Bleach: Fragments of a God [started/Re-boot/Accepting always/Ketodama co-hosting]

Techi☺

Finding himself confronted by the "old fellow arrancar" as she had introduced herself in the aftermath of the destruction she had chosen to pointlessly cause upon a structure in the human world, Carnifex decided that this was a bit much for him right now. After all, he had not come to the mortal realm to fight but rather to simply observe the various on-goings. That being the case, he simply turned away from the battle and began walking away. As he turned his back, the stylized tattoo of a number one upon the side of his neck might just be visible to anyone looking closely.

"So much fun as could be had," the Roman began mid-way through his oh so casual escape, "by causing a little havoc with you, signora, I do not find myself wanting to be involved. Were it any Espada aside from myself who you had encountered you most certainly should have had a partner, but today I am not a fighter. Ciao, I believe that we shall meet again. Oh, and that goes for you as well, Signore."

By the time that he had finished speaking, Carnifex had well removed himself from the battle. Rather than even bother to return to the skies, he simply opened a Garganta right there on the ground and returned to Hueco Mundo. The portal shut itself tightly the instant that he had passed through. Carnifex now found himself greeted by the endless white sands of the dunes so very near to Las Noches. He took no notice of Kazuya glowering at him, aside from offering a friendly wave as he made his way back towards the citadel of the Arrancar.

[i]-------------Meanwhile--------------[/i]

Kenpachi's eyes slid open rather quickly, even the one hidden behind his eye patch. It was well known that he could not sense spiritual pressure, but he did have a certain way of sensing when a battle was about to begin. This being the case, he pulled himself up out of the chair where he had been napping and began making his way towards the door to his office.

It wasn't long before he had managed to reach a vantage point from which he could see the majority of the soul society, and the bright glinting of a very large ice wall in the distance gave the location away. A familiar, almost insane, smile crossed his lips as he drew forth his equally familiar jagged blade and leaped down to the streets below to pick up speed. All in all, it took him a grand total of seven minutes to reach the location, several of which had been lost due to wrong turns along the way, and by that time the battle was well and truly over.

He didn't notice that it was Yachiru who had been involved in the battle for about ten seconds, mainly due to his own disappointment with having missed the confrontation itself. His immediate concern for the location of whoever it was that had threatened her fell apart with this particular reunion with his adopted daughter. Still wearing his Haori, the Captain Commander dropped down to one knee and spread his arms open just a bit.

"Hey there Yachiru. Had a little fun without me huh?"

Juri soon found herself in the courtyard of the squad twelve barracks. She stood in the middle of the courtyard patiently. The gentle breeze caused her long blue hair to be carried by the wind. She remained still until she felt an overwhelming force of spiritual pressure. Juri turned her head and looked off into the distance.

"Well it would seem the head captain is up and about, what a brute." She said in a dull tone.

Within a few minutes three soul reapers from squad twelve appeared before Juri. The three soul reaper's immediately bowed their head in respect.

"Captain we are here as requested." One of the men stated.

Juri took her time looking over the three soul reapers. She nodded her head as if she have approved of the three that would be accompanying her.

"Very well, now listen well our mission is to enter Huceo Mundo to recover a few samples for my current research. I don't believe I have to tell you the danger of this mission. Your primary goal is to recover samples of the hollows inhabiting the area, noting more and noting less. If you are to come across any hollows of the arrancar rank, you are to retreat immediately. Do I make myself clear? "

"Yes Mam! " The three Soul reapers responded.

"Now let us be off." She said in a commanding tone.

Juri and her three accompanying soul reapers began making their way to the squad thirteen barracks. Juri began feeling annoyed, she did not see the purpose in requesting to travel to Huceo Mundo from squad thirteen officials. What truly bothered her was the fact that the machine used to allow soul reapers to travel to Huceo Mundo was her own creation.

