Shin Seiki Evangelion

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A62011nyXNI[/media]

Evangelion is far and wide considered to being an anime that has been given a plethora of reviews and a multitude of braching stroylines, spin-offs, and even imitators (The Virtual World arc of Yu-Gi-Oh! and even the final few episodes of 5D's had focused upon Kabbalistic beliefs, as did several other anime from the past 15 years or so). All in all, it's an amazing, albeit short, series. I have the full collection of the original Evangelion (titled [i]Shin Seiki Evangerion[/i]) with both the anime and the English dubbing, and watching all 13 hours of this can really take a toll on you, especially if you're watching it in the middle of night.

Discuss.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1321176212' post='5637018']
Forgot to mention how it's the top-selling anime of all time despite being deliberately made for the sake of going bankrupt? In any event, never felt the need to watch it.
[/quote]
You should.

It is a good anime in the sense of being not just a physical thriller (more or less to the point of beating the senseless s*** out of something past the point of it being dead), it's also an immense psychological thriller as well, and it even inspired me to do a 3-page essay on it during my high school psychology class.

[quote name='DSS' timestamp='1321208112' post='5637794']
hasn't this thread been made like over 9000 times before?
[/quote]

I'm not necessarily one to care about such things. I put this up because I simply enjoyed it. Also, any anime with an opening or ending containing Frank Sinatra, my favorite singer (or at least one of his songs being sung by somebody else) is pretty cool too.

Archived