Soyah. I was pretty excited when I heard about this show in the spring. Now I've got subs up to Ep. 4 and I'm even more so. It's everything I expected - amazing art, pretty badass action sequences, etc. Only problem is that it's not exactly the mecha show that it's billed as: the mechas only get minor focus as of now. Oh well. Discuss plz? Put things in spoilers, too, because I don't want it to be ruined.

[color=#0000cd]Oh, and don't worry. I always try to be careful with not spoiling things.[/color]

[color=#0000cd]Well ever since first going onto the site I normally go to watch anime it looked pretty cool just from the picture and title. After checking out the first episode it indeed was. It has its ups and downs but it really does look amazing like you said. Every so often I wish I could smack Shu for saying, doing, or even thinking stupid things but meh. Some things I can let him by with after putting a tad bit more thought into it or after something else happens. At first he seemed pretty cool but after actually meeting Inori...meh...But his power! My god! It's so awesome! Well it is. I just love the idea of being able to create a weapon based on somebody's personality and all that other crap. The opening song is also great. I just love it.[/color]

[color=#0000cd]All in all a pretty good anime with a great style.[/color]

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Desperado Panda' timestamp='1321073286' post='5634258']
[color=#0000cd]Every so often I wish I could smack Shu for saying, doing, or even thinking stupid things but meh. [/color]
[/quote]

I feel like drop-kicking him for the start of today's episode >__>
I saw people saying this was one of the better new animes from Japan, so I checked it out and thought it was pro.
Theme song's pretty smex too.
Even though it doesn't feel it, you could say this series is reminiscent of Code Geass setting-wise.

So far as I can tell, it's like the second-best anime of this season.

It's a bit indecisive - like, it's not sure if it wants to waste itself on fanservice and/or school-type things, or if it wants to do stuff involving explosions (I'm up to episode uh...six). Inori is boring, Shu is annoying, some other people whose names I forget are annoying and/or boring, and Gai is a f***ing badass. Best of luck to it.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey-chan' timestamp='1323984191' post='5709101']
So far as I can tell, it's like the second-best anime of this season.

It's a bit indecisive - like, it's not sure if it wants to waste itself on fanservice and/or school-type things, or if it wants to do stuff involving explosions (I'm up to episode uh...six). Inori is boring, Shu is annoying, some other people whose names I forget are annoying and/or boring, and Gai is a f***ing badass. Best of luck to it.
[/quote]

It gets better as the series progresses

[quote name='DSS' timestamp='1323984003' post='5709094']
Its an awesome show . As to be expected from the same guy who made Code Geass.
I just can't wait for the "Egoist" song at the beginning of the 1st ep @_@
[/quote]

Y'mean Euterpe? It's been released - just Google around for downloads. 'Twas what I did. The full version of My Dearest is amazing, though. :'3

Aaaand just noticed Ep. 10 is out. //goes to watch

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1323982512' post='5709047']
I feel like drop-kicking him for the start of today's episode >__>
[color=#0000cd][spoiler=Episode 10 Spoiler][/color]
[color=#0000cd]I loved this episode. It feels like the whole 23 or so minutes can be summed up as, "Stop being a b*tch, Shu."[/color]
[color=#0000cd][/spoiler][/color]
I saw people saying this was one of the better new animes from Japan, so I checked it out and thought it was pro.
Theme song's pretty smex too.
[color=#0000cd]I love it. It's defintely one of my favorites. Maybe second or third.[/color]
Even though it doesn't feel it, you could say this series is reminiscent of Code Geass setting-wise.
[color="#0000cd"]Remo had mentioned that to me and he had a point. It definitely shows its similarities.[/color]
[/quote]
[quote name='DSS' timestamp='1323987687' post='5709286']
It gets better as the series progresses
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]Actually, he summed it up pretty well. I kind of like that girl in the wheelchair though. [/color][color=#2f4f4f]<----Terrible at remembering names.[/color]
[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1323987779' post='5709293']
Aside from today's episode.
Shu needs to come around.
Fast.
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd][spoiler=Another Spoiler-ish one][/color]
[color=#0000cd]I was hoping he'd take Hare's void, charge in, and kick some serious ass. Next episode? Although things do look like they might be coming to a close soon. This just seems so climatic.[/color]