Yachiru continued to scan the area looking for the strange man. "Now where did he go?" she asked with a scown on her face. Finally, she gave up looking for the man and sheathed her sword. He wasn't all the strong anyway. "Why do weak men always try to pick a fight with me? It's so annoying!" she exclaimed just before she noticed Kenpachi to her right as he was greeting her. Immediately, her scowl vanished and a massive smile spread accross her face. "Kenny!" she shouted and she ran over towards him and litteraly bear hugged him. "It's been to long!"

A grin streaked up Hiro's cheeks. Madness was going too try to swallow his rage and prevent him from getting stronger. Pretending he was an animal and wanting too kill his foe for nutrition was a source of out-put for the rage and keep him from falling into that hollow-like transformation. The Red Bio-mechanical armor had made it's way down his chest and too the top of his shins. He'd have too let his rage grow, hate is what will make him strong enough too defeat this woman fast. And the quicker she's taken out, the less damage done too the city. His claws glistened at the sunlight from above, he admired their beauty before letting his mind travel into the dark abyss. The Armor had grown up too his chin, the big bad hollow-freak had ran away. Number one in his ranking and not responsible enough too take a stake in this fight?

With a little laughter, everything inside Hiro began too change. He felt her spirit pressure flow outward from her direction. Leaning away a little before he completely dissappeared. His speed was intense, and so was his strength. His legs actually thrusted him up into the air. His weight started too pull him down ward in her direction. He pulled back his right fist as he dived for her. In a minute, his fist should make contact with her face after full swing.

Akuma was slightly surprised at the mechanical armor forming over the man she believed a Shinigami, "[color=#DDA0DD]ooh.. this one seems interes-[/color]" she said studying him before being cut off by the man's attack his fist colliding with her mask breaking it, scratching into her face and bandages below with his claws as she leaned back to try to avoid them before the attack sent her backwards into a nearby building from which she easily extricated herself from the bandages covering her face easily seen, with various cuts along them revealing somewhat cut skin though not enough to make her face recognizable, as to anyone who could sense her her power it suddenly jumped, spiking up to a higher level then it was at before she shot more of her enhanced bala at the man with one hand and at a building with the other, the building when hit showing more destruction from the power of her bala which had increased as her mask was destroyed. "[color=#DDA0DD]Foolish.. After all.. this made me stronger.. have you ever heard of hell..? of the sufferring most humans don't go through to have ended up in that place.. it makes me want to just explode..[/color]" She said accenting the word with an enhanced cero sent off towards another building "[color=#DDA0DD]..and take everyone on this wotld to the sufferring I know[/color]" she then finished glaring at where the man was earlier.

Koichi was fortunate enough to cross the paths of one of his teams on his way to the twelfth division. After the standard moment of panic and disconcertion that accompanied the meeting of one of his subordinates in the field, he managed to extract from them the news that Captain Masaomi had left her barracks. He let them leave since they had nothing more of use to him. He watched them flee with mild disinterest. Why were his men such cowards? In any case, she might prove more interesting than her labs alone, and she was a kindred spirit. After all, they were both fans of secret labs. And it would present an opportunity to add to his specimen collection.

He closed his eyes momentarily, and brought out the spirit threads, finding hers, and her by extension, in a second. On the way the thirteen division. So he wasted no time in heading towards her. It didn't take him long to match his path with her own, and he waited for her approach at one of the many crossroads at in her path. "Captain Masaomi," he greeted formally with a tilt of his head as she and her entourage neared. "It has come to my knowledge that you intend to venture into Hueco Mundo. I will be accompanying you."

Kasumi continued to observe the fight with a look of disinterest, seeming strangely calm despite the chaotic battle taking place before her. She loathed combat more than anything and naturally made whatever excuse she could to get out of it, needless to say she didn't bother interfering with the current battle knowing full well that all she'd really accomplish was getting in Yachiru's way. True to her expectations the stranger was losing and ultimately fled, managing to conceal his spiritual pressure from them as he vanished from sight, naturally leading to a dissapointing reaction from Yachiru.

[b]"I'm sorry, I appear to have lost sight of him,"[/b] Kasumi commented as if it wasn't obvious enough [b]"Do you wish to persue him?"[/b]

Whatever reply came was drowned out as Kasumi felt an overwhelmingly powerful spiritual pressure approaching them, turning sharply to see the captain commander himself walking in their direction, gleefully greeting Yachiru as he approached who responded in kind and attempted to glomp him, an amusing sight with her small size. Kasumi oprted to stand to the side once more, observing the scene with a faint smile across her face.

