. Without modding, however, there is no way to see the nudity, and since modders could add nudity anyway, the rating was kinda stupid.

Um, Skyrim was meant to be an M-rated game, so it probably is "worse" than Oblivion. Back of the box says gore and sexual content. So yeah.

Hell my parents probably wouldn't want me to get it. The fact that I'm 18 makes me more inclined to listen to them, since I'm living with them for free.

This game really isn't that inappropriate. I have yet to encounter "sexual content"(guessing its in obscure areas), and gore is not that ridiculous. There are dismembered people on altars and it can be gory, but none of it is really shoved in your face.

I've had this since the release and have been playing it rather consistently. The fact that I've only scratched the game's surface so far is just a testament to its quality. Playing through as an Argonian mage with Destruction magic and a side of Conjuration and Restoration.

So, I just "finished" the Dark Brotherhood questline (just doing Dark Brotherhood Forever now, which might be the most appropriate name ever) and it was just amazing. A bit short, I'll admit that - would've liked to see some more contracts from the others, not just Nazir - but the execution is just flawless. A must-play, even if you're not a sneaky character.

On my second character now, Wood Elf sneak/archer. Packing a 49-damage Supple Ancient Nord Bow with life drain, three- or four-shotting most of the heavier things. (Dragons not included) Having some trouble with dragon priests, but Shadowmere/Assassin help with that too.

Archived