Paper Tigers Billy Deck

post-9073-0-99676200-1321044332_thumb.jpg

Since my last thread on this deck was locked for whatever reason, here is the revival.

The deck is pretty simple: it's mostly a Billy Deck masquerading as a Wanghu Stun deck. Thanks to the release of Photon Sabre Tiger, it's gotten a lot faster, but not too much more consistent. I know people would complain to me for not using Rescue Rabbit in this deck for the Normal Monsters, but I'm building this IRL, and as a Secret Rare with a price tag of $150 on ebay, I can't get it. And don't complain about my use of Offerings to the Doomed; I've gotten some major use out of it, so I'm not going to take it out, same thing with Beast Rising and Super Rush Recklessly.

Any suggestions on how to update this deck would be appreciated.

Guest PikaPerson01

Any suggestions on how to update this deck would be appreciated.

Take out Offerings to the Doomed, Beast Rising, and Super Rush Recklessly. Prolly run something like Horn of the Phantom Beasts, Book of Moon, or Smashing Ground in their place.

And don't complain about my use of Offerings to the Doomed; I've gotten some major use out of it, so I'm not going to take it out, same thing with Beast Rising and Super Rush Recklessly.

Don't ask for suggestions on how to fix your deck if you're gonna insist on running terrible cards.

Take out Offerings to the Doomed, Beast Rising, and Super Rush Recklessly. Prolly run something like Horn of the Phantom Beasts, Book of Moon, or Smashing Ground in their place.

Don't ask for suggestions on how to fix your deck if you're gonna insist on running terrible cards.

If you can read that, then you can read that I already HAVE Three Horns in this deck. And as I said, I've used SRR and OttD astonishingly well, so I WILL ignore anyone who dares tell me to take them out. If you can't accept that, don't comment, clear and simple.

Also, I've already stated that I CANNOT get a hold of Rabbit, because of how expensive it is, so do NOT tell me to put them in, because it cannot happen.

If you can read that, then you can read that I already HAVE Three Horns in this deck. And as I said, I've used SRR and OttD astonishingly well, so I WILL ignore anyone who dares tell me to take them out. If you can't accept that, don't comment, clear and simple.

Section is for making decks play better. If you are going to be adamant that we are wrong that those cards are bad, don't post your decks.

I would say more staples like Reborn, Dark Hole, Heavy Storm, Solemn Judgment, Solemn Warning and Torrential Tribute, but this looks actually really fun. ever had trouble with Soul Tiger versus King Tiger Wanghu?

I already explained why I'm using the cards; THEY WORK FOR ME. If you can't accept that, then don't b**** at me for it, plain and simple. And don't tell me what I can and cannot post; it's not my fault you guys either cannot or will not read what I post. Hell, I specifically stated that I can't get Rescue Rabbit and why I use the cards I do PREEMPTIVELY because of this, so you have absolutely no reason for jabroniing at me for this.

Now, To Welche, I've got Solemn Warning in this deck, but I haven't really needed the others for a while, so if I do fit them in, they'd be side-decked. As for Soul Tiger vs. King Tiger Wanghu, I usually set Soul Tiger, so Wanghu won't destroy it. My main problem is that, so far, with the addition of PST, my Wanghus keep on getting buried, and I an't draw them out when I need them.

I've tried other cards, and they don't work better; I've tried Smashing Ground in this deck, for instance, and it's nowhere near as versatile as Offerings and SRR is. I can't tell you how many times they've saved my ass in a duel, especially against bigger monsters.

Then don't tell us to stop jabroniing, tell us you've tried it and didn't like it. The way you've been saying it sounded like you've never even tried them out and just said "NO" without even trying. Nobody's been jabroniing, and 1 person said Rabbit, and nobody has afterwards. Learn how to act please.

no

Seriously, Shard?

Giving constructive criticism is actually a rule, not an option. If you can't be constructive OR specifically point out flaws, then don't post at all.

It's this kind of attitude that probably resulted in your last version getting locked.

This section is not to say "I'm so good I can get away with using crappy cards" (Only Kaito is that good), it's to get fixes for your deck. If budget is a problem, mention how much you can afford. Pika mentioned a few cards with a similar or more useful purpose than those mentioned, and most of them are extremely cheap, like Smashing Ground.