[b]"I do hope I am not imposing,"[/b] she spoke up softly [b]"But may I ask what brings you out here, sir?"[/b]

"Much too long, Yachiru. Much too long." The captain commander laughed aloud as he was embraced and returned the embrace in the same way that it was given. As such, he was not worried about his former lieutenant falling when he rose to stand and turned off to face the remnants of the ice wall which had been left by the man who had fled the scene before he had the opportunity to arrive. He simply approached them and gave a nice kick to some of the few fragments that hadn't dissipated.

"To answer your question, Vice-Captain Harukara," he began, turning his head back to look her in the eyes, "I have a talent for knowing when there's a battle going on. I left my office to see if I could see it, and I saw a wall of ice here. Seems I was a bit late to the party, so mind telling me what happened?" The whole time he was speaking, his voice changed from the more jovial tone with which he had greeted the captain of the eleventh division to one much more fitting a captain out on business. His expression even changed, the smile replaced with a more serious and thoughtful semi-grimace. He also allowed his arms to fall down to his sides out of the embrace of his adopted daughter so that she could pull herself onto his back if she so desired.

It was too much, the horrified screeches of his city-people was heard by their only hope. Hiro's eyes started too become blank as the armor covers his body and becomes jagged at edges. His eyes are replaced by two deep dark holes in the armor and a floating red ball in each. Horns begin too develop off the front of his armor's helmet and point out and forward. A hollow mask then began too form on his armor's face, molding over it like a thick sheet. A beautiful and shining red gem grew out of his fore-head and stuck out in the mask. Low distorted breathes is the only noise coming from this freakish monster that was once Hiro. His spirit energy becoming over-whelming for most, and yet, nothing hollow or Shinigami about it. A long slim tail grew down from his armor, the beast's form is now complete. [color=#b22222]"Prepare yourself." [/color]The monster spoke in absolute calm, but it's voice was distorted like a hollow's and sounded Rightious like a strong shinigami's. The creapiest part was how the sounds came from all around rather than just from his face.

[size=4]Juri soon felt the presence of someone or something approaching her direction at a great speed. As she felt the oncoming figure approaching, she stopped in her movement. She remained still and awaited for the source of the Spiritual pressure to arrive. When the figure arrived, Juri did not seem surprised nor did she express any type of emotion when she saw the captain of squad four stand before her.[/size]

[size=4]" Captain shimegane " She said in some what of an annoyed tone.[/size]

[size=4]A few of Juri's men displayed signs of nervousness at the sight of the squad four captain. The three soul reapers did not know much of the captain but the have all heard the strage tales, which seemed to linger around captain shimegane. Juri took a step forward and stared captain shimegane in the face.[/size]

[size=4]" Well it would seem that someone has a big mouth aournd here. I did not wish for word to get around about me leaving, I fearded I might attarct pest." She glared at captain shimegane as she directed her comment towards him.[/size]

[size=4]Dispite her comment, juri held a great deal of respect towardscaptain shimegane. She enjoyed the fact that their was another mind within soul society, which could comprehend her logic and train of thought. She also grew a rather fond of his cold deminor, he was always able to keep his emotions in check around her. Not to mention on a rare occasion Juri would exhibit a steady a increase in heart rate.[/size]

[size=4]" Look Koichi, I know how you work. What do you hope to gain by following me? I know that you must have some sort of ulterior motives." She spoke in a serious tone and seemed some what angered.[/size]

[size=4]"Answer me." [/size]

"Ah, I see you waste no time in addressing matters," Koichi acknowledged her with a slight nod. Of all the captains, Masaomi was the only captain he didn't mind calling him by his first name. Possibly because she had many things he wanted. In fact, the only reason he didn't remain in the twelfth division was the lack of access to live subjects. "No need to fear a leak within your ranks," he said blandly. "One of my squads just happened to noticed you when you were leaving. I deduced your destination from your previous actions. The bacteria I implanted in within you have long since been destroyed, and I have yet to replace them."

