Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Higeki (PG-16/Not Started/Accepting)

Number of Puella Magi Per Person  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How many Puella Magi can 1 person have at a time?

• Only One. Ever. Period.
    • One at a time...I guess...
    • Two?
    • INFINITE!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Stalfos: Tell me why you think it has subtlety.
@Yiddy: Well, the Yes/No selection on the app means you definitely will have your character become a Puella Magi at some time during the RP, as opposed to a normal NPC, who will not. Your character doesn't have to become a Puella Magi right off the bat. The titular character of the series, Madoka, didn't become a Puella Magi until late in the series. So saying "Yes" doesn't limit WHEN your character becomes a Puella Magi, but simply solves the question of IF.

This is my first character. My second one is taking forever; I can't decide on a good appearance to fit her biography.

Name: Kuramae Kiriko
Species: Human
Will become a Puella Magi?: No
Description: Kiriko is small, slight, and older than she looks. She stands 162 centimetres and weighs 52.3 kilograms. She has deep violet hair that runs in waves down to her shoulders in the back and just past her eyebrows in front. Her eyes are wide and so dark a brown as to appear black. Her limbs are short and her body slender, but her fingers are long and dextrous. Due to the time she spends outside, Kiriko's skin is darker than most Japanese, though she's by no means dark-skinned.
Personality: Kiriko is very smart, very sceptical, and very unsociable. Her voice is pretty, but her words are often very blunt and outright rude if she isn't paying attention to conversation. She's beginning to get the hang of diplomacy and tact, but she's still not very good at it. That said, she can be very eloquent when she's talking about -- or to -- things she likes.
Kiriko adores nature, and prefers to spend most of her time immersed in it. Plants and animals, the sea and sky, mountains and valleys, rocks and flowing streams: they feel more real to her, more engaging, than human beings. Kiriko always feels caged in indoors; she's always in a worse mood inside, and if one wants to have a civil conversation with her, they'd best do so out-of-doors and well away from any authority figures.
Kiriko feels strongly for her friend Yumiko, the only human she's ever called her friend. Yumiko is a very good influence on Kiriko.
Bio: Kiriko was the child of two very ambitious businesspeople. They had very little time for her and didn't put a lot of effort into raising her, instead leaving her with nannies that really could have paid a tad more attention. Thankfully, Kiriko didn't much mind. She spent all her time playing around in her very spacious backyard and the adjacent forests. She quickly learned not to expect affection from the people around her; rather, she played with her imagination, made friends with flowers and insects, and generally learned to avoid human contact. 'Twas not to last, however; Kiriko's parents put her into a prestigious school the moment she was of age.
Turns out she was rather intelligent.
Stunned by their daughter's performance, the Kuramae parents immediately set to work trying to mold their daughter into an heir and worker. It didn't work too well. While Kiriko found her schoolwork interesting and got stellar grades, she had very little respect for her teachers and her parents. Her classmates didn't make any attempt to interact with her, thinking her lazy, enviably gifted, and delinquent to adults. It took a long time for her parents to impress their authority upon her. Eventually, when she was found swimming in a nearby creek rather than doing her schoolwork, her parents took the opportunity to inflict a series of lectures and punishments so harsh that Kiriko had to submit. From then on, Kiriko was constantly watched to keep her from acting out.
This was a bad move on their part. Where Kiriko had once been simply dismissive of her parents, she was now truly afraid and resentful. She elected to bide her time and wait until they couldn't influence her life anymore -- i.e., college. Then, when she was fourteen, she met one Yagami Yumiko, a happy-go-lucky, sociable girl crumbling under the stress of her school life. Kiriko helped her study one day, and they managed to form a strange but strong friendship.
Fast forward four years. Kiriko has socially improved leaps and bounds; she's actually capable of holding civil conversations now. In fact, she's perfectly content with her life. Her parents annoy her, but thanks to Yumiko, she's learned to respect them a bit more (a [i]bit[/i]), and they're more nuisances than anything else. But she's still very smart, very clever, and very wary of any authority. In other words, she's the only thing standing between Yumiko and a contract.

Mmm. Not sure I'm going to actually RP, but I made an NPC out of boredom if you guys need one.

