Illegal Immigration

JadenxAtemYAOI

Might want to elaborate as to how I am contradicting myself

Also, you try balancing between taxing that billion dollar businessman and not taxing him so he stays in the country

We, the U.S, constantly tax [b]multinational [/b]corporations to the point where they would gain so much more money going overseas

not taxing means they just get overseas workers for a pay 2 cents a day and still make a s*** ton of money by barely legal means

I'd rather lower taxes on [b]multinational[/b] corporations so that they actually get more workers here than somewhere cheaper like

say

Malaysia

They are sitting on mounds of money because they are reluctant to invest in American industry and realize that they would probably have a better chance of investing in fast growing areas like Brazil and would love to avoid something like 2008 as much as possible.

I understand that the borrow rates for companies is FAR too low but the amount of money a company has to pay to keep it's industry and jobs in America when it can turn so much more profit in Brazil China is to damn high for some companies.

I'd love to see the distribution of jobs to jobless legal Americans with regards to the jobs that formally belonged to illegal immigrants

if we tax them less ​[b]TEMPORARILY [/b]and entice them to try investing in, say, new agricultural jobs in Alabama maybe we might get the ball rolling

I don't know what we should do with the borrowing rates but that's a different discussion

If you were saying that I was contradicting myself in saying that we should try getting more jobs while enticing companies to stay and help invest in jobs while keeping the legal minimum wage rates then I see your point

We should try balancing the amount they spend with workers with what they spend to the government. I'd rather have the excess money be invested in jobs than paid to the government as I'm sure you are too.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Itachi V. Remo' timestamp='1321237015' post='5639523']
Might want to elaborate as to how I am contradicting myself[/quote]
"It's The Government's Fault" into "This Is How Companies Use People Over Here"

[quote]Also, you try balancing between taxing that billion dollar businessman and not taxing him so he stays in the country

We, the U.S, constantly tax [b]multinational [/b]corporations to the point where they would gain so much more money going overseas

[b]not taxing means they just get overseas workers for a pay 2 cents a day and still make a s*** ton of money by barely legal means[/b]

I'd rather lower taxes on [b]multinational[/b] corporations so that they actually get more workers here than somewhere cheaper like

say

Malaysia[/quote]
The fraction I bolded is why lowering taxes(in this case) is useless. No matter what, unless something is done to prevent companies from engaging is such practices, they're simply going to take the easy route and pay the low wages overseas.

[quote]They are sitting on mounds of money because they are reluctant to invest in American industry and realize that they would probably have a better chance of investing in fast growing areas like Brazil and would love to avoid something like 2008 as much as possible.

I understand that the borrow rates for companies is FAR too low but the amount of money a company has to pay to keep it's industry and jobs in America when it can turn so much more profit in Brazil China is to damn high for some companies.[/quote]
Which is, again, why I talk about forgetting about trying to please companies that will only look at their own nation when we've lowered our worker standards and taxing levels to that of developing countries with even larger class issues.

[quote]I'd love to see the distribution of jobs to jobless legal Americans with regards to the jobs that formally belonged to illegal immigrants[/quote]
If by this you mean make the illegals citizens, I agree.

[quote]We should try balancing the amount they spend with workers with what they spend to the government. I'd rather have the excess money be invested in jobs than paid to the government as I'm sure you are too.
[/quote]
I can agree with this. If companies are working over here and putting their mounds of money into providing their workers with high standards of living, a tax decrease would be in order.

My basic standpoint is that tax breaks should come after companies get themselves in order, not before, and that when you have to waste time trying to coerce people solely after profit into doing something it would be better to just tax them and use to government to get some jobs to the people.

[quote name='JadenxAtemYAOI' timestamp='1320893875' post='5629919']
[url="http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a-tough-new-alabama-law-targets-illegal-immigrants-and-sends-families-fleeing/2011/10/07/gIQAtZuPWL_story.html"]http://www.washingto...uPWL_story.html[/url]
I wish the entire US had enforced laws like this. I'm sure if it were up to the rednecks we could just enslave the illegal immigrants but we practically do that already by giving them conditions similar to 20's factories. My opinion is, if there's a reason you can immigrate legally, then don't immigrate at all. Failure to follow and be shot.
[/quote]

Yeah, since it also affects the people WHO ARE ALSO LEGALLY HERE.

YOU KNOW, THE GUYS WHO WORKED THEIR ASS OFF TO GET HERE, AND NOW ARE UNDER SCRUTINY.

[quote name='~Batshit Insane VK~' timestamp='1321239497' post='5639761']
Yeah, since it also affects the people WHO ARE ALSO LEGALLY HERE.

YOU KNOW, THE GUYS WHO WORKED THEIR ASS OFF TO GET HERE, AND NOW ARE UNDER SCRUTINY.
[/quote]
You know..if you think it's right to get exploited by giant corporations >.>

Between Drug Cartel wars in Mexico and certain exploitation in America those immigrants are between a rock and a hard place

Archived