Cutting Class

Tentacruel

Disclaimer: This thread does not condone any unlawful activities. If you are under 16, you really should go to school. (In the USA. Laws vary from country to country.)

Okay, so a very good friend of mine is visiting from out of state, and we're gonna get together and jam, possibly record a short demo cd to give to people. I'm planning on skipping a day of school to make the most of the time he's here, and I'm curious to see what you guys think of skipping classes and how loose you are about it.

To give you an idea about my feelings on it, I've been taking college classes for two years now and this is the first time I've even thought about not showing up, and I've only been late twice.

Discuss skipping classes, whether they be university classes, vocational classes or secondary/high school classes.

I'm pretty great at this. I always catch up and I'm never behind in work but the college still kinda hate me for it (it's not as frequent as it may seem).

Last year I tended to miss half of my lessons on a Tuesday to go to Tuesday night away games, haha. Oh, I mean I had the doctors or something!

This year I have Tuesday's off so I don't need to do that anymore, but I still end up skipping lessons, whether that's by oversleeping or choosing to miss the first couple for extra sleep. I shouldn't really, but I don't think it's that much of a big deal when I always make up the time.

Due to my severe anxiety, since the 3rd grade. Whatever school I was in, I always had a Behavior Support Plan (BSP) that said I could leave class, for whatever reason, for however long a length of time as I wanted; including leaving campus provided I could make my own way. I still had to make up the work, but yea.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1321280196' post='5640732']
To give you an idea about my feelings on it, I've been taking college classes for two years now and this is the first time I've even thought about not showing up, and I've only been late twice.
[/quote]
Well aren't you a good kid? I miss whenever I feel like not going, or the teacher won't care and the class is dumb.

Took the day off for MW3. XD

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1321310544' post='5641909']
I've never skipped. But in freshman year, there was this one kid who sat in the boy's bathroom for 3 periods watching South Park on his laptop.
It was hilarious when the Assistant Principal came in to get him.
[/quote]
that is sad on so many levels

HE COULD HAVE BEEN WATCHING ANIME

I skip if there's someone to skip with or if there's somewhere fun to go. And even then, it's only a period or 2 (out of 7). I'm not stupid enough to skip a test. In terms of lost notes, last time I studied was maybe 4 years ago for a latin test. And that was 7th grade, when I thought I actually needed the studying.

If I don't skip a boring class I usually sleep, which is not that big of a difference.

Theoretically... I cut class once.
This is primary school though. Big difference.
All other times I missed school was a for school athletic competitions and legitimate sickness.
Though once I tried to make mum send me to school anyway. Just with a note saying I could go to the toilet whenever because of sickness.

But no.

By the way, that once was today. BOOYAH. Though I had to do a test at my highschool.

[quote name='Lunar Eclipse' timestamp='1321324776' post='5642566']
Theoretically... I cut class once.
This is [b]primary school[/b] though. Big difference.
All other times I missed school was a for school athletic competitions and legitimate sickness.
Though once I tried to make mum send me to school anyway. Just with a note saying I could go to the toilet whenever because of sickness.

But no.

By the way, that once was today. BOOYAH. Though I had to do a test at my highschool.
[/quote]

In my area, primary school is grades 1 to 3. So please explain.

it really all depends, I skip a couple of my running start courses because its too easy
human phys, I leave early when i finish all my work because i dick around with friends while I work anyways
AP. econ, no i never ditch thats GPA suicide
marine bio I ditch all the time cuz its easy as f***, and the human phys teacher is the same as the marine bio one and he loves me
orchestra all the time when the song is boring

classes from previous times: to go to other classes that are watching movies, having parties or just having a free day, cuz those classes we're easy and all teachers pretty much love me.

gay school events: like make a difference day, where you scrape gum off tables for a "better environment"
Hawaii's not that big so we can walk to the mall in like 10 minutes

Archived