[b]Name:[/b] Ofelia, Witch of Leaves
[b]Nature:[/b] Isolation
[b]Species:[/b] Witch
[b]Appearance:[/b] Ofelia resembles a large tree at first glance, but an abnormally thin and pale one. “Her” bark is made completely out of paper with large random scribbles on it, and her leaves are black and diseased, hanging limply and rustling in the wind. Those branches without leaves have an unsettling resemblance to fingers, complete with long sharp nails at the end. Naturally, being a tree, Ofelia is rooted completely in place and cannot move from where she is planted.
[b]Personality:[/b] Being a tree means that Ofelia demonstrates very little sentience. She doesn’t react to outward stimulus much outside of attacks, and could easily be mistaken as a piece of the scenery. However, when she targets someone, she can “speak” to them (like Izabel) in a mournful but almost emotionless voice. This suggests that she’s rather sad about her state, but can’t muster up the strength to do anything. (Maybe that’s why she’s a witch?)
[b]Bio:[/b] Ofelia was born in the short-lived Karafuto Prefecture, or what is known nowadays as the Sakhalin Islands, to a Russian sailor and Japanese colonist around 1930. She was a quiet girl, spending the days locked up in her room painting. This wasn’t just due to her shyness, but the fact that she was mixed-race and therefore ostracized. However, Ofelia acknowledged her nature, and tried to use her outsider status to work on her artwork. Unfortunately, she broke her hand by tripping on her dad’s boat, and while in the hospital, Kyubey approached her. She wished for her hand to be healed, becoming a Magical Girl. Being the space case that she was, Ofelia initially approached it with a distant curiosity, preferring to get things over as quickly as possible. This went well for a few years, but when she witnessed the death of another magical girl, she cracked. Retreating into her shell once more and refusing to hunt down Grief Seeds resulted in her own downfall.
[b]Weapon:[/b] Although immobile, Ofelia can extend her branches and roots at blinding speed to impale her targets. She can also control the vegetation within her barrier to limited effect, usually to try to trip up her targets while going in for the kill.
[b]Barrier:[/b] Interestingly enough, Ofelia’s barrier’s backgrounds look like they are made of loosely crocheted yarn. They all depict sunset and sunrise scenes which are frozen in time, giving a sense of unease. Other than that, the area is mainly pastoral, with fields of tall grass and wildflowers. There are no signs of civilization anywhere.
[b]Minions:[/b] [i]Horace[/i] – Walking ladders of various types and colors, all made of scrap wood patched haphazardly together. Their duty is to “reach,” but for what is rather ambiguous. Horaces don’t do much in terms of attacking, but they try to cluster around opponents to slow them down.

Would you like quick advice on hosting a roleplay? It really is overlooked by some people, but it would be good if you looked into limiting the amount of accepted roleplayers. It really helps keep order, if you understand how.

Anyway, I'll begin mine as soon as I stop playing Skyward Sword...
Probably just a human. May take him up on his offer a bit later, though.

Hey I was wondering if I could reserve a place? I just joined this forum in hope of joining this RP, I've been looking for a Madoka Magica RP since I finished the anime. I understand if you don't due to me being new. I'm busy tonight but I'll write up my application tomorrow! I'm hoping for my character to eventually become a Puella Magi as well.

(I managed to get some free time after all and I finished the application! Hopefully everything is okay, just say so if it isn't and I'll change it.)

[b]Name[/b]: Keiko Chizuru
[b]Age[/b]: 15
[b]Gender[/b]: Female
[b]Species[/b]: Human
[b]Will become a Puella Magi?[/b]: Yes

[b]Description[/b]:

[spoiler=Picture][img]http://i39.tinypic.com/126e25f.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]

Keiko Chizuru is taller than average for her age, standing at around 163 centimeters. Her height makes her look a little older than she actually is, and her figure is fairly athletic due to her love of sports.

Keiko has long flowing deep red hair, which reaches down past her shoulders and delicately frames her face. Although she could be seen as somewhat good looking, the future Puella Magi does not make too much effort with her appearance and is usually quite messy. Most people will look at Keiko and see a woman with a fairly determined look in her bright red eyes, which shows her burning drive to be the best, a feature which makes her look quite unapproachable at times.

When necessary the 15 year old will wear a prim and proper school uniform, or perhaps a fashionable dress to an important social event. But when it comes down to normal every day wear, Keiko is more comfortable in casual sports clothing such as a tracksuit.

[b]Personality[/b]: Keiko comes across as a very determined and confidant person, which is both her strength and her weakness. She rises up to most challenges and trials, but when she fails it hits her hard, leaving doubt lingering in her mind like a parasite feeding on her positive emotions. Overconfident and outspoken are two words which accurately describe Keiko's personality, when it comes to something she feels passionate the young girl isn't afraid to make herself heard.

In terms of intelligence Keiko is not the smartest person, usually rushing headlong into trouble with no thought on the consequences. When it comes to school work Keiko puts enough effort into her lessons to pass, but doesn't try hard enough to stand out. Sport is Kei's real passion; nothing is better to her than the exhilarating feel of adrenaline pumping through her system. The rush of her doing everything in her power to win is what makes her feel alive.

Keiko's social life isn't much to talk about, she has several people she hangs out regularly, but she often thinks that they wouldn't be too bothered if she disappeared over night. The 15 year old has no friends that she really cherishes, and is something which might be just important to her as sports, maybe even more so.

[b]Bio[/b]: Even from a young age Keiko was raised to be the best she possibly could at Sports by her parents - both being from a sporty background. Although they were ambitious people they weren't the wealthiest, and their daughter was raised in a rather poor household. Every time Kei would fail at a Sports Day her parents would scold her, leading to her fear of losing and the sheer disappointment she feels when she does fail.

At the age of 11 tragedy struck the Chizuru household with the mother of Keiko dying of cancer. For many years after this event Keiko's father fell into a deep depression. This made the life of his daughter quite difficult, with her struggling to look after both herself and her father on a daily basis. Eventually with the help of other members of the Chizuru family discovered the depression which had gripped Keiko's father, and she was moved to live with her Grandmother instead. The future Puella Magi moved Schools, losing the few friends she had at the time. At the moment Keiko is in a difficult place in her life, with anything disrupting the uneasy balance.

[b]Weapons[/b]: N/A

[b]Powers[/b]: N/A

Archived