He made a slight dismissive gesture. Such knowledge was of little consequence to the matter at hand. "But you are also right about my motives. I am down to my last few Hueco Mundo live forms, and require more if my research is to continue. Also," he gazed off into the distance, "I have been lacking proper stimulation of late, and find myself rather unoccupied, particularly with Madoka as my constant warden. I desire... stimulus. This venture will be quite adequate for meeting my needs."

Ai let out a loud yawn, finally waking from her nap/sleep. Either word would have worked. As she sat up and stretched her arms, she noticed that her second-seat didn't wake her. "I wonder whe- Oh yeah! It's her day off, isn't?" Ai said with a yawn. As she stood up, she straightened out her cloths. "I guess I'll go check and see if she's enjoying her day off.." With that, she closed her eyes and concentrated on finding Kasumi's spritual energy. After a few moments, she found it. "There she be.. She's a way off.. Do I wanna walk that far when I can just wait till tomorrow to ask her how her day went?" she thought aloud as she tilted her head to the side. "Wait.. Do I sense Kenpachi and Yachiru with her?" Ever hear that saying "curiousity killed the cat?" Well, curiousity certainly got to this lazy-ass cat a she head out the door to meet up with the trio.

A few minutes passed and Ai finally reached the trio. "Hello everyone.." she simply stated as she walked up to them.

"[color=#dda0dd]ooh.. all out..[/color]" Akuma then said before raising both hands at the man who seemed to be some sort or shinigami and hollow fusion but didn't feel like either of those in his spiritual energy pressure. "[color=#dda0dd]well I'll go a bit further.. and see if you're worth the trouble..[/color]" she then said before pulling her hand to the lower half of her cloak and ripping most of the lower half off before shooting enhanced bala at him, out of the hand still aimed at him, faster and stronger then before aimed so as to strike the nearest building if they missed him her energy having spiked again as she ripped the cloak revealing the lower half of her usual attire pulling another hand up and launching a cero larger than the previous at another building as she seemed to laugh the pain and suffering of the humans she was 'punishing' making her somewhat happy to know her suffering feelings could be passed on.

In the field Jin and Nakura stood a few displaced shinigami here and there with there zanpakuto out. "Nakura if you were to excuse me for a bit, It's been awhile since I had a nice chat with ThiShadow."
"I understand." She bowed and went to turn away.
"You don't need to bow were both friends here." Nakura paid no attention to what he said and continued on her way. Jin sat down onto the grass and pulled his own zanpakuto, he closed his eyes. When he opened them he was in a open spot in a forest. The grass here was matted down and forced on its side, There were no birds chirping or at that any noise at all. "ThiShadow I know you're here somewhere. Why don't you come out and play?"
A voice seemed to echo out from every part of the forest "So you come here to play, why don't you just go screw yourself."
"ouch. That hurt, I know its been awhile since you last stretched you're limbs so why don't you come out and spare a little."
A black panther looking animal jumped from the forest landing inches in front of Jin. This panther had wings on his forearms, a ball of spikes at the end of his tail, yellow eyed and ears like a bat, this is ThiShadow Ganadora. "Why you ask?" ThiShadow began to circle Jin. "Why don't you go find an arrancar or something like that and get me out of this.. this place?!"
"Chill out, they haven't picked up enough activity now a days to go full strength against them."
"Then get out." ThiShadow turned his head and jumped into the forest. His voice echoing from every tree. "I want to fight dammit."

Juri's face changed and displayed a look of anger, as she heard captain Shimegane's response. Juri did not like the idea of captain Shimegane tagging along on her trip. She knew that their was more to his story than he let on, however she also knew that he was not one to take no for an answer. If she was to refuse his offer he might become hostile towards her. Juri was unsure if she would be able to defeat captain Shimegane in a combat situation and she did not wish to try either.

"Just stay out of my way, this trip is already more trouble than it's worth. I will not squander my time baby sitting you Koichi. " She said in an annoyed tone.