[spoiler=@Desu]
Wait, the series might be ending soon?
I think it should go on longer :T
At [i]least[/i] 24-26 episodes.
If anything I suspect things are climaxing towards a big change, like Gai's death or something.
Shu will probably come around in 1 or 2 episodes, but he better do something good because right now he's just meh.[/spoiler]
And even though it's hard to find a full version of the OP without the talking at the beginning, I've been listening to this for the past few days.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV6fkxGEEiY&feature=related
It...might be just as good, if not better.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1324129041' post='5712409']
[color=#0000cd][spoiler=My replies are in here.][/color]
Wait, the series might be ending soon?
I think it should go on longer :T
[color=#0000cd]Beats me. It just kind of feels like it. Big bad guy is appareantly trying to recreate Lost Christmas which seems super climatic. Although, now that I think about it wasn't it mentioned that there are three people with the void genom? I have yet to see them. :/[/color]
At [i]least[/i] 24-26 episodes.
[color=#0000cd]That seems about right but what's happening at the moment just seems extremely climatic and like everything is coming to a close. But hell, maybe this is just a first season.[/color]
If anything I suspect things are climaxing towards a big change, like Gai's death or something.
[color=#0000cd]That's also a possibility.[/color]
Shu will probably come around in 1 or 2 episodes, but he better do something good because right now he's just meh.
[color=#0000cd]Agreed. The only cool thing about him is that his power is just so badass.[/color]
[/spoiler]
And even though it's hard to find a full version of the OP without the talking at the beginning, I've been listening to this for the past few days.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV6fkxGEEiY&feature=related[/media]
It...might be just as good, if not better.
[color=#0000cd]I'll listen to it.[/color]

[color=#0000cd]Edit:[/color]
[color=#0000cd]I like the one they use for the OP better. The girl's voice fits it so much better. Not bad but just not as good in my opinion.[/color]
[/quote]

@Desperado Panda:
[spoiler="Ep. 10 Spoilers"]It's only Episode 10. Hold your horses. Weird blondy girl who showed up with Keido before mentioned "Cocytus," and I have a feeling that this event is tied into what's happening now. That, or it's going to blow up in Keido's face. There's no way they can just close this thing off without resolving both those points.

Also, possible Inori split personality? I'll be confused as to whether I should headdesk or not, because although it would make sense with her emotions being repressed, it's still a horribly cliched move.[/spoiler]

[quote name='DSS' timestamp='1324155369' post='5713249']
Damn ep. 9 and 10 had to be the best ones yet. Such tragedy such amazing tracks awesome all the way.
Inb4inoriturnsintosomekindofdivinationvirusholderandgoesberserkonhumanity
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]They must have seen this because she has not gone beserk...yet...[/color]
[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1324382563' post='5718774']
Aha!
[url="http://myanimelist.net/anime/10793/Guilty_Crown"]So there are 22 episodes after all.[/url]
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]Oh, cool then. [/color]

[color=#0000cd][spoiler=Episode 11][/color]
[color=#0000cd]And it seems we do get to see one of the others with the Void Genome. But this episodes is making a lot and I mean A LOT of questions pop up. Although it also answers some Denver had. See?! She does help! What were you thinking they did alone together, you pervert.[/color]

[color=#0000cd]P.S. Thank god, he's finally getting better.[/color]

[spoiler="Episode 11 spoilers."]I knew Blondy wasn't going to stay undercover for long, but I honestly didn't expect her having the Genome too. Gai isn't going to die, if Hare has anything to say about it. (Hare is one of my favorites, now. At least better than Inori - she at least has some personality and will backtalk Shu.) Also, is Dan dead? D':[/spoiler]

[quote name='Kyubey' timestamp='1324598304' post='5724208']
[spoiler="Episode 11 spoilers [color=#0000cd]And replies[/color]."]I knew Blondy wasn't going to stay undercover for long, but I honestly didn't expect her having the Genome too.
[color=#0000cd]What now? [/color][color=#2f4f4f]<-----I'm terrible with remembering names. Can't help it. Just am.[/color]
Gai isn't going to die, if Hare has anything to say about it.
[color=#0000cd]Ooh, you have a point. I was a bit worried too. Unless this turns into something like "Oh no, the injury is too bad." Although that wouldn't make sense if he fixed a bridge with it. :/[/color]
(Hare is one of my favorites, now. At least better than Inori - she at least has some personality and will backtalk Shu.)
[color=#0000cd]Agreed. Completely. Although in this episode Inori was doing something REALLY odd for her...she had had a few expressions on her face. Not just one! But through the entire episode her face looked kind of odd to me.[/color]
Also, is Dan dead? D':
[color=#0000cd]Unfortunately, it seems so. He got so awesome too. :,([/color]
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[quote][spoiler="Replies!"][b]Agreed. Completely. Although in this episode Inori was doing something REALLY odd for her...she had had a few expressions on her face. Not just one! But through the entire episode her face looked kind of odd to me.[/b]
My aforementioned "Inori has a split personality" theory seems to be even stronger now, considering Gai said "can you let [i]her[/i] heal it." Maybe flashback!Inori(?) and present!Inori are two sides of the same coin?