I already explained why I'm using the cards; THEY WORK FOR ME. If you can't accept that, then don't b**** at me for it, plain and simple. And don't tell me what I can and cannot post; it's not my fault you guys either cannot or will not read what I post. Hell, I specifically stated that I can't get Rescue Rabbit and why I use the cards I do PREEMPTIVELY because of this, so you have absolutely no reason for jabroniing at me for this.

I can easily understand excluding Rabbit due to its insane price tag, but the cards like Beast Rising, Offerings to the Doomed and SRR are considered terrible and could be replaced with much better cards with a similar purpose. You're the one refusing to listen to the advice of likely more experienced players.

Offerings to the Doomed is chainable, but you lose a draw. Drawing cards is one of the most important mechanics in the game. Sacrificing a draw for a single monster destruction does more harm than good when there are LOTS of monster removal options that wont cost a draw. Beast Rising and SRR require you to have monsters on the field and other cards do similar effects without the loss of field presence.

It's not that I'm not open to advice (and, in fact, my last deck thread got locked without me even saying anything that would get it locked), but I've tested this deck for a while, and I can tell you that Offerings, SRR and Beast Rising work tremendously well for me; I have never, EVER had the draw restriction on Offerings come back to bite me on the ass, so I honestly don't see any reason not to play it, or why other people automatically reject it as a good card. SRR, as I said, has saved me more often than not, so except for a possible reduction down to 2 in the main deck, it's staying. And I've managed to beat down my opponent with a Beast Rising-pumped monster with ease, so it's kind of a staple in this deck. Now, if THAT explanation isn't enough to satisfy you, then I suggest you leave and don't comment on it, because this is final; these three cards are staying, period.

I speak my mind. Anyway, OP. Listen to the people who are actually good at the game(sadly, I am not.) and change your deck. There's no point posting if you're just gonna tell us that your deck is perfect and there's no way you are changing it.

Considering your criticism was "Use better cards" you should probably shut up now.

Never said that, just said that there are a few cards that work exceptionally well for me that I won't change. People can't or won't understand that? Not my problem.

But the cards you are saying that they work are actually very bad and no-one will even care if you say they're good for you. By "use better cards" I meant, use better cards -.- It shouldn't be hard to use more staples. I mean seriously. I mean, no Dark Hole, No Monster Reborn? What

Agreed, especially when you just said to "listen to the people who are actually good", then admit that you AREN'T. What incentive do I have to listen to you if that's the case?

Anyway, as I said, I just had majorly good use out of Offerings, Rush and Rising; I've WON against more generic elitist tournament decks on DN with those cards, so I'm adamant in not ditching them. As for the staples, as I said, I have NEVER had to have a use out of them in this deck, ever. If I DO put them in, it'll be in a side deck, but honestly, why should I use them when I don't need them, just because people think they're impossible to build a deck without? I managed to do it, I managed to win without them, so logically why WOULD I need them?

Agreed, especially when you just said to "listen to the people who are actually good", then admit that you AREN'T. What incentive do I have to listen to you if that's the case?

Anyway, as I said, I just had majorly good use out of Offerings, Rush and Rising; I've WON against more generic elitist tournament decks on DN with those cards, so I'm adamant in not ditching them. As for the staples, as I said, I have NEVER had to have a use out of them in this deck, ever. If I DO put them in, it'll be in a side deck, but honestly, why should I use them when I don't need them, just because people think they're impossible to build a deck without? I managed to do it, I managed to win without them, so logically why WOULD I need them?

In that case, there's no point to the topic. You need staples.

Shard. Shut up.

@OP: Listen to suggestions. Why not do what they say on DN, and see how it works? Also, by listening to them, it will give you a goal as to what cards you want to acquire over time. Or maybe you can provide a valid argument against their cards. if they cost too much, tell us. We'll provide another card.

Either way, if you post your deck here, listen to suggestions. Otherwise, get out.

Also, about Dark Hole and other staples...

You don't need them. No deck NEEDS them. But they certainty help consistency, speed, and ability.

Archived