Juri walked off without another word. The three squad twelve members quickly followed behind her. Juri did not stop to see if captain Shimegane was following behind her as she made her way to squad thirteeen.

"Of course, Captain Masaomi. I am certain you are well aware that my presence will be infinitely less of a detriment to you than that of your three aids." Koichi's expression didn't change, even in the face of her anger and frustration. It amused him slightly to see her reaction. From the reaction, he could deduce that it was more than the mere fact he was accompanying her that irritated her to that level. It was something more, perhaps she disliked the fact that he left her no options in the question of this matter. After all, nothing could stop him from simply stepping through the portal after her.

"If it is any condensation to you, I offer to share portions of my resulting research from this expedition to you for your own experimentation." It was a fair offer in his opinion. One of the reasons he was interested in this trip was retrieval of several hollow subjects. Their physiology was most intriguing; reformation of the the soul into a completely new form? It would be most interesting to apply such methods to his treatments. And another goal of his for this little foray; the renewal of his bacterial trackers, something that was long overdue. "Is this offer acceptable to you?"

[b]"I see,"[/b] Kasumi replied in response to the captain commanded [b]"It is rather simple really, I discovered a stranger near the edge of the forest who seemed to bear a grudge against shinigami. By his speech it seems he has been picking off lower level shinigami for a while and apparently wished to target me next."[/b]

She paused briefly to observe the aftermath of the battle, a look of sorrow crossing her face. Kasumi hated snow and ice, it was one of the many things that made her sad just to look at if not the very thought of it, the way the cold sapped the life out of the natural world and drove many creatures into hiding to escape it. It would certainly explain how the man's presence had seemingly cleared the forest around him and Kasumi was grateful that the fight was too short lived to do any serious damage to their surroundings.

[b]"I had no such intentions,"[/b] she went on after a long pause [b]"So Captain Yachiru fought him instead, I didn't wish to intervine and it seemed the man was outmatched anyway, he fled soon before you arrived here. I'm afraid I was unable to follow him."[/b]

As Kasumi finished her story she felt another presence approaching, this one all too familiar and welcome. She turned about in time to see her captain arrive, a soft smile crossing Kasumi's face as the captain gave them a simple greeting, no doubt noticing the aftermatch behind them.

[b]"Hello captain, did you enjoy your nap?"[/b] Kasumi asked, a sense happiness finally entering her voice.

One of the thirteenth squad's gate attendants approached Koichi with a thick set of paper work. After witnessing the toils of Masaomi and her team over the same, he had no desire to take any part in it. He stared the man with disinterest and disregard. "It would be most unfortunate if extending the duration of my presence here were to result in the mutation of the pathogen that Lieutenant Madoka recently worked so hard to contain." He looked down on the man, his eyes all but glowing with the veiled threat. "Of course, it would be worse if responsibility of this incident were to somehow be blamed on a low level shinigami."

It was mildly entertaining to watch the emotions that rippled over the attendants face; confusion, realization, shock, dawning horror, panic. In fact, it was most amusing. The man gushed some hasty and somewhat incomprehensible apologized and he was given one sheet to sign, authorizing him to use the gate. This could be a new past time for him. A new possibility to pursue found, he joined Masaomi and her team by the gate, subtly depositing a culture of his bacteria at the threshold where it could infect those who used it and broaden his sampling size of subjects.

The Captain Commander simply remained where he was standing, his gaze not leaving Harukara whilst he listened to his story. A sneer crossed his face as he realized the weakness which the mentioned opponent had shown in attacking those who were weaker than himself. However, despite the disgust he was obviously feeling, his body remained quite relaxed through the whole experience. He turned off in the direction which the male had run from the pair as the Vice-Captain finished in her telling.

"I think I'm gonna find this guy," he stated as he removed his Haori and roughly stuffed it inside of the plain black Kimono beneath it, "and teach him a lesson in honor. You can come along if you want, Yachiru." With that he began to follow in the footsteps of the man who had fled. He knew that the only real place he was likely to get going the way that he had was the worse parts of the Rukon district, and he had a feeling that it wouldn't take him long to notice the spiritual pressure of another Shinigami.