And Blondy doesn't have a name - she was the researcher talking to Keido about Cocytus around 3 episodes back. A "you'll miss it if you didn't pay attention" moment.[/spoiler][/quote]

• 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=Annnnd we're back!]
Wait, do we really need to keep doing spoilers? Who's gonna look in here who isn't already watching the show?
But anyways, GAI ;___;
As much as I despise the forgotten memory cliche, I thought the episode was one of the series' best so far. Shu and Gai were kicking a*s and it was great.
Just checking I understand, Inori's basically a clone/test tube human holding the key to Mana's soul or something, right?[/spoiler]

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1326412690' post='5761698']
[spoiler=Annnnd we're back!]
Wait, do we really need to keep doing spoilers? Who's gonna look in here who isn't already watching the show?
[color=#0000cd]People who aren't up rto date? Meh, fine.[/color]
But anyways, GAI ;___;
[color=#0000cd]The resident badass is dead. He was obviously going to die eventually though.[/color]
As much as I despise the forgotten memory cliche,
[color=#0000cd]Tons of cliches ya know.[/color]
I thought the episode was one of the series' best so far. Shu and Gai were kicking a*s and it was great.
[color="#0000cd"]Yeah, that was pretty cool. The episode minus the huge cliche was pretty good. At first I was like, "Oh god...the incest cliche...I'm not into this stuff...meh..." but then Gai came in and then I was like, "so she's basically just gone crazy and isn't seriously all that incestual? Oh f*ck yeah!"[/color]
Just checking I understand, Inori's basically a clone/test tube human holding the key to Mana's soul or something, right?
[color=#0000cd]I don't really know. It kind of reminded me of the main girl from Rosario+Vampire if you know what I mean. You'd think that now that since Mana is gone Inori would be too but meh. I kind of wonder if the next 10 episodes will explain her a bit better and while they're at it why Inori was with Gai at the start of the show anyway (and all the other logical clone crap that isn't in here). But 10 episodes. That's still plenty of time. Now I'll just wonder that since she's a clone...of Shu's sister...then is this still incest?[/color]
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[quote name='Kujo Kazuya' timestamp='1326419974' post='5761943']
[spoiler=Well]
[color=#0000cd]People who aren't up rto date? Meh, fine.[/color]
I'd think most internet people would know the basic rule of spoiler bewarement (for lack of better term) when entering discussion threads, but whatever. If no new people post here for the next 2 episodes, I'll probably screw the spoilers.
[color=#0000cd]The resident badass is dead. He was obviously going to die eventually though.[/color]
I know. Still sad though...
[color=#0000cd]Tons of cliches ya know.[/color]
I'm used to it.
[color=#0000cd]Yeah, that was pretty cool. The episode minus the huge cliche was pretty good. At first I was like, "Oh god...the incest cliche...I'm not into this stuff...meh..." but then Gai came in and then I was like, "so she's basically just gone crazy and isn't seriously all that incestual? Oh f*ck yeah!"[/color]
Oh yeah, I still don't get Mana. She reminded me of Yuno a bit.
>crazy pink-haired girl aiming to kill people for her special someone.
>blood lips
[s]PERHAPS A VAMPIRE?[/s]
[color=#0000cd]I don't really know. It kind of reminded me of the main girl from Rosario+Vampire if you know what I mean. You'd think that now that since Mana is gone Inori would be too but meh. I kind of wonder if the next 10 episodes will explain her a bit better and while they're at it why Inori was with Gai at the start of the show anyway (and all the other logical clone crap that isn't in here). But 10 episodes. That's still plenty of time. Now I'll just wonder that since she's a clone...of Shu's sister...then is this still incest? [/color]
I know exactly what you mean, the same thought crossed my mind. I thought Inori went down with them because she was in Gai's arms, but then Shu was holding her and I was like, "Wait, where the f*ck did she come from?"
I was kinda shipping them, but if it really is incest, then there's no other reasonable choice but Hare.
>reasonable
owaitit'sjapan.jpg
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1326420624' post='5761977']
[spoiler=Well Then]
I'd think most internet people would know the basic rule of spoiler bewarement (for lack of better term) when entering discussion threads, but whatever. If no new people post here for the next 2 episodes, I'll probably screw the spoilers.
[color=#0000cd]Actually, since we're on the second page now it should be okay.[/color]
I know. Still sad though...
[color="#0000cd"]It is a bit sadenning. I'd have liked to have seen the two actually act best best friends now that they're older.[/color]
I'm used to it.
[color=#0000cd]Goodpoint.[/color]
Oh yeah, I still don't get Mana. She reminded me of Yuno a bit.
>crazy pink-haired girl aiming to kill people for her special someone.
>blood lips
[s]PERHAPS A VAMPIRE?[/s]
[color=#0000cd]I thought that was just lipstick. A young girl shouldn't naturally have lips that red. And I don't know who Yuno is but probably a bit yandere like that.[/color]
I know exactly what you mean, the same thought crossed my mind. I thought Inori went down with them because she was in Gai's arms, but then Shu was holding her and I was like, "Wait, where the f*ck did she come from?"
[color=#0000cd]Eh, I followed it pretty well. I wasn't confused. :/[/color]
I was kinda shipping them, but if it really is incest, then there's no other reasonable choice but Hare.
[color=#0000cd]I don't blame you. I like her more too.[/color]
>reasonable
owaitit'sjapan.jpg
[color=#0000cd]DAMN YOU JAPAN AND YOUR AKWARD/NOT AS GOOD AS POSSIBLE RELATIONSHIPS![/color]
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]Actually, since we're on the second page now it should be okay.[/color]
Agreed.
[color=#0000cd]It is a bit sadenning. I'd have liked to have seen the two actually act best best friends now that they're older.[/color]
Still mad he just "forgot", would have been better if he was brainwashed or something, idk.
[color=#0000cd]I thought that was just lipstick. A young girl shouldn't naturally have lips that red. And I don't know who Yuno is but probably a bit yandere like that.[/color]
She smeared his blood on her lips, remember? It was weird because that was the 2nd time that episode after the old guy did it to Inori .-.
Yuno's from Mirai Nikki, she's the epitome of yanderes. You should try it, it's good.
[color=#0000cd]DAMN YOU JAPAN AND YOUR AKWARD/NOT AS GOOD AS POSSIBLE RELATIONSHIPS![/color]
YEAH DA FRICK JAPAN?

