"Voracious" Archtype

Voracious Imp
Level: 2
Dark. Fiend/Tuner
When this card is sent from the field to the graveyard the opponent discards 1 card (If they cannot they send 2 card from the top of their deck to the graveyard). If this card is in the graveyard during your opponents End Phase and the opponent has no cards in their hand, return it to your hand.
ATK: 800 Def: 600

Voracious Dragon
Level: 7
Dark. Dragon/synchro
1 tuner + 1 or more non-tuner "Voracious" monster
During your Standby Phase, you can tribute 1 "Voracious" monster you control and pay 1000 Life Points to increase the ATK of this card by 1000 until the end of your opponent's next turn. If you do not, destroy this card. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, destroy 1 monster on the field. If there are none, both players must send the top 5 cards from their deck to the Graveyard. If this card is in the Graveyard during your opponent's End Phase and your opponent controls no monsters, you can Special Summon it. If you do, it's effects are negated.
ATK: 2500 DEF: 2100

Voracious Giant
Level 5
Dark: Fiend/Effect
During your End Phase, destroy this card if it did not declare an attack this turn and then discard 3 cards. If you cannot, send 3 cards from the top of your Deck to your Graveyard. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, destroy 1 face-up Spell/Trap your opponent controls. If there are none, send 3 cards from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard. If this card is in the Graveyard during your opponent's End Phase and you did not take any battle damage this turn, you can Special Summon it in Defense Position. If you do, its effect is negated and it cannot change battle position.
ATK: 2200 DEF: 600

Voracious Dog
Level 3
Dark: Beast/Effect
When this card is successfully Normal Summoned, you may search your deck for a "Voracious" Monster and add it to your hand. If this card is in the Graveyard during your Standby Phase and you control no Monsters, you may Special Summon it.
ATK: 1400 DEF: 1200

Voracious Blast
Trap
You can activate this card whenever a "Voracious" Monster is the target of an attack. [b]Tribute the targeted monster and destroy the attacking monster[/b]; it's owner must discard 1 card. If they cannot they must send 2 cards from the top of their deck to the Graveyard.
(Something about the wording seems clunky, specifically the bolded section).

Voracious Appetite
Continuous Spell
Banish 1 "Voracious" Monster from the Graveyard; you gain 1000 Life Points. While this card remains face-up on the field you are not affected by the effects of "Voracious" monsters on the field. At the End Phase of your turn, pay 1500 Life, or destroy this card.

Voracious Mage
Level 7
Dark: Spellcaster/Effect
Once per duel, you may discard 1 Spell from your hand; destroy up to 2 Spells or Traps on the field. Each player takes damage equal to the number of cards destroyed this way x 500. If you activate this effect, this card gains 800 ATK, and is destroyed at the End Phase.
If this card is in the Graveyard during your opponents End Phase, and they did not activate a Spell Card, return it to your hand. If this card is in the Graveyard during your Standby Phase, Banish it; you take 1000 damage.
ATK: 2000 DEF:1800

I'd have replied sooner, but my iPhone was disagreeing with me, so I waited until I got home...

I like it, but perhaps try something more like this to make it a little less overpowered, and also tidy up some of the grammar:

During your Standby Phase, you can tribute 1 "Vovacious" monster you control and pay 1000 Life Points to increase the ATK of this card by 1000 until the end of your opponent's next turn. If you do not, destroy this card. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, destroy 1 monster on the field. If there are none, both players must send the top 5 cards from their deck to the Graveyard. If this card is in the Graveyard during you opponent's End Phase and you opponent controls no monsters, you can Special Summon it. If you do, it's effects are negated

First of all, to change the title, hit "edit", then hit "use full editor". You can change the title from there.

I'm going to start with the Dog, because it's effect is much shorter and easier to read. I think It's a great addition to the archetype, and it's quite a nifty little searcher. Perfect balance too, in my opinion.

The Giant's effect is hard to read, and I think that you may have overcomplicated it a little bit. Leave it with me for a little while and I'll try to nut it out. It's a good effect, but very wordy.

EDIT: Try this:

During your End Phase, destroy this card if it did not declare an attack this turn and then discard 3 cards. If you cannot, send 3 cards from the top of your Deck to your Graveyard. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, destroy 1 face-up Spell/Trap your opponent controls. If there are none, send 3 cards from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard. If this card is in the Graveyard during your opponent's End Phase and you did not take any battle damage this turn, you can Special Summon it in Defense Position. If you do, its effect is negated and it cannot change battle position.

May not be perfect, but I think it's easier to read.

Voracious Imp - this card somehow seems capable of a Yata Lock. Each turn, it comes back and kills an opponents card in hand. The trick would be to kill itself in opponents standby phase or something of the sort. Not sure how, but I am pretty sure it is possible some way or another. Combine this fact that it is an easily splashable Dark Tuner, it is pretty broken. For some reason it seems like something that would be run in T.G. Agents.

I would comment on more, but I spent way too much time looking for a way to abuse Voracious Imp that I gtg.

Wow... Mage's effect seems overpowered. I know you lose the monster, but you're essentially putting another Heavy Storm in the deck, plus inflicting burn damage. I'm not sure how it needs to be balanced, but I think it needs something.

Blast I thnk is pretty cool. The wording does seem off, but again, not sure how it needs to be. Great card though.

Apetite I think is pretty 'meh'. One off cards that increase your life points aren't great, and you might as well just run a Dian Keto the Cure Master instead of this, and save having to banish one of your monsters. Quick-play helps it a bit, but not enough to make it worth running.

If you want something to supply you with Life Points, I suggest something either continuous or a field spell. On that note though, I'd like to suggest a continuous card that prevents you from having to discard or mill cards due to Voracious effects, so you put all the hurt on the opponent.

Would like suggestions to make it less OP, it would of been easier if I had more input as I was putting new cards out. But as it was I had only a little advice each time I posted a new card, so that's probably why the set is OP. Can't expect me to be able to make perfect cards if hardly anyone helps me.
Any new cards postponed until I can get the rest fixed, unless no one helps, but then don't complain about OP'dness at least not without a way to help.

I don't mean to insult the above poster, but it's frustrating not getting help. Especially since I've only been on here for about 2 weeks.

Archived