Kenpachi laughed a bit to himself, realizing that he was employing a bit of a trick to try and get this particular foe to come out and play. He didn't think much of it, and to the citizens of Rukon district he just looked to be a senile old man. Without the Haori, there were very few who could actually distinguish him from any other Shinigami and he was perfectly fine with that. All the better if nobody realizes that the Captain Commander was walking in their midst. In the mean time, he began asking around if anyone had seen any strange fellows. He didn't get much information, but he did get a fair amount of comments about being a crazy old man despite his immense stature. For a moment, he thought of how he likely resembled the previous Captain Commander. That thought made him stop asking questions and start just walking.

---------[i]En Hueco Mundo-----------[/i]

Carnifex had just arrived at the entrance to his quarters when, for the third time in twice as many months, he sensed the presence of a Shinigami enter the world. He was just about to turn to go after it when the door behind him flung open and he was hurled onto his own bed by a hand on either shoulder, one tan and the other ivory.

Looking up, he saw the forms of his fracciones, Alexandra and Sylvia. He was about to protest their sudden actions when he found that the well-built, ivory-skinned woman dressed in a black martial artist's outfit shoved a sock in his mouth to shut him up.

"I am sorry about this, master," began the more lightly built, tanned woman as she sat down on the bed and pulled the male's head into her lap, "but I cannot allow you to go off and involve yourself in some more foolishness. Especially after that little trip of yours to the human world."

"And before you even try to say anything," the muscular woman began as she planted a hand over his mouth, "not only is it not your job to do that, but you wouldn't care if it was." With that, she removed the sock from his mouth. The Italian, rather astounded at this behavior in his fracciones, could not help but laugh and laugh and laugh. Truly, he was greatly amused by it and that was why he wasn't going to punish them for stopping him. He didn't even bother to say anything, just laid there on the bed while Alexandra began grooming his hair.

Ai nodded a little to Kasumi's question. "As enjoyable as having a rock for a pillow.. But nonetheless, it was still a good one." She then looked around at the small mess the short battle, if you want to call it that, created. "I came to see how your day has been so far.. I see that it's been interesting so far.." She then watched as Kenpachi left in persuit of the person tht started the fight. "So what exactly happened here anyways," she asked as she looked back at Kasumi.

Juri and her companions soon reached Huceo Mundo. A vast sea of white sand and a sky filled with stars laid before Juri. She took a few steps away from the warp gate and gazed upon the landscape.

" Huceo Mundo, its been so long." She seemed to pauses and lose herself in past memories.

She turned towards the gate to see if Koichi followed.

" Nova, Terra, you two go on ahead. Try to collect the items that i have written down on the list that you recived eariler."

The two soul reapers nodded their heads "Yes captain."

"Captain shouldent I follow them?" The young female soul reaper stated.

"No, I want you to stay with me Sori. It would be best if we were to stay in groups of two." Juri said.

"If you will excuse me, Captain Masaomi," Koichi said with a half nod after he surveyed the surroundings. While he was mildly intrigued with the notion of discovering what the 12th division captain was so interested in here in Hueco Mundo, his own concerns were far more important. Namely, the acquisition of several hollow specimen for his lab. The last one died when he attempted to develop a treatment based on it's mask and reitsu. One that would temporarily mimic the hollofication process in a shinigami, providing a boost in spiritual energy for the recipient.

Of course, he still didn't have the results he wanted; the mock souls he was using for his treatment fell too far into the hollowfication and were lost. Pity. It was such a good idea at it's core. Of course, it might only be that his mock souls lacked the neccessary individuality to hold their own throughout the transformation process. He may need living subjects, or modsouls in the very least, to perfect the testing. Still, before he took that step, he would prefer to try to recreate the treatment from a wider range of hollow subjects. "I am grateful for the chance to accompany you," he said, resting his hand on her shoulder in that caring manner he observed from other shinigami, secretly depositing his tracking bacterium. "It you require my prescence, simply call. I will be aware."

Archived