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1326422309' post='5762057']
Still mad he just "forgot", would have been better if he was brainwashed or something, idk.
[color=#0000cd]I guess they just expect us to think, "Oh traumatizing so it was blocked out and yadda yadda yadda." But yeah, it didn't all that much with me either.[/color]
She smeared his blood on her lips, remember? It was weird because that was the 2nd time that episode after the old guy did it to Inori .-.
Yuno's from Mirai Nikki, she's the epitome of yanderes. You should try it, it's good.
[color=#0000cd]I know that guy did it so I saw the similarities there but I don't actually remrmber her with somebody's blood. On the other note, I'll check it out some time. Make sure to remind me during my next long break or the summer. I plan to knock out a bunch of anime then.[/color]
YEAH DA FRICK JAPAN?
[color=#0000cd]I SAY WE RAID DAT PLACE AND BEAT THE GUYS WHO MAKE THESE BAD RELATIONSHIPS! We'll start with the creators of Dog Days and slowly move up to the guys who made this one. I think it should take about 10 weeks so the show should be done by then and still give them a chance for retribution. I mean, they do seem aware of some of their problems and have even made a...oh my god...I think I figured out what Inori is! She's basically just a doll. I remembered that one guy who's kind of like Yamamoto from KHR say that she's kind of like a doll and for some reason that scene never got out of my head. But mostly since it seemed like an example of how they realized their own problems with some of their characters and was making a joke about Inori's character. Now I just wonder if that was actually foreshadowing all of this.[/color]
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]No new posts so I'm just editing this one. I figure Denver or whoever isn't out of school yet (testing so I'm out early if you were wondering).[/color]

[color=#0000cd]1) New opening and ending song. The opening is pretty good. I liked the first more. Paused before the ending really started so I haven't heard it yet.[/color]
[color=#0000cd]2) I've thought this since the two talked in the hallway at GHQ but I think I like Ayase even more than Hare. As in a pairing with Shu. I wonder if that back to back thing was very necessary though...still kind of cool though[/color]
[color=#0000cd]3) Sh*t is getting super cerial. That douchebag is now some sort of temporary president for Japan? Wow...[/color]
[color=#0000cd]4) Did they just put in another possible pairing...? Not for Shu but for Tsugumi and Daryl? Edit: Since I suck with remembering names I had to look them up...and Tsugumi is appareantly 14...the age suits her.[/color]

Archived